watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

5th April 2008

Started by Willard, January 11, 2014, 10:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willard

Something occurred to me today, a dim memory stirred.

On 5th April 2008 Fulham played Sunderland at the Cottage. We lost 1-3.

What I will always remember was the almost total silence when they scored their third goal. It was silent in the Hammersmith End, where I was, the JH and the Riverside. All you could hear was the noise of the away fans.

That defeat left us in 19th position on 24 points.

That was The Great Escape year.

Keep the faith... Stand Up If You Still Believe!

Burt

Their third goal killed us today.

Up until then, I really thought we would do it. We were piling on the pressure and the crowd were behind the team.

If we sort out the defence in this window then I think we will be ok.

I am keeping the faith...

Aaron

Sunderland at the Cottage has a habit of being a rest-of-the-season-defining fixture..

I now hate playing them.. Same way I hate playing Stoke.

Sgt Fulham

The list of teams I hate playing is quite long. Everton, WHU and Sunderland are just 3.

Admin

This season, it was a 4th goal, and we remain on 19 points. I'm sorry, but this year is our year to go down, and unlike 2008, we don't have players to fight for the cause.

That loss today was uncalled for, well at 4-1 anyway.   

Tonywa

Quote from: Willard on January 11, 2014, 10:16:11 PM
Something occurred to me today, a dim memory stirred.

On 5th April 2008 Fulham played Sunderland at the Cottage. We lost 1-3.

What I will always remember was the almost total silence when they scored their third goal. It was silent in the Hammersmith End, where I was, the JH and the Riverside. All you could hear was the noise of the away fans.

That defeat left us in 19th position on 24 points.

That was The Great Escape year.

Keep the faith... Stand Up If You Still Believe!

Funny you should say that.  Although you have recalled the details far better than I, I mentioned that game to one of my friends this afternoon and if memory serves it was a far poorer performance than we managed today. One of our saving graces the time maybe the, with the possible relegation candidates stretching right up to tenth place, there is a huge amount of dross down there and I'm sure the results will fluctuate hugely for the rest of the season.  Stand by for a bumpy ride.

Robbie

I want to keep the faith but all I see are a bunch of old blokes who think they are great, who can't keep up the pace for 90 minutes and can't communicate. I am sick of Riise playing a sh*t game and then coming and clapping us at the end!