News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why sit back and change nothing when a goal behind?

Started by Drake44444, January 18, 2014, 04:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake44444

What is going to change if just keep sitting back after conceding?   Just conceding another goal.  I don't understand why when behind a goal they don't start closing down more.   Whats the point of allowing more of the same when behind?

SW6 Taarabt

Totally agree with you. Bring Taarabt on that's what I say

epsomraver

Quote from: SW6 Taarabt on January 18, 2014, 04:34:10 PM
Totally agree with you. Bring Taarabt on that's what I say

From where? not even on the bench

SW6 Taarabt

why is that then. He is the only one that can create

epsomraver

Quote from: SW6 Taarabt on January 18, 2014, 04:37:31 PM
why is that then. He is the only one that can create

you might think so I don't, he is too much for himself

SW6 Taarabt

well it seems our team today are really doing well without him

aaronmcguigan

Scrumpy

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. When we got it back to 1-2 against Sunderland last weekend, it was generally agreed that we went too 'gung ho' and conceded on the break, when we need not have.

This weekend, we've probably been a little more cautious (with good reason against Arsenal) and still get criticised.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 18, 2014, 05:05:50 PM
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. When we got it back to 1-2 against Sunderland last weekend, it was generally agreed that we went too 'gung ho' and conceded on the break, when we need not have.

This weekend, we've probably been a little more cautious (with good reason against Arsenal) and still get criticised.
Agree
:plus one:
We played well considering the opposition.
It gives us hope going forward - no shame today!

Blanco

I think we performed really well today. I was impressed with Burn. I think the only reason we didn't concede more was because of the solidity of him and Brede. Richardson played well as did Sidwell. I think Berbatov created great chances and as always brought the ball down really well. Kakaniclic and Dejagah were a big disappointment. And Bent, missing that chance at the end  :doh:

Even though we lost, It was a good showing. Shame Palace won  :dft007:

jarv

Today, you could have put your house on Arsenal. Gallant effort by the boys but Fulham were never in with a chance.

Count Berbatov

It was always going to be contra attack. Regardless of the scoreline
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Berserker

Take a game at a time otherwise insanity could occur
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

hesedmedia

Really feel Kasami on about the 55th minute for Dempsey would have changed the game. That's about when we had been pegged back in our own third for a few minutes, it was clear arsenal were going to get something out of the middle of the park, and dempsey was defensively absent where kasami would have at least served as another body to pick up their players streaking into the center off the wing or from deep.