watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham must go for the Cup

Started by Nick Bateman, January 14, 2014, 04:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

They say winning breeds winning and while the FA Cup is not Fulham's main priority, we must play our strongest team today, while getting one or two back to full fitness like Brede Hangeland.

Muelensteen picked a reserve team for the away leg with Norwich and we hung on to earn this live televised tie and the prospect of playing League One side Sheffield United in the following round.  If Fulham win both will be have a realistic fancy to contemplate actually winning the competition.

Our manager also needs to return back to the scintilating, high-paced style he adopted when he arrived, before the terrible appointments of Messers Curbishley & Wilkins.  We still have a goalkeeper issue with either Stock or Stek being a far cry from what we had last season in Schwarzer - personally I would buy him back and sell Stekeleneburg, I'm sure there will be takers.

But with a decent referee this time and live on BT, Fulham need to put on a display that will impress the "neutrals" and perhaps convince a few refs to cash-in their bet on Fulham for the drop and start giving us fair treatment.  049:gif
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

west kowloon white

Wow..prospect of winning it,corrupt referees ,terrible back room appointments,buy back Schwarzer....good lunchtime in the pub or wacky b...???

FPT

I want to go through, but want to see the youth do it. When we have a team with the pension package of ours, the weeks off are vital for recovery. Today, let's play a mix of the U21s and the fringe players and beat a probably weakened Norwich side.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: west kowloon white on January 14, 2014, 04:08:59 PM
Wow..prospect of winning it,corrupt referees ,terrible back room appointments,buy back Schwarzer....good lunchtime in the pub or wacky b...???

I got a few things off my chest today!  More to follow, watch this space...

epsomraver

Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 14, 2014, 04:16:31 PM

Cant wait for your riveting opinions, finished off the old message board so now you start on this one :dead horse: :dead horse:

Nick Bateman

Don't blame me for Ostrich Watch and his legion of nom de plumes.

Rupert

Quote from: epsomraver on January 14, 2014, 04:28:38 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 14, 2014, 04:16:31 PM

Cant wait for your riveting opinions, finished off the old message board so now you start on this one :dead horse: :dead horse:

I find him quite entertaining, to be honest, a bit like a thinking version of John Saunders.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.