more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khan is the problem

Started by Wimbledon_White, January 28, 2014, 01:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: DukeTyrion on January 28, 2014, 02:13:01 PM

Let's judge based on where we are on Saturday, when the window has closed.
Think your find that will start at 11:01PM on friday night

Lighthouse

A new owner came in and he remains a stranger to us because he hasn't done anything yet. Not sure why people continue to say let's wait and see. We hear this every window and every window nothing but old men on short contracts come in. Hi there Clint.

So our new owner has done nothing that we can see for the club. If you want to add 'as yet' then fine. But so far Khan looks more likely to sell the ground and the youngsters and be happy in the lower divisions then actually back us to stay up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sumofallparts

Clearly Khan is no mug and has the £££ to back this up.
But Lighthouse is right, he hasn't done a great deal, so it does beg the question of what does he have in mind?
Or is it simply - he wants to wait til the end of the season? Seems odd to me as that's a hell of a gamble.
Personally, i'd be making sure we don't leave the PL now? Once you drop out, it could be the long road back - e.g. Wolves.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 28, 2014, 02:18:33 PM
But so far Khan looks more likely to sell the ground and the youngsters and be happy in the lower divisions then actually back us to stay up.

On what evidence.

His clear statements that he respects our heritage, will improve the ground and not move us out.

May not happen of course but it is what he's said.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: sumofallparts on January 28, 2014, 02:23:30 PM

Personally, i'd be making sure we don't leave the PL now?

What does that mean though?

There isn't a sum of money that ensures that. We all know the difficulties in bringing in top quality players in January. All the evidence is that we're trying to bring players in. I seriously doubt that all would be sorted if we added X% to our bids.

Lighthouse

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 28, 2014, 02:23:43 PM
But so far Khan looks more likely to sell the ground and the youngsters and be happy in the lower divisions then actually back us to stay up.

On what evidence.

His clear statements that he respects our heritage, will improve the ground and not move us out.

So did David Bulstrode. My evidence is no money has been spent and if we go down what chances him respecting our heritage in the lower divisions?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 28, 2014, 02:27:48 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 28, 2014, 02:23:43 PM

On what evidence.

So did David Bulstrode.

I don't think so. His evil intentions were plain from day one.

sumofallparts

I meant by at least trying to ensure we have a good enough shot of staying up.
Do we all REALLY feel our squad is good enough? Especially in light of the squads AND additions our closest rivals have? Talk about a gamble !

Roberty

A new owner came in and he remains a stranger to us because he hasn't done anything yet. Not sure why people continue to say let's wait and see. We hear this every window and every window nothing but old men on short contracts come in. Hi there Clint.

So our new owner has done nothing that we can see for the club. If you want to add 'as yet' then fine. But so far Khan looks more likely to sell the ground and the youngsters and be happy in the lower divisions then actually back us to stay up.

Given what some of the previous owners did to the club, doing nothing is looking good at the moment!

But that is not true - is it - he did get rid of Jol - a popular move and we now have Rene who seems to have the confidence of players and supporters alike.

Just as it is not true that "he looks more likely" to have a fire sale - far from it - he has a history of investing for success.

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Nick Bateman

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 28, 2014, 02:01:01 PM
The fact Sidwell has been offered a deal and turned it down because he wants more years is hardly justification for such conjecture.

Second post in a row from yourself which I can't decide whether its trolling or serious?

Ageism has been Fulham's greatest enemy.  We lost the finest goalkeeper in the PL in Schwarzer for that very reason, and Murphy before that.  It is reasonable for Sidwell to ask for better than a 'rolling' contract to secure what remains of his footballing career, and at 33 he is not "OLD" in the slightest.

Some players, for example, Brian McBride, were even better in their "old age" than they were in their purported prime: experience is such a vastly underrated commodity.

As for trolling, this is the second post you have made stating this, and I cannot decide whether you are trolling or serious!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Danitar

I don't think khan is the problem as I have mentioned before this guy likes to invest in his investments. Just look at what he's done for jaguars, he's practically built a new stadium for the team, if you see the locker rooms and gym facilities they are one of if not the best facilities in the nfl. I don't buy him being prudent with money I think Mo sold him this big dream that it's a piece of cake job to run a team and he has now found out that's the complete opposite. If we had mark lamping (non executive director) running the transfer business we really wouldn't be in this mess as he is a guy that doesn't take nonsense from anyone and if the team needs signings he is a guy that goes in there and gets it done. If you read his profile he has had a lot of success in sports. Ali Mac needs to sort it out or I fear he won't be with us by the summer and khan will get his own guy in to do the job

FFC1987

Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 28, 2014, 02:52:09 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 28, 2014, 02:01:01 PM
The fact Sidwell has been offered a deal and turned it down because he wants more years is hardly justification for such conjecture.

Second post in a row from yourself which I can't decide whether its trolling or serious?

Ageism has been Fulham's greatest enemy.  We lost the finest goalkeeper in the PL in Schwarzer for that very reason, and Murphy before that.  It is reasonable for Sidwell to ask for better than a 'rolling' contract to secure what remains of his footballing career, and at 33 he is not "OLD" in the slightest.

Some players, for example, Brian McBride, were even better in their "old age" than they were in their purported prime: experience is such a vastly underrated commodity.

As for trolling, this is the second post you have made stating this, and I cannot decide whether you are trolling or serious!

Again, not sure what to make of this. No opinion.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 28, 2014, 02:03:02 PM
He is a troll FFC1987. One of the mods kindly blocked his posts for me, which means I only see what he says when other people quote him.

So I would suggest, for my benefit as much as anyone else's, please stop quoting and responding to him.

I most certainly am not a troll.
I don't like Khan, I don't believe he's got good intentions for the club and I fear we'll suffer because of it.
No I don't know the inner workings of the club but neither do you or anyone else on here. Yes it is pure conjecture but this is an online forum for Christs sake, a place for debate, and I am putting forward an argument that we've been bought by an owner who isn't clued up enough about football to know what he's got himself in for.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on January 28, 2014, 03:21:53 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on January 28, 2014, 02:03:02 PM
He is a troll FFC1987. One of the mods kindly blocked his posts for me, which means I only see what he says when other people quote him.

So I would suggest, for my benefit as much as anyone else's, please stop quoting and responding to him.

I most certainly am not a troll.
I don't like Khan, I don't believe he's got good intentions for the club and I fear we'll suffer because of it.
No I don't know the inner workings of the club but neither do you or anyone else on here. Yes it is pure conjecture but this is an online forum for Christs sake, a place for debate, and I am putting forward an argument that we've been bought by an owner who isn't clued up enough about football to know what he's got himself in for.

Great, you've made your point and now I'm locking this thread because it is too close to being slanderous.

I could say the sky is red, and admit I have no evidence to that effect, but it is my opinion so we should argue about it.