watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clint Dempsey What a great man

Started by The Swan, January 12, 2014, 09:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

It was good to see Clint Dempsey back playing for us in the Prem yesterday, although he looked a bit unfit.
At the end of the game Clint gave his shirt to a Fulham fan in a wheelchair.He and his dad are season ticket holders and sit in front of the Johnny Haynes Stand. My wife and I met this young lad today at church in  Chickwick.He is really trilled to get Clints shirt.
He and his dad have got tickets for the game away to Arsenal this Saturday.
The Swan

Fulham76

Quote from: The Swan on January 12, 2014, 09:56:54 PM
It was good to see Clint Dempsey back playing for us in the Prem yesterday, although he looked a bit unfit.
At the end of the game Clint gave his shirt to a Fulham fan in a wheelchair.He and his dad are season ticket holders and sit in front of the Johnny Haynes Stand. My wife and I met this young lad today at church in  Chickwick.He is really trilled to get Clints shirt.

Tell me the tickets to Arsenal next week weren't part of Clint's good will gesture? I'd rather take a kick in the balls than sit through that...

Andy S

leonffc

Quote from: The Swan on January 12, 2014, 09:56:54 PM

My son and me have tickets for the game away to arsenal on Saturday.

Not entirely sure that it makes Dempsey any greater but I'm willing to throw my weight behind the cause

grandad

He is a decent chap but football wise he was a great man but no longer. I would love to turn the clock back but time & tide wait for no man.
Where there's a will there's a wife

BedsFFC

Quote from: grandad on January 13, 2014, 08:13:02 AM
He is a decent chap but football wise he was a great man but no longer. I would love to turn the clock back but time & tide wait for no man.

Give the guy a chance, he's not played for two months. He's only 30

Humbled

he was making some good movements in the first 25mins then went missing...
ha has the ability and he made a couple of late runs into the box which we have been missing (one being when Berba was offside n Clint scored)

Nice touch though, Alvaro Negredo did the same a couple of weeks ago when they played us.

epsomraver

Love to know what he thinks of the changes in the way we play since he was here last?

ferndownwhite

That is a great gesture by Clint. It may be his only positive contribution to our cause. I am not sure he will be our saviour, he wont be match fit for a couple more games yet and then  a couple more games and he returns home. Thanks Clint.

We have on loan with us a striker who sits on the bench for 80mins most weeks. Strikers wont find any form or fitness on the bench. Can anybody please explain why Darren Bent is used so little. We are I suspect paying a considerable part of his wages. If we are not going to use him why don't we send him back and get another loan player that will be used much more..........surely that is the point of loan players.

Humbled

Quote from: ferndownwhite on January 13, 2014, 09:58:12 AM
That is a great gesture by Clint. It may be his only positive contribution to our cause. I am not sure he will be our saviour, he wont be match fit for a couple more games yet and then  a couple more games and he returns home. Thanks Clint.

We have on loan with us a striker who sits on the bench for 80mins most weeks. Strikers wont find any form or fitness on the bench. Can anybody please explain why Darren Bent is used so little. We are I suspect paying a considerable part of his wages. If we are not going to use him why don't we send him back and get another loan player that will be used much more..........surely that is the point of loan players.

agree with the Bent situation mate, it would seem very few on here do though, he is what Rodders was last season, constantly criticised

epsomraver

Quote from: Humbled on January 13, 2014, 10:01:15 AM

agree with the Bent situation mate, it would seem very few on here do though, he is what Rodders was last season, constantly criticised

Because as a striker he is very poor, missed two sitters in important games and shows less effort than Berbatov when not missing goals, that is why he is on the bench

ferndownwhite

Why are we keeping him as a loan player if we are not going to use him ..............surely we should have loan players that we are going to use to improve our performances

Humbled

Quote from: epsomraver on January 13, 2014, 10:19:36 AM
Quote from: Humbled on January 13, 2014, 10:01:15 AM
That is a great gesture by Clint. It may be his only positive contribution to our cause. I am not sure he will be our saviour, he wont be match fit for a couple more games yet and then  a couple more games and he returns home. Thanks Clint.

Because as a striker he is very poor, missed two sitters in important games and shows less effort than Berbatov when not missing goals, that is why he is on the bench

recently he missed against West Ham and there have been a couple more (i think against chelsea) Neither would Berba have got to as it required running off the shoulder of the defender and the West ham one it was less than 10 seconds after coming off the bench. i agree completely though, when he has time to think he seems to miss which isn't good enough when your not getting very many chances.
The problem i have though is you cant play a man for 10 minutes or in cup games with reserve/youth players and then blame him. He has scored one less than the messiah and played a lot less minutes.
Rodders got similar treatment last season, Ruiz or Berba could be Tommy Tank for 80 mins but it would be Rodders who come on for 10 that got all the sheeeeeet

EDIT - also the messiah's finishing isn't anywhere near as good as his 1st touch, he missed plenty last season and has this season.
however he does something magic and that is what is remembered (such as the touch in someones signature on this forum) from 12 yards and a dead ball though he is almost as genius as Super Mario, i give him that.

EDIT 2 - i would prefer personally Taarabt for the skill and a Bent TYPE player to be ahead of him. rather than a skilful Berba who doesn't stay up top. Berba's best games this season were prob his 1st 2 with Rene and he STAYED upfront, only dropping for the last 5 mins or so. Playing Karagounis helped.

nose

dempsey was always a very nice man, having met him I can assure you of that.
But i believe the old adage, never go back. I think this addition to our squad will prove to be a bad error.