watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

dempsey and richardson

Started by nose, January 28, 2014, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

dempsey is such a waste of space.. he had one good season but otherwise he was always second rate and he certainly proving his lack of worth now...
the other thing is he doesn't really try hard enough, he never did, he was the low light at portsmouth, he was even less good today

richardson... must be the worst full back we have had in the premiership... swansea targeted him over and over and he never failed to improve swansea's chances.. he is useless

whilst these two continue to be picked we are gifting the opposition a two goal lead... they are useless.

nose

sorry worse than useless... they benifit the opposition!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Have to agree  :022:
Richardson looked ok in the 1st half  but they did target him in the 2nd half
The Gooner game was the same ...........he gives up and looses concentration as the game goes on.

nose

Quote from: KCat on January 28, 2014, 10:17:54 PM
Have to agree  :022:
Richardson looked ok in the 1st half  but they did target him in the 2nd half
The Gooner game was the same ...........he gives up and looses concentration as the game goes on.

actually the stats on the screen i was watching showed nearly 50% of 1st half attacks aimed at richardson, arsenal did it and liverpool did it. the man has no idea!

filham

On the link I watched the half time stats showed that Swansea launched two or three times the number of attacks down their right flank as opposed to their left.

Teams have been targeting our weak left flank all season.

EJL

Quote from: nose on January 28, 2014, 10:07:21 PM
dempsey is such a waste of space.. he had one good season but otherwise he was always second rate and he certainly proving his lack of worth now...
the other thing is he doesn't really try hard enough, he never did, he was the low light at portsmouth, he was even less good today

richardson... must be the worst full back we have had in the premiership... swansea targeted him over and over and he never failed to improve swansea's chances.. he is useless

whilst these two continue to be picked we are gifting the opposition a two goal lead... they are useless.
That's just rubbish. I don't understand how any Fulham fan, whatever their feelings about Dempsey are, can say that. Scoring more goals during one season compared to his others, when he was usually also top scorer, does not equal 'one good season'.

Robbie

Dempsey over Kasami is the mistake of the season, followed by keeping Berbatov at the club

nose

Quote from: EJL on January 28, 2014, 10:27:47 PM

That's just rubbish. I don't understand how any Fulham fan, whatever their feelings about Dempsey are, can say that. Scoring more goals during one season compared to his others, when he was usually also top scorer, does not equal 'one good season'.

sorry he (dempsey) is not all that and on top of everything he is lazy.
he scored a load of goals when he played well in his last season but prior to that he was very second rate... at best a squad player

he is now completely useless because he was never that good in the first place. roy certainly had him strictly as a subsitute or squad player... he had his chances because he filled in for roy nort because he was foirst choice.. even V juve the scene of his greatest triumph, he came off the bench, roy prefered an injured bobby to fully fit dempsey.

nose

Quote from: filham on January 28, 2014, 10:24:07 PM
On the link I watched the half time stats showed that Swansea launched two or three times the number of attacks down their right flank as opposed to their left.

Teams have been targeting our weak left flank all season.

yes, when richardson plays JAR is proper defender and the same does not happen. he may be past his best but is way superior to richardson

Jamie88

Quote from: nose on January 28, 2014, 10:48:40 PM

he scored a load of goals when he played well in his last season but prior to that he was very second rate... at best a squad player

he is now completely useless because he was never that good in the first place. roy certainly had him strictly as a subsitute or squad player... he had his chances because he filled in for roy nort because he was foirst choice.. even V juve the scene of his greatest triumph, he came off the bench, roy prefered an injured bobby to fully fit dempsey.

He returned from an injury the day he scored against Juve..

epsomraver

That is very true and Dempsey didn't start in the final either.

MiltonBurrows

Can't believe how different we looked in the 2 halves. We were really positive in 1st halve and carried a constant threat with us looking solid at the back with richardson seemingly having hernandez in his pocket. I actually thought we could get something, but i'm not sure what Rene said in the dressing room but we looked a completely different side in 2nd. Flat, uninspired and toothless. We were unlucky with Voldemorts goal, but it was coming with the way we were playing. The days are getting darker at the moment...
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

nose

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 28, 2014, 10:51:15 PM

He returned from an injury the day he scored against Juve..

no he didn't i have been through all that before, he was 100% fit for the match and was just not roy's first choice. his so called injury was much earlier iun the season and turned out to be not much at all.

HatterDon

and you single out the two players who did the most to give us a half hour of good football in the first half.  Along with Dejagah, they did an excellent job.

I don't understand what some of you guys think you're watching.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on January 28, 2014, 11:43:34 PM
and you single out the two players who did the most to give us a half hour of good football in the first half.  Along with Dejagah, they did an excellent job.

I don't understand what some of you guys think you're watching.

Dempsey ran the channels, defended, made attacking moves to the goal and took shots...something everyone on the team who isn't named Sidwell, seems to be afraid to do. Dempsey lacks some fitness but he did what was expected.

I thought Richardson played well also, though many around him did not. I must have seen a different match as well.

Aaron

Richardson had a good first half.  He also delivered a killer free kick.  He screwed that up in the second half though, but so did everyone else.

Dempsey had a couple of moments, but his return wasn't really ever supposed to bolster the squad I don't think.  It was more about giving him a sort of testimonial and run-in to the world cup.  He looked alright to be honest..

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: Aaron on January 29, 2014, 12:17:00 AM
Richardson had a good first half.  He also delivered a killer free kick.  He screwed that up in the second half though, but so did everyone else.

Dempsey had a couple of moments, but his return wasn't really ever supposed to bolster the squad I don't think.  It was more about giving him a sort of testimonial and run-in to the world cup.  He looked alright to be honest..

Agreed. Not sure what happened in the second half, looked like Rene had just given them the news that the MJ statue was returning.

YankeeJim

The BIG problems today were two things: Berbatov & the substitutions. Any and every attack was slowed to a crawl by Berbatov either walking back from his last stroll up the pitch or standing at the sidelines for some unknown reason. Now this is a useless player! Why Duffers came on when we needed to attack is something I don't understand. Why the Iranian came off at all is another thing I don't understand. Berba should have come off as soon as they scored.

Riggie, don't defend Dempsey. The fact that he is the leading Fulham scorer in the modern era is something nose couldn't sniff out and granddad doesn't remember. We had a total let down in the second half, center mids who couldn't find anything except a white shirt, poor substitutions,  a left back that never came back from lunch and a substitute striker who couldn't score if their keeper had gone to lunch with Richardson & the cancer that is Berbatov and its all Dempsey's fault. No agenda here.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 29, 2014, 12:30:55 AM
The BIG problems today were two things: Berbatov & the substitutions. Any and every attack was slowed to a crawl by Berbatov either walking back from his last stroll up the pitch or standing at the sidelines for some unknown reason. Now this is a useless player! Why Duffers came on when we needed to attack is something I don't understand. Why the Iranian came off at all is another thing I don't understand. Berba should have come off as soon as they scored.

Riggie, don't defend Dempsey. The fact that he is the leading Fulham scorer in the modern era is something nose couldn't sniff out and granddad doesn't remember. We had a total let down in the second half, center mids who couldn't find anything except a white shirt, poor substitutions,  a left back that never came back from lunch and a substitute striker who couldn't score if their keeper had gone to lunch with Richardson & the cancer that is Berbatov and its all Dempsey's fault. No agenda here.

I thought Dempsey and Berba linked up OK in the 1st half. I think the problem is more Berbatov than Dempsey though. I think the barrage is a little harsh on him, he was never going to set the world alight. He was brought in to bulken up the squad over a busy period. Playing him with Berba really doesn't compliment him.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Aaron on January 29, 2014, 12:17:00 AM
Richardson had a good first half.  He also delivered a killer free kick.  He screwed that up in the second half though, but so did everyone else.

Dempsey had a couple of moments, but his return wasn't really ever supposed to bolster the squad I don't think.  It was more about giving him a sort of testimonial and run-in to the world cup.  He looked alright to be honest..
I agree, Richardson did really well until they brought on a fresh Nathan Dyer and he lost Kaca's cover once they took Dejegah off and moved Dempsey to left mid. No wonder Richardson got skinned towards the end. Dempsey was ineffective and once the insane sub of taking off Ashkan and Bent brought on they were a man over in midfield and we were dead and buried. Add tiring ineffective Parker and Sidwell, we get deeper by the minute, they line up to take shots and two deflections kill us. Midfield is weak so adding Bent and putting more pressure on the two guys in CM was pure insanity. I have to say that if this is the 'experience' that RM was getting from Butch and Curbs its experience we do not need..
Quark, strangeness and charm