watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A New Low Could Be Close

Started by filham, January 28, 2014, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The situation we could be in at 11pm tonight could be the low point of the last 15 years.

If Cardiff draw at Old Trafford and we lose at Swansea we will be in the bottom three with by far the worst goals conceded record and favourites for relegation. Also at 11pm the transfer window will only be open for only another 72 hours and we will not have reinforced our team with any new signings.

Swansea have the best possession record (60%) in the premiership so we are not going to see too much of the ball tonight.
Solskjaer will be leading Cardiff from a familiar place in an Old Trafford dug out ( he must have spent hours there as a sub) a draw is on the cards. A loss for us and a point for Cardiff is a distinct possibility.

So we could all be thoroughly depressed tonight but then a couple of really good signings in the next three days and a win on Saturday could again raise our hopes, so lets not get too depressed tonight if things are looking bleak.

God The Mechanic

Alternatively we could win, be sitting on 22 points and there could be updates/news on potential signings.

A little bit of positivity really wouldn't go amiss at the moment, and Swansea are hardly in decent form (over the last 12 months almost...).

Baszab

I am trying so hard to be positive - but feeling realistic to be honest - let's hope the players all turn up for a fight - Dempsey actually does something - Berbatov competes - Djegah and Kaka play aggressively and track back to cover Richardson - and we cover the back four properly when we lose the ball in their half -
oh.... and please don't back off their midfielders in the last 15 minutes when we are knackered so they can take potshots at our goal

sumofallparts

With Utd having (possibly) Rooney, van Persie, Fellaini back (in training anyway) AND new boy Mata in the team, I very much doubt Cardiff will get a draw.

But on the flip side, I would happily take a draw for us at the Liberty.

Lighthouse

When you are driving towards the cliff edge it's a bit late to talk about a new low as you try to stop falling. Look we should as a club have tried to do more in the market a long time before now. We didn't, we kept on trying to put a misfiring engine and bald tyres on a van with no breaks.

It is now almost comical what our own club has done to itself. A good mechanic can change things but a bald tyre is still a bald tyre.

For fans of metaphors another one we will along in a minute. Like buses.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

I hope we go all out for the win but don't leave ourselves exposed. They can play some nice football but with Michu being injured and a few other key players out and that Ashley Williams being a bit of a liability this season they are there for the taking.

sumofallparts

Is Michu still out for tonight?

nose

Low point, high point.... The trouble was we had Jol and he killed us and the effect of his disatorous tenure will not be undone until the end of the season.
Tonight is a really big game and the team just have to perform well AND get a result but that is just stating the blindingly obvious.
If dempsey starts then I will start to lose my faith in rene because dempsey is a complete waste of space and has never been a player that wants to roll up his sleeves and fight for the team. And tonight we need 11 players that are going to give overmatching... In thios respect I accept that berba is a special case, he must do what he does best and providing when he deigns to join in he is at his spectacular best then that will be a good enough.

I am anticipating great joy this time tomorrow!

sumofallparts

Ironically, I have always thought of Dempsey as the player who does "roll up his sleeves" and get stuck in.
Just what we need right now I'd have said.

Northern Cottager

jarv

I also believe in Dempsey. He put in 5 good years, fights for ever ball and got absolutely battered by defenders during THAT great season.
Hope he does it tonight and given our lack of options, he has to be in the team.

terryr

Quote from: filham on January 28, 2014, 10:48:03 AM
The situation we could be in at 11pm tonight could be the low point of the last 15 years.

If Cardiff draw at Old Trafford and we lose at Swansea we will be in the bottom three with by far the worst goals conceded record and favourites for relegation. Also at 11pm the transfer window will only be open for only another 72 hours and we will not have reinforced our team with any new signings.

Swansea have the best possession record (60%) in the premiership so we are not going to see too much of the ball tonight.
Solskjaer will be leading Cardiff from a familiar place in an Old Trafford dug out ( he must have spent hours there as a sub) a draw is on the cards. A loss for us and a point for Cardiff is a distinct possibility.

So we could all be thoroughly depressed tonight but then a couple of really good signings in the next three days and a win on Saturday could again raise our hopes, so lets not get too depressed tonight if things are looking bleak.
Jeeze................. 090.gif

sumofallparts

Optimistic?
We are away from home, on the back on the result v Sheffield Utd, with no activity in the transfer window, and a very leaky defence + Swansea have to put in a good one.
Where is the optimism?
A draw at best IMHO.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: sumofallparts on January 28, 2014, 12:50:05 PM
Optimistic?
We are away from home, on the back on the result v Sheffield Utd, with no activity in the transfer window, and a very leaky defence + Swansea have to put in a good one.
Where is the optimism?
A draw at best IMHO.

If I was you I'd look at the squad that started V's Sheff Utd then look at the squad tonight.

sumofallparts

I know who played on Sat - and who will also play tonight in all probability.
I also know who has played all season and the leaky, gutless performances from the team, no matter who has played!

Burt

So long as there is still 6 points separating the bottom 10 then we are in with a shout.

So long as we put in a good shift tonight then we will remain in contention.

St Eve

Cardiff will lose badly. The question is can we come away with something - 3 points would be great

HatterDon

going back to the original post, certainly regardless of what we do tonight we're still favorites for relegation. Ignore our 17th place, when you compare our rest of the season fixtures with others in the bottom 10, we have one of the MOST difficult run-ins. The only way to STOP us from being relegation favorites is for us to win three in a row ... SOON.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rusty shackleford

Id say out run in (last 5 games) is one of the better run ins of the relegation clubs.

Compared to say Norwich, if they arent safe by then theyre down. They have Us away and United Pool Arsenal Chelsea in their last 5

God The Mechanic

Quote from: HatterDon on January 28, 2014, 02:48:17 PM
going back to the original post, certainly regardless of what we do tonight we're still favorites for relegation. Ignore our 17th place, when you compare our rest of the season fixtures with others in the bottom 10, we have one of the MOST difficult run-ins. The only way to STOP us from being relegation favorites is for us to win three in a row ... SOON.

Everyone has played 22 games, so everyone has to play practically everyone else again!!  Disregard the stronger at home theory, as that hasn't been the case at all this year, so where we play who we play really doesn't matter.