watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Currently watching yesterday's game

Started by Bassey the warrior, January 19, 2014, 12:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Which, in case anyone like myself was unable to watch live due to work or any reason can see here:
http://www.matchhighlight.com/full-matches-review/premier-league-full-matches-review/arsenal-v-fulham-4/

About twenty minutes in and I felt compelled to comment on how good Burn looks. He's already made four good interceptions and some decent positive passes. I really can't believe how good he looks, he's exactly like Hangeland a few years ago. I'm sure he's due a dip in form at some point but I don't think it's too soon to say that this should be our centre back pairing from now on. We have to have to have to keep him here.

The Rock

I agree - for the first time this season we looked almost solid at the back. The team had little resemblence to ones with Amor/Senderos all around.

From the first few minutes of the first Norwich game, you could see the difference straight away.

I like Burn and think he'll stay and do very well with us, but it just goes to show how bad our CB's have been without him or Hangeland.

WolverineFFC

Burn will make mistakes, but this is the pairing. He is a little more nimble than I expected which is a nice plus for his height.

First CB pairing in awhile which hasn't made me nervous every time the opposition possess the ball in the final third. They worked well together and remained very composed, even in the 10 minute spell yesterday where the game was lost. Can't say that about other recent pairings.

Admin

I think it's important to stick with Dan Burn to prove that we can bleed in the youth, but obviously not at the expense of losing our Premiership status. Arsenal was always going to be a tricky game for the lad, especially up against world class players, but these next 2 games against Swansea and Southampton  will prove his worth.   

Holders

It was brave of Rene to play him against Arsenal and I'm glad it came off. The pairing can only get better as they play more together. This will have given him real confidence.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

Great to see Burn (Son Of Brede) in the team, lets hope his form continues and Hangeland and Burn stay there for the rest of this season at least. This could be such a big factor in us avoiding relegation.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Admin on January 19, 2014, 01:34:12 PM
I think it's important to stick with Dan Burn to prove that we can bleed in the youth, but obviously not at the expense of losing our Premiership status. Arsenal was always going to be a tricky game for the lad, especially up against world class players, but these next 2 games against Swansea and Southampton  will prove his worth.   

Spot on. We've seen other young's come in, look good at first and then 'not so much' after the league has seen them play and has film on the player.

Crossing fingers that Burn can cross the chasm to the Premier league. It will bode well for our overall program.

Big Martin Jol

Burn will get few tests as stern as that he faced at the Emirates, and as he gathers more experience he will deal with them better and better.

I hope Rene sticks by him.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on January 19, 2014, 05:27:14 PM
Burn will get few tests as stern as that he faced at the Emirates, and as he gathers more experience he will deal with them better and better.

I hope Rene sticks by him.

The true test will be the second time around. By that I mean, Premiership players will take his measure and attack him differently. How he adjusts will tell if he has what it takes. I feel that he will do well.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.