watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Three teams worse than us.

Started by The Swan, January 20, 2014, 09:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

At the moment there are three teams worse than us. Of the other teams in the lower half how many teams are worse than us.
The Swan

Bryanthebroom

Looking at our goal difference Id have to say there really aren't 3 teams worse than us. But we do thank god have the potential to get better and get out of this. I can't help but think the next few days in Jan will be crucial - everybody needs the lift that a few good signings will give us. Its not over yet. COYW.

Admin

Have to agree, sadly none. At this moment in time, the others seem to grinding out results, or at least draws. We've done nothing to warrant staying up above anyone, yet.

Bassey the warrior

I sadly agree with Admin. There's a feeling of Wigan about us, plenty of good performances (and some woeful ones) but very little to show for it. Hopefully we'll not end up the same way they did last season.

ScalleysDad

We wave goodbye to the top eight, there is quite a gap already, and hope that they consistently beat the teams at 9 downwards. That will include us and up against it for February and bits of March but I cannot see us putting a run of wins together, a couple of saviours being signed up or the gang of three having a fixed team and game plan in place. In answer to the question I hope there are three teams worse than us come mid May.

St Eve

There are plenty of teams worse than us. A couple of wins changes everything. The next 2 games are very winnable.

Max Headroom

Disgustingly negative..... We have a new defence and just lost to the best team in the league.

We will be ok. West ham are worse, norwich are worse, but we are improving..... We were sooooo appalling a few months ago I remember thinking it was a miracle we weren't well adrift.

Swansea away is winnable. They have won twice at home in the past 15..... Our away form is better.

Admin

Quote from: St Eve on January 20, 2014, 10:43:43 PM
There are plenty of teams worse than us. A couple of wins changes everything. The next 2 games are very winnable.

Fail to get a result at result at Swansea, or even at home to Southampton, and honestly feel, hand on heart, it's curtains for us. I will then accept, for the first time, that we're really not good enough to beat the drop. I hope, for the love of god, I'm proved wrong.

Brede Butter Pudding

I seriously don't get the negativity on here. Obviously it's been a rubbish season so far, and yes we've underperformed, but by the sounds of it everyone has given up the fight before it has begun, and it's exhausting reading the same old dreary and defeatist posts that seem to reckon we have already sealed our fate. We have a number of reasons to be positive:

- Our new defensive partnership of Burn and Hangeland is like having two new signings, as is Stek back in goal - we look more composed.
- We are not adrift - in fact, at this moment in time we are not in the relegation zone. The fact that we are not adrift is hugely significant. There is a gap of 5 points between Cardiff who are bottom and Hull who are 11th. A lot can change in a very quick space of time, and a couple of wins can catapult us up the table.
- While on the pitch we are struggling, we are certainly not the only ones. I would suggest that Cardiff, West Brom, West Ham, Sunderland, Palace, Swansea, Norwich and Stoke are all in similar situations to us - not playing particualrly well (possibly excluding Sunderland and Palace who are improving), and in particular Swansea, West Brom, West Ham and Norwich look very average.
- Rene has got the team playing with more belief and a better structure - he is certainly getting his way of playing across to the players which can only benefit us.

I understand people's negativity, but let's not give up before it's over. If we get nothing from the next two games, which will both be tough, it will still not be over. We have to keep believing because otherwise what's the point? Let's have some faith and get behind the team, rather than conceding defeat before we've kicked off. You never know, the last week of the window could see a couple of players coming in who can change our season around. After all, we are notorious for leaving our business late and doing it under the radar.

COYW

alfie

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on January 21, 2014, 12:14:29 AM
I seriously don't get the negativity on here. Obviously it's been a rubbish season so far, and yes we've underperformed, but by the sounds of it everyone has given up the fight before it has begun, and it's exhausting reading the same old dreary and defeatist posts that seem to reckon we have already sealed our fate. We have a number of reasons to be positive:

- Our new defensive partnership of Burn and Hangeland is like having two new signings, as is Stek back in goal - we look more composed.
- We are not adrift - in fact, at this moment in time we are not in the relegation zone. The fact that we are not adrift is hugely significant. There is a gap of 5 points between Cardiff who are bottom and Hull who are 11th. A lot can change in a very quick space of time, and a couple of wins can catapult us up the table.
- While on the pitch we are struggling, we are certainly not the only ones. I would suggest that Cardiff, West Brom, West Ham, Sunderland, Palace, Swansea, Norwich and Stoke are all in similar situations to us - not playing particualrly well (possibly excluding Sunderland and Palace who are improving), and in particular Swansea, West Brom, West Ham and Norwich look very average.
- Rene has got the team playing with more belief and a better structure - he is certainly getting his way of playing across to the players which can only benefit us.

I understand people's negativity, but let's not give up before it's over. If we get nothing from the next two games, which will both be tough, it will still not be over. We have to keep believing because otherwise what's the point? Let's have some faith and get behind the team, rather than conceding defeat before we've kicked off. You never know, the last week of the window could see a couple of players coming in who can change our season around. After all, we are notorious for leaving our business late and doing it under the radar.

COYW

I think i remember the same sort of thing on here last season when we were getting comments  "we are down" and low and behold we stayed up, never give up until the maths tell us otherwise.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Agree with Brede Butter and Alfie.

We have good reason to be positive under the new regime, and it's still all to play for.

We can play a part as fans by continuing to get right behind the team.

JackyFulham90

Cardiff, West Ham & Sunderland are worse than us as they have less points than we do

MiltonBurrows

Palace are worse than us, probably norwich as well if Hooper stops scoring. But apart from those 2 i do think we are in trouble if we don't sign some real quality in this window. Its gunna be a massive brawl down there this season, and we need to start landing the first punches in this transfer window.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

cottage cheese

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 21, 2014, 10:19:36 AM
Cardiff, West Ham & Sunderland are worse than us as they have less points than we do

Yet all three teams embarrassed us this season. We just beat Sunderland away and they smashed us at home. Cardiff turned us over at home and West ham without any fit strikers smashed 3 past us and had it not been for Stockdales amazing save against Nolan who knows how that game would have turned out/not having the red card as well.

They really are not worse off than us and dont get me started on our goal difference. We are really in trouble.

Twig

The question did not ask, how positive are we looking forward, it was "how many teams are there worse than us"? Given current form based on; points, goal difference, results against the other weak teams, it is not unreasonable to answer that we are very near the bottom of the pile.  That emphatically does not mean that we have given up, or are disgustingly negative because that is a different point - it concerns our attitude to the future.

My view woule be that on our record to date we are still one of the weakest teams in the prem but that we now have the potential to improve faster than our competitors in the relegation battle and that gives me hope that we will avoid the drop.

Adi-ffc

Come on guys, we have a lot of the dross still to come to the Cottage and we are improving.

36 points might well be enough and I back us to get to that mark, even if we lose to swansea.

west ham, norwich, palace, Cardiff, even villa on their day are all worse than us. West Brom and Sunderland are no better IMO.

Keep the faith

Julius Geezer

David Allen Crankshaw

When we escaped relegation not that long ago I think we managed it on goal difference. I hope that isn't a factor this season.

Barrie

There are not three teams worse than us at the moment, IMHO.  Maybe that will change, and maybe there is some reason for optimism, but at the moment, that is how I see it.   I must admit, unless we make some shrewd signings in this window, I fear we'll drop.