watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

EIGHT of our academy have made debuts this season

Started by Jamie88, January 26, 2014, 09:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie88

...has this ever happened before? Whether or not you think any of them can make it at the top level, you have to admit its looking pretty impressive!

hovewhite

Its happening at last and if 4 of them can make the step up it will save the club some money,also if we get them on long contracts then sell them to spurs we should make good money.

Mhbruce

What's also good is most of them play quite well, especially burn

JackyFulham90

The ones I'm most impressed with are Tankovic & David but Dembele & Passley definitely have bright futures for us

Lighthouse

You can bet that so many would not have had the chance but for our new coach. So if nothing else that is a good thing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Scrumpy

Rene deserves credit for this.

And some of the fans need to show some patience with the youngsters. It can take 2 or 3 years for them to make the transition. But, all in all, the future has never looked so bright (as long as we can stay up this year).
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

farfouille

Jol also deserves credit for some of them, like Chris David, Plumain...
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

valdeingruo

Quote from: farfouille on January 26, 2014, 11:31:51 PM

For bringing them in yes, but how many did we have before that didnt get a look in?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 26, 2014, 11:19:48 PM

And some of the fans need to show some patience with the youngsters. It can take 2 or 3 years for them to make the transition. But, all in all, the future has never looked so bright (as long as we can stay up this year).

Surely our boys have been put in the shop window,  we are looking to sell them all off
cheap !!!!

Shame on you Scrumpy ... 096.gig too positive by far

HatterDon

I'm thrilled to see the kids this season. What's the point of having the best U-18 and U-21 squads if you don't let them breathe a little first-team air?

Passley looked like a veteran out there. I'm impressed by Dembele's strength and positioning. Tankovic seems to be calm and possesses a good view of the field, and there's something about David that tells me he might be the best of the entire bunch.

I like the way Rene is easing them in. As Mr. Travers Barney used to say "the future is bright; the future's black and white."

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Skatzoffc

Quote from: farfouille on January 26, 2014, 11:31:51 PM

Not so sure how much credit Yol deserves. By all accounts Kit Symons fell out with him big time about not blooding youngsters who are top of the u21 prem table. 
Imo this helped bring his downfall at the club.
Great to see RM bring them in (as he said he would in his 1st interview for the club). Now we get a replay to ho see them again and hopefully further game time at home in the next round.

Loving it.
COYW!

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: KCat on January 26, 2014, 11:51:09 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on January 26, 2014, 11:19:48 PM

Surely our boys have been put in the shop window,  we are looking to sell them all off
cheap !!!!

Shame on you Scrumpy ... 096.gig too positive by far

Nice work kcat... I see what u did there.

fp.gif

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

K33NY

At least giving so many of our youth the oppurtunity and with Burn being solid, David looking VERY promissing and Plumain, this looks good for our future, stay up and RM will continue taking the club in the right direction!

MasterHaynes

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 26, 2014, 10:11:31 PM
The ones I'm most impressed with are Tankovic & David but Dembele & Passley definitely have bright futures for us
Just wait until you see Richards, Kavanagh from the U21 one(Richards as Kavanagh is injured) of these might get a shot in the replay at left back and from the U18 Donnelly, Roberts, Williams even possibly Sambou who I think we get a shot at first team at some point. There are several others as well, I know I sound like a broken record and statistically it sounds ridiculous but watching these kids I think we have a very good chance of getting 5-6 of these kids into the first team if we can keep hold of them. I can understand why Kit and Hugh Jenkins getting frustrated with Jol for not giving them a chance they know they could do a job.
PS I would like to see Passeley given a shot playing in the centre in the Hughes role, he excelled at this in his last season in the U18 to add pace to be able to cover quick breaks and a someone that can bring the ball out from the centre of defence is something we really need in the future

grandad

The key is not to just keep them but to keep them as a unit. This is what Barcelona do with their Academy.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

Quote from: MasterHaynes on January 27, 2014, 08:39:18 AM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 26, 2014, 10:11:31 PM
Just wait until you see Richards, Kavanagh from the U21 one(Richards as Kavanagh is injured) of these might get a shot in the replay at left back and from the U18 Donnelly, Roberts, Williams even possibly Sambou who I think we get a shot at first team at some point. There are several others as well, I know I sound like a broken record and statistically it sounds ridiculous but watching these kids I think we have a very good chance of getting 5-6 of these kids into the first team if we can keep hold of them. I can understand why Kit and Hugh Jenkins getting frustrated with Jol for not giving them a chance they know they could do a job.
PS I would like to see Passeley given a shot playing in the centre in the Hughes role, he excelled at this in his last season in the U18 to add pace to be able to cover quick breaks and a someone that can bring the ball out from the centre of defence is something we really need in the future
i agree that we could have a bit of a freak situation where a whole batch make there way through to the team, if we handle them well.
I watch the U21/U18's as well and watching yesterdays game did you notice the movement of the younger lads seemed better than the seniors. It was noticable for me that when Tankovic had the ball that David/Puliman/Passley were all making the moves for the passes and the senior guys were fairly static. I know they play with each other more but I thought it was one of the main things that stood out for me.

cmg

Yes, it is great to see these people making their mark.
I was particularly pleased with Josh Passley. This young man, who has been with us since age 11, has always had such impressive speed and skill that one has wondered if his future lay at full back. He has, in fact, performed with success at centre-back, midfield and on the wing, but yesterday he looked like a full back.

I agree with MJG. Early on David played one or two inspired passes, only to be disappointed that the more senior players were not on the same wavelength.

I get the impression that Pat Roberts will not be playing for England u17 against Belgium this week. I don't believe he is injured (and he sure as hell hasn't been dropped). I suppose we can make of that what we want.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on January 27, 2014, 10:07:57 AM

I get the impression that Pat Roberts will not be playing for England u17 against Belgium this week. I don't believe he is injured (and he sure as hell hasn't been dropped). I suppose we can make of that what we want.
Thats a very cryptic way to end that post.
So is he...
Injured
Rested
In First team squad
Or on the move?

epsomraver

The showing of the youngsters is down to Kit having a greater say in team matters now at 1st team level

cmg

Quote from: MJG on January 27, 2014, 10:27:12 AM
Quote from: cmg on January 27, 2014, 10:07:57 AM

Thats a very cryptic way to end that post.
So is he...
Injured
Rested
In First team squad
Or on the move?

Aha! So you're missing out the easy questions?

I don't pretend to have any inside info (unfashionable, I  know). I just put 2 and 2 together and usually make a right pig's ear of it.
Hopefully the third and not the fourth.
It's his 17th birthday next week. I only hope he gives us a nice present.