watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khan is the problem

Started by Wimbledon_White, January 28, 2014, 01:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

I have been an outspoken critic of our cheapskate owner for quite some time now.  051

I got dogs abuse for raising questions over his intentions for the club before but I ask you is no one else starting think this guy might be in it for the wrong reasons?

Re: Transfers
KHAN "My priority is to ensure the club and Craven Cottage each have a viable and sustainable Premier League future that fans of present and future generations can be proud of. We will manage the club's financial and operational affairs with prudence and care, with youth development and community programmes as fundamentally important elements of Fulham's future."

Translation: "My priority is to try and make Fulham profitable by cutting costs as much as can and by rinsing every penny out of it possible. We will manage the finances like a miser so don't be expecting us to spend much money at all; we're going to have to go continue to try and find bargain basement loans and OAP-formerly great-players like Parker and Karagounis."

Now I am not suggesting we should be spending like a drunken sailor (aka QPR 2012) but to be constantly low-balling other clubs for players is ridiculous. We are becoming a laughing stock; we are the cheapskates of the Prem.
£4m for Ravel Morrison, whether you want him to join or not, is ridiculous.
Haggling over £700k for Defour is, in the grand scheme of things, pointless. If he helps us stay up he will more than repay that £700k (if the rumours are to be believed).
Ali Mack is clearly no negotiating genius but in reality he can only spend what he has been told he can spend...peanuts. Who controls that? Khan...that well-known Football brain.
Maybe some blame could we put at the door of Ali Mack for approaching unrealistic players with low ball offers. I dunno.

RE: Riverside
When was the last time we heard about the Riverside expansion? I bet it won't be long before we're told that unforeseen circumstances have meant that the plans have been shelved? Some of us (not me) will swallow it too.

I hope I am wrong but I fear Shad Khan bought us for the real estate value of the Cottage and as a means to show suitability to be the owner of the impending NFL London Franchise. I wonder if any of us will make enough money to buy a flat where the dug outs used to be...I am sure a cool £3m will do it...once they're built of course.

It's okay though guys, I am sure we'll find a lovely new plot of land out in Hillingdon to use. I hear West Drayton is lovely.

Khan Out.

JBH

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on January 28, 2014, 01:36:47 PM
I have been an outspoken critic of our cheapskate owner for quite some time now.  051

I got dogs abuse for raising questions over his intentions for the club before but I ask you is no one else starting think this guy might be in it for the wrong reasons?

Re: Transfers
KHAN "My priority is to ensure the club and Craven Cottage each have a viable and sustainable Premier League future that fans of present and future generations can be proud of. We will manage the club's financial and operational affairs with prudence and care, with youth development and community programmes as fundamentally important elements of Fulham's future."

Translation: "My priority is to try and make Fulham profitable by cutting costs as much as can and by rinsing every penny out of it possible. We will manage the finances like a miser so don't be expecting us to spend much money at all; we're going to have to go continue to try and find bargain basement loans and OAP-formerly great-players like Parker and Karagounis."

Now I am not suggesting we should be spending like a drunken sailor (aka QPR 2012) but to be constantly low-balling other clubs for players is ridiculous. We are becoming a laughing stock; we are the cheapskates of the Prem.
£4m for Ravel Morrison, whether you want him to join or not, is ridiculous.
Haggling over £700k for Defour is, in the grand scheme of things, pointless. If he helps us stay up he will more than repay that £700k (if the rumours are to be believed).
Ali Mack is clearly no negotiating genius but in reality he can only spend what he has been told he can spend...peanuts. Who controls that? Khan...that well-known Football brain.
Maybe some blame could we put at the door of Ali Mack for approaching unrealistic players with low ball offers. I dunno.

When was the last time we heard about the Riverside expansion? I bet it won't be long before we're told that unforeseen circumstances have meant that the plans have been shelved? Some of us (not me) will swallow it too.

I hope I am wrong but I fear Shad Khan bought us for the real estate value of the Cottage and as a means to show suitability to be the owner of the impending NFL London Franchise. I wonder if any of us will make enough money to buy a flat where the dug outs used to be...I am sure a cool £3m will do it...once they're built of course.

It's okay though guys, I am sure we'll find a lovely new plot of land out in Hillingdon to use. I hear West Drayton is lovely.

Khan Out.

:doh: 096.gig

Wimbledon_White

haha I had a feeling this wouldn't go down too well.

Baszab

Then that's full circle back to what I have been saying -- Khan needs to be explained about "relegation" before he takes a US$200m haircut - Khan knows nothing about Sarccah - our directors supposedly do

PokerMatt

How about with the FFP rules all PL teams must not be run at a loss?

Let's spend tens of millions immediately and then get relegated on points deductions instead.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

JBH

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on January 28, 2014, 01:39:46 PM
haha I had a feeling this wouldn't go down too well.

Why post on something that you or in fact any of us don't have a clue about then  fp.gif

threedhomer

Make him a good offer WW.  He's a business man you know, won't mind turning a quick profit.

Wimbledon_White

Yep, good one lads, attack me with your arrogance and sarcasm.

These concerns are valid; you know it too.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on January 28, 2014, 01:51:58 PM
Yep, good one lads, attack me with your arrogance and sarcasm.

These concerns are valid; you know it too.

They'd be valid, possibly, if he'd been owner for considerably longer than six months.

As it is it seems like a hysterical over reaction to me.

PokerMatt

You're reading between the lines with your "translation" and everything else you say is entirely speculation. As would be any response that disagrees with you.

We don't know what's going on in the club, but sentences starting "I bet..." don't equal valid concerns in my book.

I'm quite sure that we don't have the fanbase and the income to compete with most other teams under FFP, so of course we won't be able to spend as much. However much money Khan has.

Nick Bateman

The essence of Wimbledon White's suggestion is not without foundation.

Fulham have been touting to sell Berbatov, rather than keep him.  We still have not offered our best player at the moment, Steve Sidwell a new contract.

Khan so far has bought nobody, bringing/recalling loanees such as Bent, Burn and Dempo to bolster to our ranks, this under a real threat of catastrophic relegation!  

I would balk at calling for Khan's head, nor accuse him of anything more than parsimonious prudence in the transfer market, but such complacency may harm our chances of staying up!  051
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Baszab

The criticism to you, WW, is that no-one actually knows the inner workings of the Khan investment portfolio managers -- but we don't really need to know -- we just have to look at the results so far --- and everyone on this board knows we have been pathetic on and off the field for 18 months - doesn't mean we will stop supporting or going to matches though

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Baszab on January 28, 2014, 01:57:02 PM
The criticism to you, WW, is that no-one actually knows the inner workings of the Khan investment portfolio managers -- but we don't really need to know -- we just have to look at the results so far --- and everyone on this board knows we have been pathetic on and off the field for 18 months - doesn't mean we will stop supporting or going to matches though

I am not suggesting anyone would stop. I am simply saying that I believe we have been bought by a false prophet.

FFC1987

Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 28, 2014, 01:56:59 PM

Fulham have been touting to sell Berbatov, rather than keep him.  We still have not offered our best player at the moment, Steve Sidwell a new contract.

Khan so far has bought nobody, bringing/recalling loanees such as Bent, Burn and Dempo to bolster to our ranks, this under a real threat of catastrophic relegation!  

I would balk at calling for Khan's head, nor accuse him of anything more than parsimonious prudence in the transfer market, but such complacency may harm our chances of staying up!  051

Have we been touting to sell him? The only line i've seen is that we're keen to keep him. The fact Sidwell has been offered a deal and turned it down because he wants more years is hardly justification for such conjecture.

Second post in a row from yourself which I can't decide whether its trolling or serious?

PokerMatt

He is a troll FFC1987. One of the mods kindly blocked his posts for me, which means I only see what he says when other people quote him.

So I would suggest, for my benefit as much as anyone else's, please stop quoting and responding to him.

MJG

We still have not offered our best player at the moment, Steve Sidwell a new contract.

The failure to offer Sidwell the contract he wants (he has been offered a 1 year one) makes complete sense at the moment. Why burden ourselves with long term contracts on players of his age until we know what division we are in.
If I was in charge I would not have offered him a 1 year contract yet.

MJG

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on January 28, 2014, 01:36:47 PM

Khan Out.

With the Riverside there have been legal issues stopping things which hopefully will have been dealt with in the next month. I believe then the club will make a statement on the stand.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 28, 2014, 02:01:01 PM

Have we been touting to sell him? The only line i've seen is that we're keen to keep him. The fact Sidwell has been offered a deal and turned it down because he wants more years is hardly justification for such conjecture.

Second post in a row from yourself which I can't decide whether its trolling or serious?

The smart money's on trolling.

FFC1987

Cheers for the info guys. Didn't want to endure a debate when I can't tell whether the other participate was serious or not!

DukeTyrion

The underinvestment stems back to Al Fayed, when he decided on preparing the club for sale.

Had Khan come in and made sweeping changes within 5 minutes of landing here we would all have called him mad.

Let's judge based on where we are on Saturday, when the window has closed.