Main Menu

Bent

Started by Humbled, January 14, 2014, 08:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humbled

Get in there son, that's why I keep defending you  :54:

5 goals - no pens  :hook:

Sgt Fulham

We're playing well so far and for some reason (not surprisingly) I feel a lot safer with Brede and Stek at the back. A few sloppy balls that we still need to cut out, but Bent is doing what we need to do so badly in the league - taking his chance.

Sgt Fulham

We look a lot more balanced and threatening without Berbatov up front in my opinion. I am a fan of Taarabt and lately he has seemed like our only threatening player. I would like to see Bent paired with someone like Gomis if Kahn gives us some funds.

St Eve

Kaca and Dejagah are giving us width. Brede and Stek are giving us stability.

Robbie

Total agree on Berbatov - time to call Time on that. I DO NOT understand why we are not starting with Kaca and Dejagah.  Pace and control. Young legs.

St Eve

Bring some youngsters on now

Humbled

Quote from: St Eve on January 14, 2014, 09:12:16 PM
Bring some youngsters on now

would like to see Dembele

ferndownwhite

Fuel to our point of view Hiumbled Darren Bent should start much more often with Kaca and Dejag giving us width with pace.............proper football

Humbled

Quote from: ferndownwhite on January 14, 2014, 09:15:30 PM
Fuel to our point of view Hiumbled Darren Bent should start much more often with Kaca and Dejag giving us width with pace.............proper football

agreed mate....
playing Bent has given us an nice attackers goal and also more importantly stretched the defence creating more space for the likes of Sidwell who has relished the added room in the middle of the park

Humbled

the only thing I will say against Arsenal you need someone that will hold the ball up and that is Bents weakest point. so its a difficult one going into the next game.

rockieroad

If he played well that just means fans should yell at him in front of his kids more often.  :Get Coat gif:

ferndownwhite

Good performance tonight from all concerned albeit against a poor Norwich side.....we can only beat what is put in front of us.  Not many changes for the Arsenal,,,,,,,,Scot Parker has to start instead of Karagounis, keep the wide players and see how it goes. Not expecting to get much but at least we can feel a bit better about ourselves. As for Sheffield Utd we can win up there as well.COYW.

btings

Bent scored a nice goal and worked hard when he dropped back, but I think he's physically past playing at this level.  He's way too slow.

Humbled

Quote from: rockieroad on January 14, 2014, 09:43:26 PM
If he played well that just means fans should yell at him in front of his kids more often.  :Get Coat gif:

hahahahaha

Pluto

Time for Berbatov to go. He slows everything down and makes us one dimensional. We need to get rid and play a poacher behind 3 pacey players who will run at defenses.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Humbled on January 14, 2014, 09:57:17 PM
Quote from: btings on January 14, 2014, 09:52:54 PM
Bent scored a nice goal and worked hard when he dropped back, but I think he's physically past playing at this level.  He's way too slow.

he walks faster than Berba runs.... Berba brings a lovely 1st touch which is enjoyable to watch however I like how we made the pitch bigger tonight with Bent pushed further up field.
as I said I don't think it will work against Arsenal cos he doesn't hold the ball up well enough but I would be happy to give him a go.
if we get beat and he doesn't get much of the ball I will be shocked if he doesn't get sh*t again though straight away...
I may even get another message about how his goals are pointless compared to Berba's

Haha what? A PM?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Humbled

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 14, 2014, 09:58:48 PM
Quote from: Humbled on January 14, 2014, 09:57:17 PM
Quote from: btings on January 14, 2014, 09:52:54 PM
Bent scored a nice goal and worked hard when he dropped back, but I think he's physically past playing at this level.  He's way too slow.

he walks faster than Berba runs.... Berba brings a lovely 1st touch which is enjoyable to watch however I like how we made the pitch bigger tonight with Bent pushed further up field.
as I said I don't think it will work against Arsenal cos he doesn't hold the ball up well enough but I would be happy to give him a go.
if we get beat and he doesn't get much of the ball I will be shocked if he doesn't get sh*t again though straight away...
I may even get another message about how his goals are pointless compared to Berba's

Haha what? A PM?

yes mate and also words to that effect on here.... was when I put up the minutes to goals for Berba and Bent in a thread lol