Main Menu

Why do I get this Fulhamish feeling..

Started by Vinnieffc, January 15, 2014, 03:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinnieffc

We're gonna win on Saturday ? A cheeky fiver on it's way to Ladbrokes  :yay:

Burt

I'll keep my money in my wallet...

I admire your optimism, but can't see anything apart from "nil points"...

Sorry  :dft011:

Admin

I'm a big believer in Fulham, but...

ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE

MrWhite

PokerMatt

I'll say it quietly, but the feeling is building in me too. Something about the Sunderland game made me think over the years we've often bounced back with results out of the blue.

Of course, if I'm betting on it it will be for an Arsenal win by 5+ goals...
Follow me: @mattdjourno

RaySmith

You never know - we could get something from this game, if we play the way we have been under Rene, but are tighter at the back.

Take them by surprise with an early goal, then hang on, and hit them on the break.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

You could be right.
If we score the first goal, who knows ?
Something we haven't done much of this season.
Look at the difference in confidence and relief after Bent scored and even more so after
Dejagah.
Have we been 2-0 up this season before ?

Quote from: RaySmith on January 15, 2014, 04:06:50 PM
You never know - we could get something from this game, if we play the way we have been under Rene, but are tighter at the back.

Take them by surprise with an early goal, then hang on, and hit them on the break.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Deanothefulhamfan

funnily enough I am so much more positive than saturday, but I still see us losing this game.... Just not by 4 as I first predicted.... 2-0 Arsenal imo

TheManOnTheBus

A good performance whilst losing but without being absolutely spanked is the best my head tells me we can hope for.  (But my heart believes we can win.)

MasterHaynes

I would normally be on the same thought process considering it possible on the back of a 3-0 win. I would expect fulham to get a freak result but I thought we rode our luck last night and generally far to easily pressured when in possesion by a poor side. the BBC stats Norwich still had more shots(14)than us, I don't expect Poldolski to be so wasteful. If we can get the team to replicate the performance we showed against Spurs and City then maybe...just maybe....

YankeeJim

With Hangers back, if we nick an early goal, maybe, just maybe.
Stand up if you still believe.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Andy S

No Chance. We almost went behind last night after 3 minutes and although we got the result they had their chances. Arsenal are a far better side than Norwich and unless Arse have an off day and we have one of our better days it really is a no go.

Barrie

Quote from: Vinnieffc on January 15, 2014, 03:17:14 PM
We're gonna win on Saturday ? A cheeky fiver on it's way to Ladbrokes  :yay:

Getting it changed into coins and putting it into the spastic society (sorry, I can't remember the new name!)  zigzaging collection pot would be a more enjoyable way to spend a fiver.

epsomraver

Quote from: Andy S on January 15, 2014, 07:00:19 PM
No Chance. We almost went behind last night after 3 minutes and although we got the result they had their chances. Arsenal are a far better side than Norwich and unless Arse have an off day and we have one of our better days it really is a no go.
:plus one: but stranger things have happened to Fulham

mungos beans

Haha love the optimism but I fear a 3-0 coming on

filham

We just don't do wins away to Arsenal, even when playing well.
Not a snowball's chance in hell.

BestOfBrede

I think we could get a draw, it's not impossible!
We play our best football against the better sides. Ie not the hustle & bustle, kick & run sides.

Although if for some lunatic reason we replace Stek, Dejagah, Kasami and Burn with the likes of Duff, Amorebieta, Kara and Stockdale then we may as well give up!

hovewhite

Best of I agree 100%.
Let's leave a winning team alone for once and see what happens.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: hovewhite on January 15, 2014, 09:34:39 PM
Best of I agree 100%.
Exactly, what have we to lose? Everyone (even our own) expect us to lose so let's go for it! I do though think he will use Berba and I'll understand if so - it's the others that need to retain their places.

Furby

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 15, 2014, 09:39:28 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on January 15, 2014, 09:34:39 PM
Best of I agree 100%.
Exactly, what have we to lose? Everyone (even our own) expect us to lose so let's go for it! I do though think he will use Berba and I'll understand if so - it's the others that need to retain their places.

No Parker for Kara in my opinion, then we'd have a chance of at least getting a point.

But I think Rene will revert to most of the losing side against Sunderland and it'll be the same outcome as that day.