watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My Favourite Fulham strike force...

Started by JackyFulham90, January 21, 2014, 05:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Obviously the last few years it's been Ruiz/Berbatov.
I have to admit the Gera/Zamora partnership was a great one as was Saga/Hayles but my favourite has to be McBride & Helguson, maybe they weren't the highest quality of players but they certainly put there all in to wearing the white shirt, what a shame we don't have them now to get us out of trouble.

Rhys Lightning 63

I don't know who you are Jacky, but I like you.

Brian and Heider are my favourite strikeforce too. Would give ANYTHING to have them back up top tomorrow
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

The Equalizer

Saha/Bayles all day long.

Or perhaps Ivor and whoever else was standing next to him at the time.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Peabody

BestOfBrede

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 21, 2014, 06:19:55 PM
Saha/Bayles all day long.

Or perhaps Ivor and whoever else was standing next to him at the time.
Twas Dixie Dean Coney!

e4b

Tonywa

Chris Guthrie and Peter Kitchen.....on second thoughts ;-)

Holders

Quote from: Tonywa on January 21, 2014, 07:01:38 PM
Chris Guthrie and Peter Kitchen…..on second thoughts ;-)

You must mean John Beck!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

spikey norman

When I first started watching Fulham it was Leggat,Clarke and Barrett but I did enjoy Hayles,Saha and Boa Morte - part of a great team which scored 90 goals in 2000-1

jarv

bog

I'll second Robson, Jezzard, Haynes. One I never saw play Ronnie Rooke but wish I had.

092.gif   

Holders

Barrett, Conway and Halom (never rated Earle)
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MOR :

Conway, Busby, Mitchell & Barrett...

Saha, Hayles & Boa Morte...

Hersham Henry

Many of our readers must be quite young as the only recent or current players that would have a chance of selection for our best strike force or team are Parker, Murphy, Hangeland, Saha and Barbatov but having followed the club since the late 1950's, Hangeland is the only one I would include and that is marginal.

When you think that our forward line would include George Best and Johnny Haynes as automatic selections with Bedford Jezzard, Allan Clarke, Malcolm Macdonald and Rodney Marsh competing for the other places.

The midfield of Bobby Robson, Bobby Moore and Alan Mullery is as good a midfield as any club could provide.

With the above attacking talent at our disposal a back three of George Cohen, Brede Hangeland and Jim Langley with Van der Sar in goal just getting the nod in goal should see us win the majority of our matches.

We had some great players in the late 50's, the 60's and part of the 70's, far more accomplished than current players but unfortunately not enough of them gelling at the same time.

e4b

kevin

ron

Quote from: Peabody on January 21, 2014, 06:33:44 PM
Robson, Jezzard and Haynes. No contest

..and then maybe Marsh, Cook and Haynes...we still had Bobby(after a WBA stint), because by then he'd dropped back to Right Half..about 1963 ish....even the playing positions sound antique nowadays !

P.S.  I love that archive photo of  R, J and H relaxing on the terraces after training that comes around now and again. We always wonder what they would cost as a job lot in today's transfer windows !