The key to us staying up

Started by JackyFulham90, January 13, 2014, 03:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

In my opinion is

. Going back to the 4-3-3 that Rene started with when 1st appointed
. Getting Stekelenburg & Hangeland back fully fit
. Playing Dejagah & Kacaniklic regularly out wide giving us width & pace

For me that would make a huge difference to our play, we were brilliant against Villa & Spurs,  the 4-3-3 is the way to go.

We do need to strengthen in January I think Diame from West Ham would be a good signing for us as would Cresswell from Ipswich. Both realistic signings.

Please Rene go back to the 4-3-3 that made me think we would accelerate away from the bottom 3 not the predictable 4-2-3-1 that we play sideways football in.

dannydog

You're right we lacked any pace out wide on sat and Riise seemed unwilling to overlap prob due to Johnsons pace. Dempsey played so narrow he just clogged up the central areas we need to play 2 quick wide men. I wonder who decided to play that formation on sat it was so obvious after 20 mins it wasn't working. Also need to drop Berb and play Adel up top.

OHfulhamfan

I'm am thinking these days the key to us staying up is there are three teams even more useless. There may well be.

Danitar

Quote from: OHfulhamfan on January 13, 2014, 05:16:53 PM
I'm am thinking these days the key to us staying up is there are three teams even more useless. There may well be.

Name them

Bassey the warrior

I think the only thing to save us will be splashing the cash on quality reinforcements.

alfie

Well i my be wrong here but i think the key to staying up is

win some bloody games

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bobby01

Quote from: alfie on January 13, 2014, 06:10:55 PM
Well i my be wrong here but i think the key to staying up is

win some bloody games

:plus one:

Or stop conceding
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Chesh

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 13, 2014, 03:57:43 PM
In my opinion is

For me that would make a huge difference to our play, we were brilliant against Villa & Spurs,  the 4-3-3 is the way to go.

We do need to strengthen in January I think Diame from West Ham would be a good signing for us as would Cresswell from Ipswich. Both realistic signings.

Please Rene go back to the 4-3-3 that made me think we would accelerate away from the bottom 3 not the predictable 4-2-3-1 that we play sideways football in.
100% agree, the worrying thing for me is that RM is being influenced too much by the crab!
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

hovewhite

Stek
Rither. Brede. Hughes.  Rilse

Sidwell kara parker

Dejagah. Berba or dempsey. Kaka

Luffy86

The only way to stay up this time is to invest, and I mean seriously!
For a premiership team there has been minimal investment in the squad over the past three years so we are a bit far behind!!
Take for example Southampton, they are reaping what they sow and it shows!
A good mix of youth, experience and money spent... They are now flourishing!!

Or like us... A team of old men, one year contracts, players from relegated clubs, loanees, journeymen, bench warmers or big attitude players with the odd exception.......

St Eve

MrProphet

Couldn't agree more Jack I cannot understand why we played so well and looked so much more solid playing 4-3-3 then reverted back to looking like we had little to no plan. Instead Rene did a Jol and instead of putting players in to a system he tried to shoe horn players in and work a so called system round them. We cannot play two luxury players whether it was Ruiz and berbatov or not Taarabt and berbatov is it really that difficult to understand?????

As for the lack of pace that was unbelievable if I was dejagh and kaca I would be scratching my head

epsomraver

Quote from: MrProphet on January 14, 2014, 07:37:16 AM
Couldn't agree more Jack I cannot understand why we played so well and looked so much more solid playing 4-3-3 then reverted back to looking like we had little to no plan. Instead Rene did a Jol and instead of putting players in to a system he tried to shoe horn players in and work a so called system round them. We cannot play two luxury players whether it was Ruiz and berbatov or not Taarabt and berbatov is it really that difficult to understand?????

As for the lack of pace that was unbelievable if I was dejagh and kaca I would be scratching my head

:plus one: :plus one:

DiegoFulham

In my opinion is

Key to Survival: Stop Conceding goals... we've conceded the most goals this season! so bring in Lescott to play alongside Hangeland with Ryan Bertrand to sign on a loan to Permanent deal at the end of the season. start Berbatov playing & Bent to start scoring goals! Diarra back at FFC after injury!
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

ltd-ffc

i think stek and hangeland back from injury will be a huge boost also diarra would help us ouy and give us solid rock in midfield although he has not let on too much about his return
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

RaySmith

Quote from: DiegoFulham on January 14, 2014, 11:22:02 AM
In my opinion is

Key to Survival: Stop Conceding goals... we've conceded the most goals this season! so bring in Lescott to play alongside Hangeland with Ryan Bertrand to sign on a loan to Permanent deal at the end of the season. start Berbatov playing & Bent to start scoring goals! Diarra back at FFC after injury!

Exactly - if we hadn't conceded so many so cheaply we would be up the table.

Again on Sat, we  were well in the game, and should have been in front, when  we gave away another  soft goal - then more when we were chasing the game for an equalizer.

It's our defensive ineptitude that is our undoing, and leads to Fulham coaches and fans gnashing their teeth, pulling out their hair, and waking at night in a cold sweat.

Riverside

Quote from: OHfulhamfan on January 13, 2014, 05:16:53 PM

Palace possibly  - but Pulis is having an effect
Norwich possibly

Otherwise of the others there is nothing in the results to give us much hope

Sunderland ? 1-4 Sat
Cardiff ? 1-2 at home
West Ham ? 0-3 away 2-1 vs 10 men at home
West Brom 1-1 at home

Play like we did against Sunderland and we are gone

FFC1987

Stop shipping goals for fun would be a start!

Riverside

I agree with Jacky

Let's go back to 4-3-3
Sort out the back 5
Have pace on the wings
And have a CF that works for the team

In injuries allow and assuming we get Bertrand ( that seems the one rumour with legs )

Steks

Reither Hangeland Burn Bertrand

Parker Sidwell Kara ( or can I dream of a fit Diarra )

Dejagah                                      Kaca

Dembele ( or Rodellega )

Would be good to get a couple of signings that would upgrade this but I am working with what we have .