watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Too much chopping and changing!!

Started by SW6 Taarabt, January 26, 2014, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SW6 Taarabt

Rene needs to have a core team of 11 players who can build some understanding of how to play together. Did not recognise the team today and why did Taraabt not start. I know he gave the ball away a few times but he did create chances and nearly scored and when he came on. We played much better going forward when Taarabt came on.

Berserker

Because we have a more important match on Tuesday. Rene was being wise
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

PokerMatt

And if he put out the first team today only for us to get battered at Swansea, the thread would be "WHY DO WE PLAY THE SAME XI IN GAMES TWO DAYS APART?!!"

We got a replay with a 2nd/3rd string team today on a hideous pitch against a hideous 11 (then 10) men behind the ball side. We'll win the replay and we'll now have our best chance with a fresh XI against Swansea.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Cravenawin

More first team experience for a lot of the youngsters. How we didn't win is a bit of a mystery considering we had 75% possession! but we're still in and with a fully rested starting eleven for Tuesday.

JDH101

Quote from: SW6 Taarabt on January 26, 2014, 03:23:46 PM
Rene needs to have a core team of 11 players who can build some understanding of how to play together. Did not recognise the team today and why did Taraabt not start. I know he gave the ball away a few times but he did create chances and nearly scored and when he came on. We played much better going forward when Taarabt came on.

My mum always told me, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

So..............            .......................        ..................... I guess I'll keep my mouth shut.

grandad

Rene had no choice than to play who he did. Tuesday is far more important at this time.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bassey the warrior

Rene did the right thing. Can't fault him today.

K33NY

Quote from: SW6 Taarabt on January 26, 2014, 03:23:46 PM

You DO know our League position, and you DO know we have a match against Swansea in 2 days? You DO know that saving our starting XI was the very best thing he did today?

SW6 Taarabt

He seems to chop and change even in league games. I can understand why he put a different team out for obvious reasons but he needs to have a consistent team for the Prem league. If he feels Taarabt is not good enough send him back.

Tempest

For the league, I agree, every team ought to have a core 11, none of this resting crap, 2-3 games a week is easily achievable for the human body to maintain over a 9 month period, the rest, light training, in between is sufficient to recover. Where managers fail is telling players they are tired and allowing players to use this excuse. The mental aspect of the game needs to be addressed big time.

However, today and in all cup games this season,  we were right use the  players we did, not from a fatigue point of view but we do need to give youth a chance, Tank for example could play a big part in the last few games of the season, these games are invaluable.

In the league the best team ought to be playing each and every time and played in their natural position, not putting players wide when they're comfortable centrally etc.
Live in Falmouth!

leonffc

I said before the Norwich game that we should get a lead then make changes to save a replay. But I was pleased with the team Rene put out, it was brave.
The same today, I still think we should go for the throat and then rest players but I'm sure Rene put a team out the he thought could win, and maybe they should have. Again it was a brave and exciting line up. It's easy to say after the win where we went wrong but I'm quite happy with how he played it.
It was also brave to take Plumain off. He wasn't great IMO and Rene risked ruining his confidence but he had to come off. Tankovic did great for the goal.
UTD deserved the draw. They battled well and played well. Both teams deserved a pen (Kasami's was a no as far as I'm concerned). We could with out the replay but we've got to deal with it if we want to bed the kids in.
Our finishing was poor today.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: JudgeBread on January 26, 2014, 03:26:44 PM
:doh:

:plus one:
Don't know if Rene could have tactically done much better with his lineup. Subs got fitness. Young players received game time. Club is still in the competition. 1st team impact subs were available for short stints. The club has the usual starting 11 rested, healthy and available for the league game 48 hours after the match. Perfectly played.

Lighthouse

It was our more established players who failed to perform today. I thought the kids did fine. Considering the pitch I was pleased we willhave a fit 11 to play at Swansea.

However what's the betting we play as if we are all on our last legs anyway.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

matt1988

Good game time for the kids and a rest for the 11 that will play Swansea. Swansea themselves will have had less rest time as quite a few of their first team made an appearance on Saturday. Can't fault Rene.

Also Taarabt hardly set the game on fire when he came on.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 26, 2014, 04:40:42 PM
It was our more established players who failed to perform today. I thought the kids did fine. Considering the pitch I was pleased we willhave a fit 11 to play at Swansea.

However what's the betting we play as if we are all on our last legs anyway.

Rene said pretty much the same thing.  Not enough quality, but the youngsters came in and did well.  Pretty damning for the senior players really.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me