watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans at Sheffield and chants

Started by kdjr100, January 26, 2014, 11:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdjr100

People who were watching on tv, could you hear us?

Also what is the general opinion on "that's why we're going down" and "how poo must you be we're drawing away"

IMO it is just a laugh and I cheered the players throughout and refused to boo at half time or full time.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

billffc

I was there to i enjoyed it was a lauth, did you see the beast?

Chesh

Quote from: kdjr100 on January 26, 2014, 11:52:59 PM

Also what is the general opinion on "that's why we're going down" and "how poo must you be we're drawing away"

IMO it is just a laugh and I cheered the players throughout and refused to boo at half time or full time.

To be honest, couldn't hear much from Fulham, and if you want an honest opinion on the two chants then here goes - the first one is a bit crass, because it was eleven players who are currently not first choice, and the second one is just getting a bit boring now.

I know it was a laugh, and credit for being there, but perhaps if our fans got behind the team a bit more with a bit of passion instead of black humour, then a) it might be a bit louder, and b) they might respond.

Don't take it personally, as just being honest.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

billffc

I never heard the 2nd chant dno where i was lol,everyone joined in  the first tho

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Chesh on January 27, 2014, 12:12:08 AM

To be honest, couldn't hear much from Fulham, and if you want an honest opinion on the two chants then here goes - the first one is a bit crass, because it was eleven players who are currently not first choice, and the second one is just getting a bit boring now.

I know it was a laugh, and credit for being there, but perhaps if our fans got behind the team a bit more with a bit of passion instead of black humour, then a) it might be a bit louder, and b) they might respond.

agreed

PokerMatt

That's why we're going down?

Ridiculous. Glad I didn't hear it.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Craven Mad

Spot on.

epsomraver

Got to say we do have some drongos when we are away in the Fulham end.

Burt

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 27, 2014, 09:08:24 AM

Spot on.

Yup... Whilst some of the team may take it in the spirit with which it is intended, others may not...

Twig

I absolutely agree with this and well put too.

FFCByTheRiver

The only bit I got a bit irritated at was the bloke who kept shouting 'PHILLIPE, LAZIO' every time Senderos touched the ball. It was a tiny bit funny the first time, unbelievably boring the 50th and obviously if he could hear it would do nothing for Phil's confidence. Neither did the jeering by a few when he managed to complete a pass.

Certainly didn't join in the booing - not many did, to be fair.

Thought the fans were pretty good..of course you always do when you're in amongst them. The Sheffield fans were totally awful.

SKSW6

As a general note, I thought we were pretty awful for most of the game. There were a few songs at the start, but it was pretty quiet for the most part.

The chant that annoyed me the most was probably the "love off to Lazio" towards Senderos. Whatever you might think of a player, there's no excuse abusing him in that way during a game IMO. How is that going to help when he's still on the pitch and we have a game to win?

ffc73

I go to most of the away games to support my team

Some of our chants, as those mentioned in this thread, are not funny but they are embarrassing to us the fans and offensive to the players

"a laugh" it is not

JBH

Quote from: FFC73 on January 27, 2014, 10:56:21 AM

Some of our chants, as those mentioned in this thread, are not funny but they are embarrassing to us the fans and offensive to the players

"a laugh" it is not

Unfortunately there is a small element of fans that travel away who are basically morons  :028:

JBH

Quote from: billffc on January 27, 2014, 12:11:09 AM

Whats a Lauth???????????

ltd-ffc

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on January 27, 2014, 10:09:04 AM
The only bit I got a bit irritated at was the bloke who kept shouting 'PHILLIPE, LAZIO' every time Senderos touched the ball. It was a tiny bit funny the first time, unbelievably boring the 50th and obviously if he could hear it would do nothing for Phil's confidence. Neither did the jeering by a few when he managed to complete a pass.

Certainly didn't join in the booing - not many did, to be fair.

Thought the fans were pretty good..of course you always do when you're in amongst them. The Sheffield fans were totally awful.
i was at a game against spurs buy my old man is a yid for all his sins and it was birhtday so i got us tickets to the game but it had to be in the putney end as he refused to go in the hammy. Well one spud fan literally kept shouting "schwarzer oi Schwarzer Schwarzr youre s**t mate" literally everytime he got the ball and once mark turned round so that encouraged the guy even more. that game was hell as we lost 3-1 and when we scored my old man goes oi you not gonna cheer and raising my hands while between a shed load of yids
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Fulhampete

Quote from: JBH on January 27, 2014, 11:06:05 AM
Quote from: FFC73 on January 27, 2014, 10:56:21 AM

Used to be proud of our fans but a growing number of imbeciles are spoiling it all. Had a great chat in a pub with another Fulham fan before the game and then had to mix with a load of yobs who were both pissed and infantile. Gave up my season ticket recently and may well give up going at all soon. I have supported Fulham since 1958, sure some fans couldn't care less about me but I resent these morons taking over my beloved club.

"a laugh" it is not

Unfortunately there is a small element of fans that travel away who are basically morons  :028:

jms

No wonder I don't want to go to away games.... fp.gif

JBH

Quote from: jms on January 27, 2014, 12:14:35 PM
No wonder I don't want to go to away games.... fp.gif

Me too and I am starting to think about giving up my ST as the ground is attracting the same sort of moronic idiots that use to go in the 80's.

In fact the best thing about possibly being relegated is that most of the idiots would disappear  :028:

billffc

Quote from: JBH on January 27, 2014, 11:07:02 AM
Quote from: billffc on January 27, 2014, 12:11:09 AM

Whats a Lauth???????????

It was a good day out for me so was a lauth, ktnxs