watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shearer out of order

Started by Andy S, January 19, 2014, 10:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

On match of the day last night when talking about us Shearer stated that nobody else has survived in the premier League that are on the same points tally as us at this stage. May I just say that there are three teams below us at this time who are all in a worse position

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Not that I would ever defend Sherahhhhhhh .............................
I thought he said ......................: no team that conceded the number of goals ( we have at this stage of the season ) have  survived.  

Max Headroom

We may have lost loads of games and conceded loads of goals, but we have a new defence and we are not in the bottom three.

Factually shearer may have been correct :)

filham

To have conceded 48 goals at this stage of the season is a clear indication of a relegation favourite and any pundit not spotting that fact would lose credibility. So Shearer is absolutely right, lets hope the introduction of Burn , the return of Hangeland and the signing of a proven left back can give us a respectable defence for the remaining games.

Baszab

Fact - since the inauguration of the so-called "Premier League" no team has stayed up after (i) losing 15 out of the first 22 games (ii) conceding so many goals in first 22 games

Everyone seems to be so prickly after hearing perceived criticism on the media but the fact remains we have lost FIFTEEN out of 22 games

David Allen Crankshaw

We have however won more games than six other teams in the league.

JBH

There is a chance that we will go down so its something you have to deal with. I know its hard to take for some of our younger suppoeters or those that jumped on the premiership bandwagon but its a situation a lot of us have been involved with after supporting FFC for a long period of time. So what will be will be we just have to deal with it if it happens 065.gif
COYW

Southcoastffc

Whatever he said, and I haven't yet watched MoTD, Shearer is an absolute plonker with all the charisma and intelligence of a doorknob.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

GrahamG

Why are people so sensitive about what gets said? We have been rubbish all season and are just fortunate that there are currently 3 teams below us (and they have each beaten us once this season). Somehow we've got to stop conceding bucket loads of goals and start picking up some points. That all happens on the pitch and nothing that Lawro, Shearer or anybody else outside the club says will have any influence at all.

Burt

Can't really argue with what he actually said, as he was right.

The fact of the matter is that we need to fix our sieve of a defence (Hangeland returning and Burn coming in is a step in the right direction).

Baszab

It is all very well saying "what will be will be" or "it is what it is" !!! - but it bloody well shouldn't be "what it is"

I have spent 50 years supporting FFC and I don't want to descend into oblivion again.

I also want the right to moan on this and other "forums" about the total lack of management from the CEO to, unfortunately, Mr AF's son, to Jol and others - right down to the management of the ticket office

I am sick of coming home every other Saturday after seeing them lose - I am sure they are trying to sign extra players - but for G'sake - get on with it before it's too late.

leonffc

He quoted a fact. And then said Fulham should take positives as we looked really organised defensively yesterday.

The Rock

Doesn't sound out of order, sounds accurate.

alfie

Quote from: Andy S on January 19, 2014, 10:26:09 AM
On match of the day last night when talking about us Shearer stated that nobody else has survived in the premier League that are on the same points tally as us at this stage. May I just say that there are three teams below us at this time who are all in a worse position

I thought it was Lineaker that said that, and even if he did why is he out of order stating a fact, like you, me and everyone else and regardless of whether you like them or not they are paid to give an opinion, just because you don't like it does not mean it's wrong.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

Quote from: Baszab on January 19, 2014, 12:19:08 PM
It is all very well saying "what will be will be" or "it is what it is" !!! - but it bloody well shouldn't be "what it is"

I have spent 50 years supporting FFC and I don't want to descend into oblivion again.

I also want the right to moan on this and other "forums" about the total lack of management from the CEO to, unfortunately, Mr AF's son, to Jol and others - right down to the management of the ticket office

I am sick of coming home every other Saturday after seeing them lose - I am sure they are trying to sign extra players - but for G'sake - get on with it before it's too late.

Go for it Bas,you've every right to vent!

bucksfulham

What was said was that no team losing as many games in the first 22 has survived. Points were not mentioned.

Lighthouse

Worthy of note is another fact.

Other than a newly promoted club. Which club has conceded more goals than any other at this point of the season since the Prem first began?

Yet so called experts think we will go down. The fools.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bill taylors apprentice

Well said!

K33NY

Your point is understandable, but as Renee mentioned on a interview other day, is that its january window, mid season, if a team wants to sell a player, they want as much as possible for him.

If more than one club is interested it is more than likely, negotiations will end during last days of the window. Unfortunate for us, but a true statement. We might overpay for a player who contributes little, and some players can be mentioned in Fulham history to this, most lately Ruiz!