watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

we need a big name signing or 2

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, January 12, 2014, 11:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

Its time khan backs muleensteen with some money to bring in some real quality into our team, make a statement of we mean business,  help us to maintain premiership status and bring in younger players for the future.
We need a lift and we need youth and passion its now or it maybe too late but khan needs to let people know he means business. 051

KP_FFC

agreed, i find it appalling we haven't signed anyone yet given our current situation. 

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: FPT on January 12, 2014, 11:23:58 PM
Like whom?
Thats not my job and besides anyone I suggest is my suggestion and totally Irelevant

Admin

Fully agree. We don't need to splash the cash like QPR did, in an insane way, but we need to spend a minimum of 10 million quid on 2 experienced players that are going to make a difference. I know people say "like who", but we've known this for months now, and i at least expected us to come out of the traps. but as usual, nothing.  

Jack Fulham

We need immediate impact and that is expensive. The problem with the premier league now is that players take a long time to adapt or in Ruiz's case don't adapt at all.

Tempest

we need the right signing. Big name or unknown, £10m or 50p get the right players in. Berba is a big name, Ruiz is a big signing. They worked out well!
Live in Falmouth!

WORTHINGFULHAM

If we spend 15milliion quid on a couple of decent players that make a difference even its over priced slightly surely its better than going down...which is at present a grim reality.

K33NY

I couldnt agree more, but in our situation, wich big named player would even come to us? And can we afford with with Berbatov high wages?

Scrumpy

Agree.

We only need 2 or 3, but they need to be good.

1 Goalkeeper, 1 striker who runs a bit, and another striker who runs a bit!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Admin

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 12, 2014, 11:45:23 PM
Agree.

We only need 2 or 3, but they need to be good.

1 Goalkeeper, 1 striker who runs a bit, and another striker who runs a bit!

And a left back that runs back a bit, faster.

Lighthouse

The time to do it was two or three years ago. Who is going to come to us now who has any quality? We hope for a defender or three, a forward or two and goodness knows who else.  But we have been waiting for too long and hoping for some player who isn't over the hill and short on fitness. We can hope but I expect nothing special now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

We need to get the right players in, getting them in for their quality as opposed to their cheapness as we hate done in previous January windows.
Short term deals are okay if the player is right but paying over the odds could save money long term. If we wait until the end of the window to sign anyone we will be far less likely to stay up.

Deanothefulhamfan

It is the world cup year, so I believe we have a great chance of getting a big name in, someone who is perhaps not getting the minutes at his current club... Lescott is an obvious candidate imo

St Eve

We don't need a big signing we just need the right signing. Our big signings, Marlet, Johnson ans Ruiz have hardly been inspiring. In our great escape year we signed a relative unknown called Brede and what a difference he made. We got players with passion for a small investment like Murphy, Gera, Scwartzer

Holders

They need to be the right signings but they need to come in now (or last week), not at the end of the window. The ground-work should have been done in December.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Holders on January 13, 2014, 07:19:04 AM
They need to be the right signings but they need to come in now (or last week), not at the end of the window. The ground-work should have been done in December.
I agree we should have been looking at and listing players we want to approach, way back. But we couldn't actually approach them until the window opened otherwise we would have been done for 'tapping up'! 

grandad

We need a LB, CD, Playmaker NOW who can come right out of the trap. We can´t afford for them to take weeks & weeks to bed in. As others have said, this should have been sorted out long ago but we are now in crisis.
Where there's a will there's a wife