News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham make new bid for Liam Moore, plus bid for team-mate.

Started by FPT, January 22, 2014, 01:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

"We're hearing reports that Fulham have made a fresh bid for Leicester City defender Liam Moore and have also made an offer for his team-mate Jeffrey Schlupp."

From Sky Sports' transfer centre.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: FPT on January 22, 2014, 01:30:19 PM
"We're hearing reports that Fulham have made a fresh bid for Leicester City defender Liam Moore and have also made an offer for his team-mate Jeffrey Schlupp."

From Sky Sports' transfer centre.

Striker turned left back? Could be handy!

JackyFulham90

My mate who is a Brentford fan (who loaned Moore) says Moore is average & that we would be better off sticking with Dan Burn

FPT

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 22, 2014, 01:53:37 PM
My mate who is a Brentford fan (who loaned Moore) says Moore is average & that we would be better off sticking with Dan Burn

Fair play, but sometimes loans don't work out. See Nathaniel Chalobah at Nottingham Forest, he was awful and rarely played.

Also, if he was average, I'm fairly certain he wouldn't be starting every game at 20 years old for the team at the top of the Championship. No disrespect to your mate, but perhaps worth a thought.

JackyFulham90

Quote from: FPT on January 22, 2014, 01:58:38 PM

Fair play, but sometimes loans don't work out. See Nathaniel Chalobah at Nottingham Forest, he was awful and rarely played.

Also, if he was average, I'm fairly certain he wouldn't be starting every game at 20 years old for the team at the top of the Championship. No disrespect to your mate, but perhaps worth a thought.

I agree with you, he has clearly been doing well for Leicester, whenever I have seen him he has looked a good prospect, I asked my mate at the weekend he wasn't too impressed with Moore but I would be happy with this signing, a young talent who can only improve

Julius Geezer

I used to think Smalling was very average at Fulham.

With the right coaching he developed into a better player.

Moore would be an excellent signing - future England defender I'm sure.

Riverside

Quote from: Julius Geezer on January 22, 2014, 03:07:12 PM

I used to think Smalling was very average at Fulham.

With the right coaching he developed into a better player.

Moore would be an excellent signing - future England defender I'm sure.

I still think Smalling looks average
He is in the England squad because he plays ( on and off ) for Man U

Moore I have not seen so make no comment

..Kya.ffc..

No disrespect to Senderos and partly Hughes, but would rather have Moore as backup than any of the two.

Senderos should find ground on a bit lower level and Hughes have a good 6 months left on top level I reckon.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

JBH

Ordar

If we want him, just put a proper bid in. Constantly putting in derisory bids for players is pointless

Furby

Quote from: Ordar on January 22, 2014, 09:04:22 PM
If we want him, just put a proper bid in. Constantly putting in derisory bids for players is pointless

If they turn it down every time it could get the player to put in a transfer request. Especially if Leicester aren't relaying the information to Moore regarding the offer. (if rumours are to be correct)

Admin

They've already said he isn't for sale, can't see why we've gone back in again.

MasterHaynes

we have an absolute host of defenders coming through over the next year and a half that have real quality, Grimmer and Arthurworrey are now out on loan, Donnelly who still is in the U18 is looking good filling in for these two in the U21's, also, Kit played Passeley in central defense for the U18 and was outstanding, read the game well and has real pace.
Unless this kid is a real stand out talent and can compete straight away for a spot in the first team I can't see a compelling reason to sign him at this time as we have Hangeland, Burn , Hughes as central defensive cover

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MasterHaynes on January 22, 2014, 09:19:57 PM
we have an absolute host of defenders coming through over the next year and a half that have real quality, Grimmer and Arthurworrey are now out on loan, Donnelly who still is in the U18 is looking good filling in for these two in the U21's, also, Kit played Passeley in central defense for the U18 and was outstanding, read the game well and has real pace.
Unless this kid is a real stand out talent and can compete straight away for a spot in the first team I can't see a compelling reason to sign him at this time as we have Hangeland, Burn , Hughes as central defensive cover

Well, Moore being in the Championship puts him at least a year ahead in his development over Grimmer and Arthurworrey, no? Both of our players are competing in League 1 and are out on their first loan assignments (believe that's correct).

I'm not saying that they can't develop more quickly than, say, Burn, but the odds are against it.

Perhaps we aren't willing or able to wait that out, with Amorebieta and Senderos proving outing after outing that they just aren't weekly starting options. It's quite obvious that the coaching staff no longer believe that Hughes is capable week to week and Brede's age may have begun showing itself.

We may just be ready to invest in a long term option who's ready to jump up and who may be able to cover the time it takes for the younger options to develop while he plays. We may also see a profit in him while we wait on players like Arthurworrey and Grimmer.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude