85% chance we are going down.
10 players get fired.
Rene goes.
Curbs takes over.
Use the parachute payment to re-build.
Grouped around our U-21s.
Bounce back in 2015-2016.

Bassey the warrior

You've taken a rather big leap here. We can assess our chances next month based on the players we've got in. I can't see Rene leaving though, he's got a pretty poor record in management and really needs to prove himself if he's going to progress his career. I think he's here for the long haul unless he gets fired.

ron

Quote from: Robbie on January 12, 2014, 12:08:11 PM
85% chance we are going down.
10 players get fired.
Rene goes.
Curbs takes over.
Use the parachute payment to re-build.
Grouped around our U-21s.
Bounce back in 2015-2016.

I'm worried that the gentle "parachute" descent may - as it did in the late 'sixties- turn into a plummet....

nose

i really don't agree with this negative thread.
the problem was jol, it is always a problem picking up the pieces and turning it round unless you are a very lucky bunny!
it took roy ages to get things together and he was really only cleaning up the mess coleman left, sanchez was the unfortunate intermediate that started the process!

Robbie

I hope we stay up ... but this feels a bit inevitable .... mainly as our squad is so old and too many players think they have the ability they had 5 seasons ago. I hope I am wrong.  THE priority has got to be to get some draws in the next month.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm surprised that so many people say it is too early for many of our youngsters.
Perhaps they are better than our crop but the PL is littered with 'youngsters' many of them pushing for England (and other countries) full international squads.
One of the worst things we did this season is sell Frei for 'peanuts'.
With good coaching he could be a top player, having said that I'm not sure how he's doing in Turkey.   Reminds me of another 'overlooked' Fulham youngster, Paul Brooker who I thought had immense talent.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES