watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Arsenal

Started by terryr, January 17, 2014, 01:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

At the risk of winding everyone up, here is the view from Arsenal. There is quite a bit more out there on the forums, but this about sums up sentiment
Hope we shock them, but alas I don't think we will

049:gif

"Ideally we thrash them before making a bid for Berbatov."

"  was told today that I'm going to this one. I'll be there. My first game of the season. GTFI. :oops:
Should be 90 mins of attack Vs defence, with NO LET UP in the second half. :D"

" Podolski has to start. When he's played out wide this season, he always produced.
Plus he hates Fulham"

" Rozza wont make this. If his nose isn't broken I'll be astounded"

" Fulham are terrible at the moment. The have an ageing squad full with overdue players from other teams. Parker, Bent, Berbatov, Sidwell, Senderos, Karagounis ...
I'd love it if we stick 4 or 5 past them.
The way media were hyping up Rene M. as he was the next coming of Rhinus Michels, Lobanovsky and Sacchi was cringeworthy. This proves that you may be a good coach but not so good as manager.
If Rosicky is out I hope Ramsey is back. Santi deserves to be dropped, but I don't think Wenger will do it, as he usually has good games at Emirates.
---------- Szczesny ---------
Sagna --- Mertesacker --- Koscielny --- Gibbs
----------- Flamini - Wilshere ----------
Gnabry (Ox) ----- Özil ----- Podolski
---------- Giroud --------

" I sick of hearing about our mentality and how we can grind out results. I want a complete demolition. Three points is not enough!"

"Reminds me of the City game at home to Palace or even a little closer to home Cardiff.... would much rather a solid 2-0 keeping everyone firmly rooted"

"Am I correct in saying that the last time we beat these f*ckers at home was in 2010? With Nasri bailing us out with two wonder goals?."

" I've predicted our last 5 scorelines correctly, and for this game my system is coming out with 3-1."

" I get nervous for the following match if we thump a minnow by a big margin.
I'll settle for a nice little 2-0 with Ramsey getting a sub appearance at the 70 minute mark"

"Lets hope we are clinical in front of goal, we need to get our goal difference up, people forget City won the league on Goal difference back in 2012. It could go down to the wire."

"Fulham at home is a game where Santi can re-discover his form, no use dropping him, try and remember that he's world class on his day.
I would go with;
--------Szczesny
Sagna---Mert--Kos--Gibbs
-----Arteta--Wilshere
Gnabry----Ozil----Cazorla
----------Giroud
Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Flamini, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ox, Poldi
Vastly talented team, we should pick Fulham a part, this is a game where we should be looking to improve our goal difference, would like to see us put at least 4 past them, in that vein I predict a 5-0 scoreline."

"Hope we score a few in this one - Fulham are the worst side in the league at this point, garbage defenders and struggle to score goals. Amorebieta has the honour of being the weaker player in a partnership with Phillippe Senderos, now that is something.
We need to convert dominance/control into comfortable wins. We've been the better side in all of our recent games, yet most weren't decided until the end. Mainly due to our attack which hinders us at times"
"Hangelaand is playing tonight in the cup so im guessing he'll feature against us. Berbatov is being rested, as are 2/3 other key players."

"Now that they got Uncle Fester within their ranks, do I become a bit weary of them.
Remember he was one of the masterminds behind Mourinho and their dominance over us in years gone by. He also spoke a good game when doing commentary/analysis.
We should still win, but not as easy as we think."

"Ray Wilkins was never part of the Chelsea set up under Jose Mourinho, your point still stands though as he worked with most of the guys post Mourinho."

"Ray Wilkins is a ******* moron."

"Never a truer word was spoken."

" His comments after Chelski beat us in the Capital One Cup still annoy me to this day, apparently their second team obliterated our first team :lol:.
Good luck having relegation on your CV as a staff member at Fulham Ray, you uncle Fester looking bellend."

" Hopefully this is the game that our forwards all click together finally and we demolish someone. Saying that Fulham are the best candidates for that, terrible lately and just played a game today with full squad so will be more tired then we are.
I'd go something like this...
Szczesny
Sagna Per Kos Gibbs
Ramsey/Flamini Wilshere
Gnabry Özil Poldi
Giroud
Santi to get a bit of rest, even though i wouldn't mind him at all, but just would like to see Poldi get one start on the left."

"its not gonna as easy as it looks, 2-0 or even 1-0 is probable too.
btw who's the ref???"

"Not the worst injury news in the world, I doubt any of Verms, Arteta and Rambo would've played against Coventry anyway, they will be fresh and ready to contribute in the business end of the season hopefully. Pleased to here Theo's surgery went well, a long road ahead but in the mean time he can become a student of the game, watch how we play and consider just how devastating he can be for us.
It's a good that with Rambo and Arteta out we can bring quality players like Flamini and Wilshere in, we have good depth in midfield. It's frustrating that Diaby is never available, he'd surely get game time and he's a handful when he's fit and in form.
I expect a big-ish win over Fulham, hull stuck 6 past them with consummate ease. We need to look to improve our goal difference in this one, Crystal Palace at home is soon after too."

Fulham are extremely poo, extremely old and extremely leaky. We should smash them, if we play professionally and not become lazy and sloppy as we did against Villa.
Injuries are mounting again, with Rosicky and Monreal probably out for the season on top of Diaby, Walcott and Sanogo. Hopefully Arteta, Ramsey and Vermaelen will be back though.
Szczesny
Sagna
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Gibbs
Flamini/Arteta
Wilshere
Cazorla/Ozil
Gnabry
Giroud
Podolski
2-0 (Giroud, Podolski).
Come on you Arsnil. "

" If Hull can put 6 past this lot then I'm pretty sure we can too.
But we'll probably blitz them early on and play the rest of the match on auto pilot.
3-0."

"  Fulham are roobish 3-0 easy. More game time for the ox."

" Next 5 games are against pub team filth so some easy points up for grabs.
5-0 "

"This has to be it. Yeah, you know that absolute pasting of a pub team I've been harping on about for however long, eh?

7-0"

"Fulham are sh*t, this will be a walk in the park, easy win"

" 17-0"

Sgt Fulham

Their fans are a bit full of themselves seeing as they haven't won a trophy in nearly 10 years. May that run continue!

madffc

"The way media were hyping up Rene M. as he was the next coming of Rhinus Michels, Lobanovsky and Sacchi was cringeworthy. This proves that you may be a good coach but not so good as manager."

jesus... been at fulham for 5 mins...

Northern Cottager

Every forum has some deluded muppets as we have found out since this took place. Half of this lot on here wont even know where the Emirates is or know the name of their old ground. I cant find any mention in English on Twitter about Fulham as they've got millions of Indonesians doing match previews, nightmare.

A cheeky 2-1 would be hilarious and watch them melt on TV like they did after Villa gave them a hiding.

Burt

"Amorebieta has the honour of being the weaker player in a partnership with Phillippe Senderos, now that is something".

:drums:

PokerMatt

Quote from: madffc on January 17, 2014, 01:41:12 PM
"The way media were hyping up Rene M. as he was the next coming of Rhinus Michels, Lobanovsky and Sacchi was cringeworthy. This proves that you may be a good coach but not so good as manager."

I was just about to quote this to question it. I'd like to see where he was hyped up as such. I've not seen it yet. The media rather seemed to think it was a gamble, I believe.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

horse1031

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 17, 2014, 02:13:09 PM

I was just about to quote this to question it. I'd like to see where he was hyped up as such. I've not seen it yet. The media rather seemed to think it was a gamble, I believe.

Whenever an Arsenal fan can take a direct or indirect dig at Man U they take the chance.  Rene was a Man U coach so there you have it.

If I was an Arsenal fan i would also think i would take Fulham to the woodshed.  I think we can show more than they think.  Don't concede early!

PokerMatt

Quote from: horse1031 on January 17, 2014, 02:17:40 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on January 17, 2014, 02:13:09 PM

Whenever an Arsenal fan can take a direct or indirect dig at Man U they take the chance.  Rene was a Man U coach so there you have it.

If I was an Arsenal fan i would also think i would take Fulham to the woodshed.  I think we can show more than they think.  Don't concede early!

I understand why they're having a dig, but just think it's funny how they can convince themselves of things that didn't actually happen.

Admin

We got beat by Arsenal 3-0 at home, when half their squad was missing, and they got turned over by Villa. I'm expecting another heavy, heavy defeat.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Admin on January 17, 2014, 02:43:52 PM
We got beat by Arsenal 3-0 at home, when half their squad was missing, and they got turned over by Villa. I'm expecting another heavy, heavy defeat.

3-1 I think.

I don't subscribe to the "they got beat by so and so" thing. Otherwise: we beat Villa 2-0, Arsenal only beat them 2-1, so we should win.

JDH101

This could be a cricket score tomorrow. Lets just hope for us its an England cricket score.

Julius Geezer

It's not a game where we should expect to get anything.

I'm not saying say we should just roll over.

But they are looking at this fixture as a must win.

They have the pressure and expectancy on them, not us.

Would be great to shut some of them up.

JIMMY D

I do believe it will be a cricket score :( . We have no tempo and don't attack. So how can you win??????

Northern Cottager

Quote from: JIMMY D on January 17, 2014, 07:45:43 PM
I do believe it will be a cricket score :( . We have no tempo and don't attack. So how can you win??????

We don't attack? Have you watched as ingle game since the Jol era?! We can't be guilty of not getting shots off, finishing them is a different story...

Julius Geezer

Bless them - they think they're going to win the league.

Big Martin Jol

Bloody hell, what happened to respecting your opposition? I like Arsenal but some of their fans are right bumholes.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Danitar

Not real fans anyway. Last season they wanted wenger this year they sign ozil and now they treat him like a god

Scrumpy

Smug little sods.

I emailed a Gooner Client today and said 'best of luck at the weekend. Here's hoping for a diplomatic draw! (I wish!)'

His reply? 'Yep, I'll try not to smile when I see you on Monday'.

No class, no humility. Just the fact that a defeat or draw has not even crossed his mind has really wound me up. Would love a sneaky draw!  049:gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

farfouille

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 17, 2014, 09:26:52 PM
Smug little sods.

I emailed a Gooner Client today and said 'best of luck at the weekend. Here's hoping for a diplomatic draw! (I wish!)'

His reply? 'Yep, I'll try not to smile when I see you on Monday'.

No class, no humility. Just the fact that a defeat or draw has not even crossed his mind has really wound me up. Would love a sneaky draw!  049:gif

Aaaah, now I want a draw even more... so you could LAUGH at him on Monday!

If we do loose, just tell him "at least we are not called Arse-anal!"
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

The Rock

The one thing is that we have beaten them once maybe twice in recent years, so if Hangeland and some like Burn were the CB's, maybe we'd have a chance.

But I fear it's going to be a complete slaughter. In the tipping comp I have us losing 4-0, and that might not even be enough.