Main Menu

The Next Two Matches

Started by filham, January 19, 2014, 04:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

2 wins coming up... you heard it here first

epsomraver

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 20, 2014, 10:16:41 AM
That's a good point Danitar, but did we not beat west ham after resting players in the away cup game at Norwich?

No we did not, the West ham game was before the Norwich away game in the cup, Sunderland was a result of resting players at Norwich as already stated.

epsomraver

Quote from: beijing ben on January 20, 2014, 12:43:39 PM
Quote from: Walsh on January 20, 2014, 04:58:06 AM
Quote from: beijing ben on January 20, 2014, 04:03:15 AM
We must go with a reserve side for the game with Sheffield United. It really doesn't matter. For me, if we want to beat Swansea, and we don't sign anyone before the game, Karagounis is essential..

Stockdale
Zverotic  Hughes  Amorebieta  Riise
             David  Boateng
      Duff  Taraabt  Kacaniklic
                Rodellega

Subs: Joronen, Sidwell, Senderos, Christensen, Plumain, Dembele, Tankovic

Id have Sidwell on the bench because id want to start Karagounis against Swansea and if we were struggling against Sheffield United he could come on. Not sure what is going on with Boateng but if he is available i think he would suit a game like that. Also, not sure what is going on with Taraabt but i wouldnt start him against Swansea anyway so if he is available he should play. Kacaniklic is a squad player at best. This would be a chance for him to prove that he does have something to offer.

Team for Swansea:

Stekelenberg
Reither  Burn  Hangeland  Richardson
          Parker  Karagounis
    Dejagah  Kasami  Dempsey
              Berbatov

Subs: Stockdale, Bent, Sidwell, Hughes, Amorebieta, Taraabt, Christensen

The team against Sheffield United should be good enough. It gives those players a chance to prove that they can contribute something before the window closes... The priority must be the Swansea game...

Spot on apart from Berbatov starting against Swansea, I am done with him. He did 1 good pass against Arsenal, other than that he was no existent, if we want to stay up he has to go.

I agree in general about Berbatov but have to say i thought he was excellent against Arsenal. I know the general consensus was that we did well against Arsenal but i found it extremely frustrating and we had lots of opportunities to create a goal but none of the fault lies with Berbatov. That pass you are talking about, and the control that preceded it, was outstanding. He also played his part in a number of good moves that we had. If the ball did find its way to him, he did something good with it. If we could get a decent creative midfielder that could link up with Berbatov i think we will see more consistency in his play but i do understand your overrall frustration. As it stands though, he definitely has to start against Swansea for me..

How can you say that?, he was terrible again, soon as he goes to be Levy's Booby purchase the better, £ 80K a week for that!!! :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse:

Berserker

I was surprised by commentators opinion was so high of Berbertov against Arsenal. When I was at the match alot of people were moaning about him in the second half, me included. Mind you saying that I couldn't see the other end of the pitch very well, but he didn't seem to be putting alot of effort in at the end I could see.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Careful Mrs B the fact you were there does not give you the right to say otherwise :005:

Jack Fulham

Last time we had 2 games in a short amount of time, we lost the 2nd game 6-0 to Hull.

beijing ben

Quote from: epsomraver on January 21, 2014, 09:47:55 AM
Careful Mrs B the fact you were there does not give you the right to say otherwise :005:

Without wanting to reopen the can of worms, my opinion is that you must be at the game to give the best judgement, so if you were both there and say he was no good then i take your word for it. From watching the game on tv i thought he put in more effort than usual and did some really good stuff when he actually got the ball. You can't blame him for getting frustrated with Kacaniklic after that sublime control and pass. He kept his anger with his own players under control relatively well considering, but i will concede to you if you saw it otherwise from where you were...