more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

dempsey and richardson

Started by nose, January 28, 2014, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Quote from: FPT on January 29, 2014, 03:22:53 PM
I wonder if Richardson has taken Pablo Hernandez out of his pocket yet?

:plus one:

That one made me snicker

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on January 29, 2014, 08:39:08 AM
Dempsey was one of the better players last night.
BUT this whole loan for 7/8 games was always a bad idea.

I always thought it a bad idea. He would have been better with a solid mid-table side or a club in Germany in mid-table. He IS contributing, but his being in the lineup is usually at the expense of Kasami -- the guy I think we should be building our team around. As a Yank, I would have much preferred Dempsey keeping his match fitness at another club, and I still can't believe our front office thought it was a good idea to sign him.

but there you go, they never ask for my input.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

horse1031

Quote from: HatterDon on January 29, 2014, 03:54:39 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 29, 2014, 08:39:08 AM
Dempsey was one of the better players last night.
BUT this whole loan for 7/8 games was always a bad idea.

I always thought it a bad idea. He would have been better with a solid mid-table side or a club in Germany in mid-table. He IS contributing, but his being in the lineup is usually at the expense of Kasami -- the guy I think we should be building our team around. As a Yank, I would have much preferred Dempsey keeping his match fitness at another club, and I still can't believe our front office thought it was a good idea to sign him.

but there you go, they never ask for my input.

From Clint's point of view this has been a very good loan so far for him.  He has played in all of the important games, gained some match fitness, and last night seemed to get a little bit of confidence back.  This is not a good loan for Fulham because he was not even close to match fit when he came in the beginning of January.  We don't have time to get him up to speed but it seems like Rene is willing to do that.

I will say this, last night I thought was his best game he has had since joining.  He showed some trickery, got some shots off and if Dejegah would have let that header go Clint was behind him to lash home.  I think someone needs to make him mad.  He always played the best when he was elbowed or angry about something which was pretty much all the time during his 5 year stint.