watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Update on Defour

Started by jimmyc19, January 21, 2014, 06:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyc19

According to Sky sports news, Alistair mackintosh met with the players agent last night, and that Fulham are just waiting to hear from Porto whether they are willing to sell permanently now, or whether a loan with a view to a permanent move if we stay up. Things are looking promising, and he's keeping Dembele out of the Belgium team!!

ElissonSnygg

Defour agent: "I think tomorrow night or the next day there could be important news."
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Bryanthebroom

Has to be the alternative to Morrison. Hopefully we buy defour then get Ravel on the cheap on the last day of the window too!

JackyFulham90

I reckon Defour will join on loan with an option to buy, Morrison for £8m late in the window

Luffy86

It would be amazing if we could pull this off!! He is quality!!!

horse1031

i have not watched him enough to have an opinion.  seems like he has the pedigree but how good is he??!

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: horse1031 on January 21, 2014, 07:31:44 PM
i have not watched him enough to have an opinion.  seems like he has the pedigree but how good is he??!

Obviously don't read TOO much into this, but he quite often keeps Dembele out of the Belgian national team.

hovewhite

Any news is a positive I suppose if and when they get here and show more than promise.
I e bryan ruiz.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on January 21, 2014, 07:35:54 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on January 21, 2014, 07:31:44 PM

Obviously don't read TOO much into this, but he quite often keeps Dembele out of the Belgian national team.

I'm often guilty of reading too much into signings and getting all excited just to be disappointed when they go elsewhere. Please not this time!

hovewhite

Signings like this don't happen at fulham anymore so I'm with you on that bro.

Pluto

This needs to be a permanent!

jmh

I found myself asking: why would Porto be selling a talented player like Defour?  And why would the player want to leave Porto (the three-time defending league winners in Portugal, currently in 3rd and in the Europa League knockout round) for Fulham?  Turns out the answer, as with Michael Bradley, is: first team football ahead of the World Cup this summer.  Defour hasn't played in a league match since December 7th, only some cup action against lower-level opposition, and in the past couple hasn't even appeared off the bench when players in his position have been substituted.  Happy to be the beneficiaries if this happens.

Danitar

I am praying this comes through. I just hope that no other club come underneath us and take him. It sounds like we've have put a lot of effort into this one. COYW

Toby Ward-Smith

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9127496/transfer-news-porto-to-decide-on-steven-defour

Sounds like he is definitely going to leave but hasn't decided whether it will be permanent or loan, or who he is going to.

Ordar

Hope we tie this up quickly. For 6.5m has to be permanent. Chances are he'll have a blinding World Cup and his price will treble

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on January 21, 2014, 09:06:52 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9127496/transfer-news-porto-to-decide-on-steven-defour

Sounds like he is definitely going to leave but hasn't decided whether it will be permanent or loan, or who he is going to.
Well that report suggests Villa and we only have shown interest.
Oh well that's probably that then!

westcliff white

Sounds like power to want a bidding war.

Anderlecht have certainly made an offer to,loan him, and his agent has spoken to them. That was last week most Anderlcht fans thought it was a done deal.
Every day is a Fulham day

TWFL

Latest reports are that a fee and medical are the only things in the way now. So obviously wants to come.

Danitar

I know we have some Belgian followers on this forum so I was just wondering whether you have heard anything different to what's been said over here

westcliff white

AsI said danitar, Anderlecht fans believed the deal was done for him to join them on loan. Here it is reported we are offering a permanent 4.5 year deal, so it's just down to Porto to decide.

Had to get some guys in the office to translate the Dutch info as I am not to good at Dutch.
Every day is a Fulham day