News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time to play an entire youth side against Sheffield in the replay?

Started by General, January 28, 2014, 03:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

I know this may seem audacious but i don't think it is.

So much of football is mentality, teamwork and understanding how your teammates play.

One thing that is abundantly clear is the young players coming through are used to winning games, not only that but doing what it takes to win games, whether it be coming back from losing positions or whatever.

They are far more confident in the way they hold themselves on the pitch then our more seasoned pros and i fear we may risk harming that confidence if these players play with our older players whose form has been atrocious most of this season.

These guys can play well together, have pace and ability in all the right places and against Sheffield utd in key positions helps their own, in fact, statistics suggest more than, with a late 70% to early 80% possession statistic in our favour for most of the game.

If they can do that with tankovic, plumain, passely and david in the side, then i do not see why they can't do so with more, it may actually prove the breath of fresh air we need.

Put dembele up front, who is probably more competent than rodallega, depending on the turn around keep stockdale in goal with burn and perhaps hangeland in at CB's and maybe play with one seasons striker and then fill all the other positions in with youth players.

Their mindsets and ability to play with each other are much more direct and confident than our senior team and with a lot of them starting to grow up they should be looking to hold their own in many respects against Sheffield utd.

jmh

Quote from: General on January 28, 2014, 03:47:23 PM
Put dembele up front, who is probably more competent than rodallega
Seems a bit harsh on Rodallega given that he's the one who scored to earn us the replay in the first place. 

Tomo

Not the worst idea in the world maybe not the whole youth squad perhaps.

Stockdale
Passley
Burn
Arthurworrey
Richardson

Plumain
Christensen
David
Kacaniklic

Tankovic
Dembele

"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Northern Cottager

Quote from: jmh on January 28, 2014, 04:41:05 PM
Seems a bit harsh on Rodallega given that he's the one who scored to earn us the replay in the first place. 

He was the only one who got us going against Leicester in the other Cup too. Shame he cant replicate it in the league.

jmh

Quote from: Northern Cottager on January 28, 2014, 04:47:41 PM

He was the only one who got us going against Leicester in the other Cup too. Shame he cant replicate it in the league.
His strike rate for us in the league last year is the same as Bent's this year (in either case a miserable 1 goal per 8 matches) plus he actually still has pace.

elgreenio

Would say go for it had we not received a winnable draw in the next round. 4 or 5 in the replay with the reserve compliment please
touch my camera through the fence

Craven Mad

I wouldn't do entire youth, but youth + second choices.

Which would mix experience/energy; give us a chance to see other options; and help us secure a place in the next round - which appears fairly easy...

Whilst I'm not keen to expend all our energy on chasing the FA (survival obviously the main goal), we have been blessed with a good opportunity to progress to the quarter finals and, who knows, with another easy draw or two we could be on track for a trophy - with little to no effort!!

COYW

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Tomo on January 28, 2014, 04:45:49 PM

Stockdale
Passley
Burn
Arthurworrey
Richardson

Plumain
Christensen
David
Kacaniklic

Tankovic
Dembele

I would have Jorronen in Goal , very good keeper, Have Richards at left back move Richardson up into midfield instead opf Kaca, Arthurworrey is out on loan so would put an old head in Hughes there. I would start Rodders as the target man with Tankovic off him in the first half and bring Dembele on for Tankovic with 30 minutes to go. I'd also start with karagounis instead of Christensen and swap them with 35 minutes to go if we are in control.
I would also like to progress so would have Dej, hangeland, Sidwell & parker on the bench

Burt

Quote from: elgreenio on January 28, 2014, 04:55:24 PM
Would say go for it had we not received a winnable draw in the next round. 4 or 5 in the replay with the reserve compliment please

Agree with this...

The draw is opening up nicely, with us with a winnable next round and with 4 of the competition favourites playing each other (i.e. 2 of them will be knocked out).

Jamie88

If we did put out our entire U21 squad would we not get a fine from the FA for putting out a 'weaker' side?

Burt

This is certainly the case for league matches.

I am not sure the same is true of the two cup competitions though.

Jack Fulham

May as well send up Kit Symons as well and give the three managers a day off. No point with a good draw that we've got. I'm sure we will see a few youths in the replay anyway.

Herbie

I would vote for still having an experienced spine to the team, that is then supplemented with youth. Perhaps a spine of Stockdale - Hughes - Kasami or Karagounis - Hugo.

Although it shouldn't be the priority, I do hope we can go far in the FA Cup as I would love a day out to Wembley to see Fulham!

FPT

I do believe that we should put faith and give our youngsters exposure, though the experienced element to guide them through is key.

I'd go for:

Stockdale
Passley Hughes Burn Richardson
Plumain David Karagounis Kacaniklic
Tankovic
Rodallega

Bench: Joronen, Tom Richards, Buatu, Evans, Christensen, Della-Verde, Dembele.

If we need to go for the win, trust these players. I was considering Hyndman/Roberts/Williams, but I think first team action would be too premature at this stage.

David Allen Crankshaw

A team similar to the one that took the field for the Norwich replay would be appropriate. Our next league match is five days later and Sheffield United will be no pushover as Aston Villa will testify.

JackyFulham90

No we need a mixture of both.
Darren Bent & Tankovic upfront.
Sidwell & David in midfield that sort of team I think will get the job done

Skatzoffc

Quote from: jmh link=topi35916.msg483010#msg483010 date=1390927998
Quote from: Northern Cottager on January 28, 2014, 04:47:41 PM

His strike rate for us in the league last year is the same as Bent's this year (in either case a miserable 1 goal per 8 matches) plus he actually still has pace.

Personally, I've always liked Roddy. He works hard and pins teams back. I know he doesn't score enough but the abuse he gets on here for hardworking performances against the dross so called better players give us is appalling, IMO.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

General

Losing today has made our life a whole lot worse, give these young players the experience of premiership football, at least it will equip them well for the possibility of getting better experience for playing in the championship.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tomo on January 28, 2014, 04:45:49 PM

Stockdale
Passley
Burn
Arthurworrey
Richardson

Plumain
Christensen
David
Kacaniklic

Tankovic
Dembele

id play that in our next league game
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 28, 2014, 05:55:56 PM
May as well send up Kit Symons as well and give the three managers a day off. No point with a good draw that we've got. I'm sure we will see a few youths in the replay anyway.

He's certainly a potential future Fulham manager !  Like Kit a lot.