watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kacaniklic

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, January 18, 2014, 06:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

Kacaniklic was for me horrific today. It was the worst I have seen him play for Fulham; constantly giving the ball away with poor passes, poor and weak crosses and horrific touches. What do you think?

Blanco

I agree. He played awful. This season I have felt that he has just not performed. His pace is great for getting down the line and putting it into the box. The problem is his finishing pass/shot. He always shows to much of the ball when facing defenders. That wonderful opportunity from Berbatovs pass is a perfect example.

Ordar

As I said in the match thread, he doesn't offer anything. He's not improved since he joined us. Literally the only thing he has going for him is pace. He's 23 in August, he's plateaued and I can't see him improving. He can't do any of the basic things that wingers younger than him can do.

He can't cross,
He rarely picks the right option, his decision making is sub par
He doesn't defend,
He can't beat a defender, ever
He doesn't create any chances
His first touch is horrendous,

I'm far from his biggest fan, but I genuinely think that Richardson, Mesca, Plumain and even Roberts would be more effective down that side

The Rock

Denver Fulham

He wasn't entirely awful. He kept putting himself in dangerous positions. His end product was total dross.

KP_FFC

he wasn't great BUT at least he put in a shift. he ran around unlike berba and dempsey so yes he played bad but im grateful he tried.

ToodlesMcToot

Riise/Richardson worked wonderfully well the one time we tried it. Why haven't we gone back?

At the very least that combination makes us more defensively sound on the left and we really lose nothing going forward.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Berserker

Sorry but it was Berber that got on my nerves today
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamben

from ruiz to senderous and now kaca. doesn't matter who we drop there will be another player next week ready to be scape goated. we have a very poor squad, and we don't have a big enough squad to replace all the players that are not doing it at the moment. drop kaca for the next game and then Dempsey will get it. followed by berba in the game after that and so on and so on till we are left with 3 defenders a keeper and a hell of a lot of under 18s. the only person better than kaca at left mid could arguably be taarabt. and I presume he was injured this week hence no squad place. Richardson is not better than anyone at anything. it amazes me how people forget how bad he is when a youngster is off form and they are just looking to replace with anyone. even the ones they are crying out to be replaced in this window
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Blanco

Quote from: Berserker on January 18, 2014, 07:37:13 PM

I think he did as much as he could. Most of the time there was no one around him and he didn't have many attacking options. The few times there were players around him he made great passes.

fulhamben

Quote from: Blanco on January 18, 2014, 07:44:17 PM

I think he did as much as he could. Most of the time there was no one around him and he didn't have many attacking options. The few times there were players around him he made great passes.
all boils down to our center mids inability to link defence to attack again. plus lets be honest arsenal are a good side
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Admin

Reminds me of a player we once had called Julian Hails. Those who knew of him, will know what I man.

Bill2

Quote from: Blanco on January 18, 2014, 06:56:35 PM
I agree. He played awful. This season I have felt that he has just not performed. His pace is great for getting down the line and putting it into the box. The problem is his finishing pass/shot. He always shows to much of the ball when facing defenders. That wonderful opportunity from Berbatovs pass is a perfect example.
I am sorry but cannot agree with this. I was at the game today in the Ars end exactly on the half way line above the tunnel. He did not have any pace today, he looked slow and everyone managed to get back to tackle him. His control was awful throughout the game, it was a great pass from Berba in the first half which he did not control and he didn't even get a shot away. I have thought he has been off the pace all season, which is a shame after the Swansea game last season.

simplyfulham

Quote from: fulhamben on January 18, 2014, 07:46:23 PM
Quote from: Blanco on January 18, 2014, 07:44:17 PM

all boils down to our center mids inability to link defence to attack again. plus lets be honest arsenal are a good side

Having sat in the Arsenal end today (clock end - high up right behind the goal) it gave a good perspective of the entire 'picture' of the game.

This is exactly the issue.  :54:  Good shout.

Sids and Parker aren't good enough to switch it quickly and often end up congesting the play when we try to play through them.

Flamini looked very good today. Tidied up nicely behind Ozil and Wilshere and cut off Dempsey for most of the game. Sids and Parker both want to play like him, you want one of them to push up the field and have confidence to receive the ball in high pressure situations - a bit like Wilshere does and a bit like Kaca tried to do today.

Can't have a go at the lad for attempting to the right things when he is getting better week in, week out.

Fulham_Surrey

what do you mean, Berba twice have great passes, and just Kaca poor touch.  Especially the chance that was going to be clear 1-1 against the goalie.  Such a bad touch.  That was a goal we missed.

Julius Geezer

Out of his depth today.

The boy is learning though, and getting better.

We need these young prospects around the club.

Rene is the type of coach to get the best out of him and develop him, so give it time, he will come good.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on January 18, 2014, 07:42:21 PM
from ruiz to senderous and now kaca. doesn't matter who we drop there will be another player next week ready to be scape goated. we have a very poor squad, and we don't have a big enough squad to replace all the players that are not doing it at the moment. drop kaca for the next game and then Dempsey will get it. followed by berba in the game after that and so on and so on till we are left with 3 defenders a keeper and a hell of a lot of under 18s. the only person better than kaca at left mid could arguably be taarabt. and I presume he was injured this week hence no squad place. Richardson is not better than anyone at anything. it amazes me how people forget how bad he is when a youngster is off form and they are just looking to replace with anyone. even the ones they are crying out to be replaced in this window

Sorry, but the one performance we got from Richardson at LM this season was as good as any we've got from any LM this season.

Kaca had a poor game today going forward. He squandered one or two of our best opportunities. I think that's fairly clear. Am I scapegoating him or anyone for this loss? No. We got beat by a better team. End of.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

PokerMatt

I think it's touch and go whether he'll make it at this level.

He was brilliant against Norwich and deserved another chance, but he was really poor today. So wasteful and back to not taking on his man.

For me, left wing is an area we have to improve on and quickly.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Enter the Frei

To be honest if the lad had a half decent final ball, we'd probably all be praising him today. Consistantly gets into the right positions and is actually a very intelligent winger it's just when his final ball isn't there he is incredibly wasteful when in good positions.

nose

kaka is jeykll and hyde

i love his energy, he wants to be involved he runs at defenders with the ball
AND
then he does such strange things, poor crosses, poor pass selection... his run to get berba's pass in the first half was an amzing effoort and then his heavy touch was inexplicable... i would let him keep his place a bit longer, try to harness his best qualities...