watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we do end up in the championship...

Started by General, January 20, 2014, 10:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

What would people's views be on putting a vat majority of the U21's and some talented U18's into our first team..? Do you think their experience with one another would work in our favour, or do you think they would be out of their depth?

Burn has done well... Do you think the others have that ability?

davew

At the moment probably not a good time to experiment, if it happens that it is inevitable that we will be going down, that's the time to experiment!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ScalleysDad

I'll still go.
The Club will of course have to keep the core of the young guns, which might be tricky, and build the team again. I suspect the likes of Parker, Sidwell and Hangaland will stay unless they go abroad or to one of the promoted Clubs so we will have a core, the long awaited youth structure in action and most importantly the opportunity to compete. The world will go on.

davew

Agreed, but we all still be moaning about something!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Admin

I will still go if we get relegated, I won't be happy about it, because I honestly feel that if we lose our Premiership status, it will solely down to the club and the way it's been run. I think relegation could have been avoided IF the cub had pulled it's finger out, stopped being skinflints, and invested when we desperately needed it.

YankeeJim

Why don't we just continue to blood the kids, stay up and dump some of the old farts come summer?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

The Rock

Quote from: Admin on January 20, 2014, 11:33:51 PM
I will still go if we get relegated, I won't be happy about it, because I honestly feel that if we lose our Premiership status, it will solely down to the club and the way it's been run. I think relegation could have been avoided IF the cub had pulled it's finger out, stopped being skinflints, and invested when we desperately needed it.

I will always go, but agreed. It would be a sad to see. I find it very difficult to believe that our new Yank owner wouldn't spend anything in the transfer window, let us go down, and aspire to own a Championship team when he could do so much better. Time will tell.

epsomraver

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 21, 2014, 01:35:05 AM
Why don't we just continue to blood the kids, stay up and dump some of the old farts come summer?

And who are these old farts in your humble opinion?

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on January 21, 2014, 09:09:21 AM

Karagounis, Duff, Hughes, Senderos and Berbatov to name a few.

Berserker

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 21, 2014, 09:13:49 AM

I like all of them apart from the last one
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Big Martin Jol

That's one of the reasons why relegation - whilst very unwelcome - doesn't seem to be the end of the world. We've got this incredible youth academy and if we end up in the second tier we'll be able to deploy them en masse rather than loan them out to lower divisions.

It would be a real opportunity to start again and build a young, effective first team.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

ron

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on January 21, 2014, 09:24:09 AM
That's one of the reasons why relegation - whilst very unwelcome - doesn't seem to be the end of the world. We've got this incredible youth academy and if we end up in the second tier we'll be able to deploy them en masse rather than loan them out to lower divisions.

It would be a real opportunity to start again and build a young, effective first team.

..just like the one we had in 1968.....

..........and again in 1969.........

Julius Geezer

If we go down, I'm not sure we'd be able to keep hold of our brightest prospects.

JackyFulham90

I don't think we will go down but if we did I would imagine these players would be off

Stekelenburg, Riether, Hangeland, Riise, Parker, Tankovic, Dejagah, Bent, Berbatov, Taarabt, Rodallega, Kasami

They could all easily go abroad or play for newly promoted clubs leaving us with a side like

Etheridge
Donnelly Hughes Burn Briggs
Mesca  Christensen Sidwell Kacaniklic
                           David
                            Dembele

Like I said I genuinely believe we will stay up but if we did go down there would undoubtedly be a huge turnover in players

FFC1987

Quote from: Berserker on January 21, 2014, 09:16:43 AM

I like all of them apart from the last one

So did I but all are really heading past it now.

cottage cheese

I actually dont fear being relegated. I have not enjoyed going to watch us for about a year really now and the only reason why I go is that I shelled out over £700 quid for a ticket! Its a sad thing to say but its the truth.

With all the youngsters that we have maybe blooding in them in a really exciting championship campaign (providing we push for promotion/get promoted) is not such a bad thing for me. I have supported this club from the dark days and whatever league we play in I will always go to watch with the same passion and commitment.

I guess what I am saying is that I am bored well and truly of the same thing year after year. Someone did say once insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results.  :54:

Julius Geezer

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 21, 2014, 10:35:53 AM
I don't think we will go down but if we did I would imagine these players would be off

Stekelenburg, Riether, Hangeland, Riise, Parker, Tankovic, Dejagah, Bent, Berbatov, Taarabt, Rodallega, Kasami

They could all easily go abroad or play for newly promoted clubs leaving us with a side like

Etheridge
Donnelly Hughes Burn Briggs
Mesca  Christensen Sidwell Kacaniklic
                           David
                            Dembele

Like I said I genuinely believe we will stay up but if we did go down there would undoubtedly be a huge turnover in players

Don't think it would be as drastic as that.

We would have to reduce the wage bill but it would also be a blessing in disguise.

Let Riise, Berbatov, Duff, Hughes, Karagounis Taarabt and Bent go and the rest we could probably retain.

epsomraver

Quote from: cottage cheese on January 21, 2014, 11:00:04 AM
I actually dont fear being relegated. I have not enjoyed going to watch us for about a year really now and the only reason why I go is that I shelled out over £700 quid for a ticket! Its a sad thing to say but its the truth.

With all the youngsters that we have maybe blooding in them in a really exciting championship campaign (providing we push for promotion/get promoted) is not such a bad thing for me. I have supported this club from the dark days and whatever league we play in I will always go to watch with the same passion and commitment.

I guess what I am saying is that I am bored well and truly of the same thing year after year. Someone did say once insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results.  :54:

:plus one:

epsomraver

Are you yankee Jim's spokesman? I would like to know who he is referring to?

Lighthouse

If we go down our better youngsters will be gone anyway. Which was always my argument when people claimed we could survive by waiting for the kids. The better ones will be poached and make us money to buy ye olde players and remain sustainable.

It may be boring in the Prem but once we start to slide we will remember it took a miracle and a millionaire to make the Prem dream possible. Throwing it all away because the people running the club shot themselves in their sustainable foot would be heart breaking. What would be the point of doing well in the Championship if we find the Prem so dull? It would be the beginning of the end of Fulham. The Cottage would be sold and we would end up sharing a ground.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope