watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

HEITINGA

Started by Finnans Right Peg, January 13, 2014, 07:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

I think we should sign Heitinga from everton as he is a typical fulham signing Would be available on the cheap and has a point to prove so he can make the Dutch world cup squad

davew

According to the betting we are already favourites to sign him, not sure he would wish to join us though, not many players would in our present predicament.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

grandad

Any signings would have relegation clauses written in. Benefits both parties.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FPT

I'm not quite sure why people dislike the idea of this signing.

1. It's cheap.
2. He's comfortable on the ball, and good in the air despite his height.
3. He's a similar style to Aaron Hughes, thus, a better foil for the likes of Hangeland, Amorebieta and Senderos.
4. If he does ok, there's a short term replacement for Aaron Hughes as well wait for Grimmer to mature and develop.

hovewhite

FPT that makes a lot of sense,you should be doing ali macks job,as I don't think he's ever thought anything through like and came to a rationle solotion .

Luffy86

Should already be on our list!! Yards better in terms of quality over Hughes, Senderos and Amorebieta!
Plus, I think we should be putting a cheeky bid in for Nemaja Vidic, out of contract in the summer!!

Bedford White

Quote from: Luffy86 on January 13, 2014, 09:13:52 PM
Should already be on our list!! Yards better in terms of quality over Hughes, Senderos and Amorebieta!
Plus, I think we should be putting a cheeky bid in for Nemaja Vidic, out of contract in the summer!!

:plus one: absolutely agree re Vidic, he'd be an instant and 100% improvement on our current CB's (Brede excluded)

Luffy86

Quote from: Bedford White on January 13, 2014, 09:26:14 PM

:plus one: absolutely agree re Vidic, he'd be an instant and 100% improvement on our current CB's (Brede excluded)

Gotta be worth a punt, eh??? Would be a class signing!!

kiwiwaka

Heitinga would be a good replacement for Hughes. He's not a slouch either like many of our defenders.

MJG

Good replacement for Senderos...no wait Hughes...or should be it be Amore? Sod it dump all 3, get another one in and have Brede and Burn as the 4 cb's

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Whiteroom

Quote from: Luffy86 on January 13, 2014, 09:29:53 PM

Are you two high?

Luffy86

[/quote]
Quote from: Whiteroom on January 13, 2014, 10:21:09 PM

Are you two high?

Always... Better to be high than low or all the negatives overrun you....
Come on, it's not too far fetched.... We signed Berbatov didn't we.... And we bought Curbishlhy and Wilkinson out of retirement...

It's football after all, you know anything could happen!!!

JDH101

Quote from: Luffy86 on January 13, 2014, 10:28:15 PM

Are you two high?

Come on, it's not too far fetched.... We signed Berbatov didn't we.... And we bought Curbishlhy and Wilkinson out of retirement...

[/quote]

Vidic is not re-signing with Utd. That is a huge difference to them no longer wanting him.

Why on earth would he want to leave Utd to come to us? We could probably afford 1/4 of his wages. The Berbatov situation was very different to this. He wasn't getting first team football.

ltd-ffc

Quote from: JDH101 on January 14, 2014, 02:03:14 AM
Quote from: Luffy86 on January 13, 2014, 10:28:15 PM

Are you two high?

Vidic is not re-signing with Utd. That is a huge difference to them no longer wanting him.

Why on earth would he want to leave Utd to come to us? We could probably afford 1/4 of his wages. The Berbatov situation was very different to this. He wasn't getting first team football.
[/quote] i keep seeing this vidic thing come up and it is laughable I like ambition but a touch of realism.
Vidic looks to leave england and he will not go for a club any lower in quality than juventus, PSG etc. and if he does it will be with somebody with big bucks like Monaco or Fiorentina
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Adi-ffc

[/quote]

064.gif

Pluto

I hate the phrase but Heitinga really is an "accident waiting to happen", and is constantly described as such by Everton fans. Miles worse than Senderos.

I dread to think the stick he'll get if we do sign him. Has everyone forgotten that "tackle" in the world cup final?

Jims Dentist

Yes definately a disaster waiting to happen, as if we have not got enough of those already.

As for coment from FPT " Good in the air ", have ever seen him play?

Robbie

We should stablise the back five - Reither - Hangers - Burns - Richardson, with Stek behind.  Dump Senderos and Riise, Amor - not sure

FPT

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 14, 2014, 07:53:00 PM
Yes definately a disaster waiting to happen, as if we have not got enough of those already.

As for coment from FPT " Good in the air ", have ever seen him play?

Yes, thank you, I don't appreciate being patronised, Mr Intelligence.

FPT

Funny this, he's been fantastic since joining. Certainly our best centre back at this stage.