watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans at Sheffield and chants

Started by kdjr100, January 26, 2014, 11:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

I was a bit disappointed with the F**K OFF TO LAZIO chants aimed towards Big Phil yesterday. Yes it wasn't his greatest game, but he is a good player
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

jj____

I know its wrong and I'll totally understand if people disagree with me, but I would have joined in on the Senderos chants.  I can't stand that guy, he frustrates me every time hes on the pitch. 

But I don't want to go down, men. Do you know how hard it's going to be as an American to watch these games if we're relegated.  I like a good bit of banter and trash talk, but just not when its directed at the entire squad.

Pev

Standing at the front it seems like the loudest part was directly behind the goal

Still a fantastic turnout!
@Fulham_Boy

epsomraver

Quote from: jj____ on January 27, 2014, 01:38:58 PM
I know its wrong and I'll totally understand if people disagree with me, but I would have joined in on the Senderos chants.  I can't stand that guy, he frustrates me every time hes on the pitch. 

But I don't want to go down, men. Do you know how hard it's going to be as an American to watch these games if we're relegated.  I like a good bit of banter and trash talk, but just not when its directed at the entire squad.

Good job there is 5k miles of water between us and you then, we don't need any more idiots slagging off players in a white shirt, we have enough home grown thanks

JBH

Have you ever met the guy Septic??

jj____

Quote from: epsomraver on January 27, 2014, 01:49:08 PM

Good job there is 5k miles of water between us and you then, we don't need any more idiots slagging off players in a white shirt, we have enough home grown thanks
Good god dude relax

jj____

Quote from: JBH on January 27, 2014, 01:51:49 PM

Have you ever met the guy Septic??
Would that matter?

ffc73

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on January 27, 2014, 12:56:28 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the F**K OFF TO LAZIO chants aimed towards Big Phil yesterday. Yes it wasn't his greatest game, but he is a good player

He may make mistakes and not be the perfect centre half but Big Phil never gives less than 100%. 

I like his attitude, heart and effort.  He was the first Fulham player to come to the away end after the game and applaud the fans.  Many of whom had given him unjustified and personal abuse during the preceding 90 minutes.   Thats character and I for one stood and applauded him for it.

Dixie

Quote from: Fulhampete on January 27, 2014, 11:59:08 AM
Quote from: JBH on January 27, 2014, 11:06:05 AM
Quote from: FFC73 on January 27, 2014, 10:56:21 AM
I go to most of the away games to support my team

Used to be proud of our fans but a growing number of imbeciles are spoiling it all. Had a great chat in a pub with another Fulham fan before the game and then had to mix with a load of yobs who were both pissed and infantile. Gave up my season ticket recently and may well give up going at all soon. I have supported Fulham since 1958, sure some fans couldn't care less about me but I resent these morons taking over my beloved club.

Some of our chants, as those mentioned in this thread, are not funny but they are embarrassing to us the fans and offensive to the players

"a laugh" it is not

Unfortunately there is a small element of fans that travel away who are basically morons  :028:

Come on, lighten up!
There has always been a self-deprecating humour among Fulham fans.
I was there at Griffin Park when Brentford beat us 4-0 in 91/92 and we were singing:
"we're the worst team in London, worst team in London..." I thought it was brilliant.
The fact is that Brentford still think of that as their best game ever, check this link out
https://www.facebook.com/brentfordfootballclub1889/posts/10151782601538022

Neither of the chants mentioned here upsets me as a life long Fulham fan and i really don't understand why they annoy others on here.
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Dixie on January 27, 2014, 02:24:19 PM
Quote from: Fulhampete on January 27, 2014, 11:59:08 AM
Quote from: JBH on January 27, 2014, 11:06:05 AM
Quote from: FFC73 on January 27, 2014, 10:56:21 AM
I go to most of the away games to support my team

Used to be proud of our fans but a growing number of imbeciles are spoiling it all. Had a great chat in a pub with another Fulham fan before the game and then had to mix with a load of yobs who were both pissed and infantile. Gave up my season ticket recently and may well give up going at all soon. I have supported Fulham since 1958, sure some fans couldn't care less about me but I resent these morons taking over my beloved club.

Some of our chants, as those mentioned in this thread, are not funny but they are embarrassing to us the fans and offensive to the players

"a laugh" it is not

Unfortunately there is a small element of fans that travel away who are basically morons  :028:

Come on, lighten up!
There has always been a self-deprecating humour among Fulham fans.
I was there at Griffin Park when Brentford beat us 4-0 in 91/92 and we were singing:
"we're the worst team in London, worst team in London..." I thought it was brilliant.
The fact is that Brentford still think of that as their best game ever, check this link out
https://www.facebook.com/brentfordfootballclub1889/posts/10151782601538022

Neither of the chants mentioned here upsets me as a life long Fulham fan and i really don't understand why they annoy others on here.

I was at that game with a Brentford fan. We were standing just behind Bobby Campbell (the then manager). He was giving Sean O'Driscoll a right rollicking. I remember the 'Worst team in London' chant which the Brentford fans found quite amusing in our self-depreciating manner..

Jonno

I think you have the games mixed up - Campbell was definitely not our manager in 92!

Julius Geezer

You get negative supporters at every club and every stadium around the country, that's football.

Everyone has an opinion in football, everyone vents it in different ways.

Try not to take songs and whatnot too seriously, you'll drive yourself mad.

Just look at the positives - a good number made the journey. I'm sure the players and staff appreciated that.