Previous topic - Next topic

fulhams_finest

Fulham76

Quote from: fulhams_finest on January 14, 2014, 11:41:17 AM
....the wait continues....

Can only be 2 reasons.

1. We've tried but can't persuade anyone to join our relegation battle or
2. We have no money to spend.

Why else wouldn't we have brought someone in by now? The longer we leave it, the more we'll have to pay.

FFC1987

Negotiations always take twice as long in this window...Or so im led to believe so any transfers happening is always a lengthy transaction.

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 14, 2014, 11:54:16 AM

Can only be 2 reasons.

Why else wouldn't we have brought someone in by now? The longer we leave it, the more we'll have to pay.

^don't forget it takes time for new players to gel aswell - this season is looking like a complete car crash

JBH

Quote from: fulhams_finest on January 14, 2014, 11:56:56 AM

Can only be 2 reasons.

^don't forget it takes time for new players to gel aswell - this season is looking like a complete car crash

You seem to be forgetting the signings made by RH in this window that actually kept us up  065.gif

Craven Mad

Can only be 2 reasons.

Or maybe reason 3.

3. We've been working towards signings but are - as of now - unready to make announcements because we haven't completed the transaction yet (and don't want to attract other suitors).

Patience please...

rockieroad

Not too much activity going around for any clubs. I think the market will really get going this week. I expect us to get players near the end of the window like a lot of clubs will.

Beamer

Because everybody else is trying to shuffle their packs and these things take time to organise. It's the age old I won't sell him if I can't get a replacement and they won't sell me him until they can sort out their deals - so every window everybody holds off until the last minute and the usual chaos ensues.
Windows are a nonsense and simply do not work efficiently. Transfers should be able to be made at any time up to a pre-determined date before the end of the season, players should only be allowed to move once a year and teams should not be allowed to loan players from the same division in which they are playing. Premiership players being loaned to other premiership sides is a nonsense with the possible exception of an emergency goalkeeper loan.

ltd-ffc

i personally think we have been in talk with players but they have chosen other routes

so yep the wait continues  094.gif 094.gif 094.gif 094.gif 094.gif 094.gif 094.gif 094.gif 094.gif 094.gif 094.gif
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Brede Butter Pudding

With the club all but confirming the departures of Ruiz and Boateng I would be shocked if we didn't bring anyone in. The Ruiz transfer hasn't been officially announced yet, so we may be waiting until his wages are guaranteed to be off the bill before we confirm the signings of others.

It is frustrating, but Fulham are notorious for doing their business under the radar. I am more than confident we will bring in at least two players, preferably a defender and a quick striker, we just need to let the club do their thing and have some confidence in Rene's and Alistair Mac's abilities.

Craven Mad

I must say that seeing Hull close to announcing Nikica Jelavic and Shane Long hurts; two hard working and pacey strikers - who will stretch defences and bag goals with clinical finishing - is something we could really have done with..

I do hope that the only reason we haven't signed anyone yet is because Khan is taking a while writing all of the zeros on the cheques.. We need to get spending. 

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 14, 2014, 12:28:25 PM
I do hope that the only reason we haven't signed anyone yet is because Khan is taking a while writing all of the zeros on the cheques.. We need to get spending. 

He is writing ZERO cheques.
Face facts everyone...Khan is going to starve us.
I have been saying this for months now...he doesn't give a love about FFC.
Feeding on scraps.

JBH

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on January 14, 2014, 12:47:24 PM

I have been saying this for months now...he doesn't give a fcuk about FFC.
Feeding on scraps.

Makes no business sense and one thing Khan isn't is stupid

Brede Butter Pudding

Feeding on scraps.

Absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever. He made the right move in getting rid of Jol, he's brought in additional backroom staff to try to steady the ship and I'm confident he and the club are working hard behind the scenes trying to bring players in. It's not his fault the players are playing terribly and we're in this position. The resources are there and I'm confident we'll see at least two new faces in this month.

Also, he's an intelligent man and a hugely successful businessman, more so than any of us. He wouldn't have bought the club just to take us down, it makes absolutely no sense.

Try and have some faith, otherwise the battle is already lost and we may as well give up. Let's see who we've brought in at the end of January, then it'll be fairer to judge Khan's intentions.

Bassey the warrior

Can only be 2 reasons.

3. Selling club hugely inflating the cost. It's a sellers market.

Bassey the warrior

I must say that seeing Hull close to announcing Nikica Jelavic and Shane Long hurts; two hard working and pacey strikers - who will stretch defences and bag goals with clinical finishing - is something we could really have done with..

6.5 million for Jelavic is too much though. They paid less and he's not actually wanted. There's paying over the odds then there's being daft. What a great deal for Everton.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on January 14, 2014, 12:20:42 PM
With the club all but confirming the departures of Ruiz and Boateng I would be shocked if we didn't bring anyone in. The Ruiz transfer hasn't been officially announced yet, so we may be waiting until his wages are guaranteed to be off the bill before we confirm the signings of others.

It is frustrating, but Fulham are notorious for doing their business under the radar. I am more than confident we will bring in at least two players, preferably a defender and a quick striker, we just need to let the club do their thing and have some confidence in Rene's and Alistair Mac's abilities.

Ali Mac has presided over the making of this current debacle. I come up short when looking for confidence in him, honestly. What I do have confidence in is the certainty that Fulham had to promise to make transfer funds available in order to get Rene to sign and to get Curbs and Wilkins to sign. I hope that they spend it well and soon.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Burt

Quote from: JBH on January 14, 2014, 01:03:54 PM

Feeding on scraps.

Makes no business sense and one thing Khan isn't is stupid

Would Khan really want to see our revenue dip? Can't remember what the stats are but the difference between premier league and championship football is £40 or £50m?

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 14, 2014, 01:16:54 PM

Ali Mac has presided over the making of this current debacle. I come up short when looking for confidence in him, honestly. What I do have confidence in is the certainty that Fulham had to promise to make transfer funds available in order to get Rene to sign and to get Curbs and Wilkins to sign. I hope that they spend it well and soon.

Fair enough, but Ali Mac is still regarded as 'one of the very best' in the game, whatever that means. We have a very experienced board and backroom staff. We may not historically be big spenders, but do have experience and I'm sure they're doing all they can to improve our current situation.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on January 14, 2014, 01:22:57 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 14, 2014, 01:16:54 PM

Fair enough, but Ali Mac is still regarded as 'one of the very best' in the game, whatever that means. We have a very experienced board and backroom staff. We may not historically be big spenders, but do have experience and I'm sure they're doing all they can to improve our current situation.

I've been trying to figure out what is meant by that as well. I suppose that it's more of a financial accomplishment than anything.

But the fact remains, at least in my eyes, that we've been walking the tightrope with the application of our spartan (for this league) wage allowance for several years now. Yes, we are a debt free club now and, IIRC, we've declared profits in recent seasons. While that has happened though, our roster has been gutted of any players in their prime ages with the exception of Dejagah and Zverotic.

We have a very unhealthy roster make up. I think that ensuring a healthy roster was/is part of Ali Mac's job as well - a part that's been neglected.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude