watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First Fulham Game

Started by aussie_cottager, January 18, 2014, 01:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie_cottager

Hey guys, im new to the forum and im coming up from australia for the first time in 10 days to watch some games! Was wondering if anyone could help me on getting some player photos or signatures after the southampton game. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks guys!

RaySmith

When I was a kid in the 60s we used to stand outside  the Cottage after the match waiting for the players to emerge, then ask them to sign our photos, which we bought from the club, and got from magazines such as Charles Buchan's Football Monthly, and, in my case, from my dad who was a printer on a national newspaper, and would get me the original glossy photos of those that that went in the paper, which the players often wanted to buy - though i never sold them.

In your case - well the  club shop should have some photos I should think, but you might be best contacting the club and telling them about your visit, and they might  give you some stuff. I'm sure others on here  will be able to help more than me.

Good luck. I hope you enjoy your visit to England, and to the unique Craven Cottage, home of the  Football League's greatest club.

Holders

It is a unique place. Once you've been you'll understand why.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

copthornemike

Welcome Aussie - hope you have a great time and see a victory (not guaranteed I am afraid).

Get in touch with Tommy Guthrie (Supporter Relations) at the club well in advance - very helpful guy who I am sure will point you in the right direction.

After the match the players exit from the Cottage area / statue (away team first) - if you do not mind waiting an hour after the match many are willing to sign an autograph or pose for a photo.

fulhamborn and proud

Ray, I can remember those days so well, I just lived down the road from the Cottage and often hung around the gates during half term and with a bit of luck could slip in and watch the team train. Happy days

watfordwhite

I hope you really enjoy it. You could also try 3 hours before the match. The players come in via mini bus normally 3 hours before kickoff.   049:gif

aussie_cottager

Thanks guys much appreciated!

Southcoastffc

email [email protected] or tweet @sarahbrookes1  (Sarah is the Communications Director)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RaySmith

Quote from: fulhamborn and proud on January 18, 2014, 01:58:44 PM
Ray, I can remember those days so well, I just lived down the road from the Cottage and often hung around the gates during half term and with a bit of luck could slip in and watch the team train. Happy days

I  did the same during the school holidays-even though I had to travel   a fair way from south east London.

A vivid memory  is of when it was snowy, and we were allowed in to watch the players jogging round the pitch, when a couple of the team starting  throwing snowballs at us.

Also, remember always trying to get inside the Cottage gate before and after games, and being thrown out by stewards.

I remember crates of beer going into the Cottage before games, and many of the team  not emerging after games  for quite a long time afterwards.

Yes, happy days for sure!

Crita

I'm flying back to Sydney today after doing this exact thing for the last 4 weeks! You'll have a fantastic time, make sure you book a stadium tour of Craven Cottage, it was really a wonderful experience to get to see inside the Cottage itself, and the dressing rooms etc. Well worth it :-)

I managed to see the Norwich game on Boxing Day, West Ham on New Years Day and Sunderland. Stoked that I got to see 2 wins! (I'll just forget about the Sunderland result...)

As for signatures etc, I contacted the club via email and they were really helpful with everything.

Enjoy your trip - it's a very special place! (Nothing like it in Australia!)

Cheers,
Christian

K33NY

Quote from: Crita on January 19, 2014, 03:15:16 PM
I'm flying back to Sydney today after doing this exact thing for the last 4 weeks! You'll have a fantastic time, make sure you book a stadium tour of Craven Cottage, it was really a wonderful experience to get to see inside the Cottage itself, and the dressing rooms etc. Well worth it :-)

I managed to see the Norwich game on Boxing Day, West Ham on New Years Day and Sunderland. Stoked that I got to see 2 wins! (I'll just forget about the Sunderland result...)

As for signatures etc, I contacted the club via email and they were really helpful with everything.

Enjoy your trip - it's a very special place! (Nothing like it in Australia!)

Cheers,
Christian

You travelled to London for 4 week to see Fulham? :) How much did you pay for Hotells and all that stuff?

King_Crud

if you're in the Riverside hang around at the bar for a couple of pints, once they open the fence between the Riverside and the Putney stand you can then stand at the Cottage as the players come out. It's very easy to get a photo and a signature, and there's no one around (people generally wait outside the gate). I'm always amazed at how simple it is and that no one else seems to do it.