https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Taarabt or Ruiz?

Started by SW6 Taarabt, January 13, 2014, 09:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SW6 Taarabt

If you had to make a choice

kiwiwaka

Taarabt. I'd happily sign him permanently this window if it meant to free up another loan spot. If we get him playing consistently, we have a hell of a player.

westcliff white

Choice is made Ruiz passed a medical today at PSV.

Personally I would look for someone other than both of them, Ruiz we know he didn't adapt, and Tarantino is showing the same traits in a different way. He shoots when he should pass and vice versa at times. Saturday was a prime example, if he squares the ball Dempsey has a far better chance to score but he shoots from a ridiculous angle and the keeper saves. Just my opinion of course
Every day is a Fulham day

Humbled

K33NY

Taarabt, I think Ruiz still have skills but he isnt suited for us or PL style I think, who knows under our a different team but hes better of somewhere else, Taarabt getting better I think

Humbled

Quote from: K33NY on January 13, 2014, 09:51:17 PM
Taarabt, I think Ruiz still have skills but he isnt suited for us or PL style I think, who knows under our a different team but hes better of somewhere else, Taarabt getting better I think

Tarrabt getting time.... getting game time will show what ur about, didn't work for Ruiz, working for Taarabt. Maybe would have worked for Del Boy? Rodders? Bent? maybe it will work for Burn, Dembele etc etc. got to be given the chance to find out, rather than just be a manager or fans favourite which seems to have been the case for half the team

Sgt Fulham

Taarabt any day. What the hell spellcheck, how does Taarabt resemble 'Arabist' in any way??  :49:

FPT

It depends on what kind of team... I think Bryan Ruiz would flourish at a Swansea, where it's based on possession, passing and moving and he's got pace around him to provide him with space.

Ruiz also was an incredibly hard worker, I think last season he had the best defensive stats of any Premier League attacker as well as 7 assists.

Adel Taarabt is a surprisingly good worker, vs. Sunderland he was sprinting at the centre backs applying pressure high up the park, though it wasn't obvious because without Dejagah and Kacaniklic/Richardson, a quick pressure game is impossible.

Adel Taarabt is a natural talent, but it needs to be honed properly. I think his best position is as a false 9, the only problem is it then puts pressure on the central midfielders and one of the wingers to get into the box.

He's only two years older than Alex Kacaniklic, so he's got a long time in him yet. He seems to like it here, and I've not seen anybody hate on him since his first few months where he struggled for fitness (which I think he still is, no pre season is costing him and us).

Skatzoffc

Imo , If we keep Tarrabt it should be to use a lone striker.

He is at his best in that position, with no defensive responsibility except for chasing down the goalie or harassing defenders bringing the ball out.
He is too lightweight when required to work back and tackle.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

KP_FFC

bmasar

Quote from: westcliff white on January 13, 2014, 09:47:29 PM
Personally I would look for someone other than both of them, Ruiz we know he didn't adapt, and Tarantino is showing the same traits in a different way.

I always thought Tarantino's problem was adapting too much from other works.

Joking aside, Taarabt shows more purpose when attacking than Ruiz. The end result isn't always there though.

Bassey the warrior

Taarabt for all his faults has made more of an impact this season and he's still young and has time to develop. Whether we should sign him permanently I'm not sure yet.

Deanothefulhamfan

Taarabt has huge potential, and a player I would really like to see spearheading our attack.

JBH

Who is this guy Ruiz? I can't remember him playing for Fulham  :Get Coat gif:

grandad

The trouble of playing Taarabt as a lone striker is his lack of height. If we play 2 wingers he is not going to beat many central defenders in the air. I would still prefer him over Ruiz. Sad though as I really hoped Ruiz would cut it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on January 14, 2014, 06:17:37 AM
The trouble of playing Taarabt as a lone striker is his lack of height. If we play 2 wingers he is not going to beat many central defenders in the air. I would still prefer him over Ruiz. Sad though as I really hoped Ruiz would cut it.
his lack of height is in no way a concern compared to his lack of finishing ability. his shooting makes dembele look prolific. infact I couldn't think of a worse player to put upfront.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JBH

Quote from: fulhamben on January 14, 2014, 07:24:08 AM
his lack of height is in no way a concern compared to his lack of finishing ability. his shooting makes dembele look prolific. infact I couldn't think of a worse player to put upfront.

Senderos????????????

fulhamben

Quote from: JBH on January 14, 2014, 07:29:23 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 14, 2014, 07:24:08 AM

Senderos????????????
doesn't he already have more league goals than taarabt, and that's from defence. Just imagine big Phil playing up front for the rest of the season, he would probably score more than taarabt will in the rest of his career
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

this is what is called a no brainer... the answer is taarabat.
ruiz 2 1/2 years virtually annonumous
taarabat a handful of games, has contributed...even if there is often little between his ears he poses a threat to the opposition and they have to watch jim closely... he is good on the ball, beats players has demonstrable ability BUT negative side is he often just wants to hold the ball and shoot regardless of whether it is the right thing to do,and he often delays his pass, but nonmetheless he does contribute and if he can be harnessed he will be a great player, but somehow I don't think he will stay.