watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker is so overrated

Started by Pluto, January 28, 2014, 10:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

Yes he's by no means the worst offender but the glowing praise he receives on here is ridiculous.

He doesn't shield the defence. He doesn't contribute to the attack. He doesn't dominate the middle. He's poor in the air. He doesn't score goals. He's slow. Yes he's tidy and tries hard, which makes him better than most of our current crop, but for 3.5m on a 3 year deal WHAT DOES HE ACTUALLY OFFER?! At least Sidwell gets in good positions and scores goals.

We need a player who can ping balls around, shield the defence from deep and dominate the middle of the park. We need someone with technical ability who can dictate the tempo of the game and make things tick. Danny Murphy basically. If I were Rene I'd be looking for an upgrade sooner rather than later. Not saying Parker is useless but he's just a grafter and we should've got someone more effective in the summer (like Huddlestone- at the risk of sounding like a broken record).

Arthur

Parker was poor tonight, without a doubt. He and Sidwell made next-to-no-impact on the game.

Macedo

Quite agree, vastly overrated, slow and
Passed sell by date..And so area few others.

epsomraver

Quote from: Arthur on January 28, 2014, 10:26:50 PM
Parker was poor tonight, without a doubt. He and Sidwell made next-to-no-impact on the game.

who did.

callumc513

I'm not the biggest Parker fan but this seems unfair. Why criticise a consistently good performer this season for what seemed like a terrible performance from the entire team?

epsomraver

Quote from: callumc513 on January 28, 2014, 10:37:23 PM
I'm not the biggest Parker fan but this seems unfair. Why criticise a consistently good performer this season for what seemed like a terrible performance from the entire team?

:plus one:

nose

Quote from: epsomraver on January 28, 2014, 10:48:07 PM
Quote from: callumc513 on January 28, 2014, 10:37:23 PM

:plus one:

it wasn't me but i agree those two were very poor and without the energy of kasami or even karagounis the centre of our midfield is far to pedestrian... i think this is curbs and wilkins influence,, they should go because we have been worse since they arrived and BECAUSE they arrived.

Drake44444

I agree, he just kind of stands back and does very little in front of the defense.   Their team had so much space in front of the defense. 

Max Headroom

Sidwell isn't comfortable enough on the ball. Parker had no one to pass to.

The fact that berbatov and Dempsey weren't tracking back and defending meant that there were huge gaps in front of the defence.

When shelves scored berbatov was ten yards away just not moving.

Don't blame Parker.....

Me-ate-Live, innit??

If Zorba  had come on for the 2nd half instead of Parker, would the result have been the same ???

fulhamben

Quote from: Max Headroom on January 28, 2014, 11:09:54 PM
Sidwell isn't comfortable enough on the ball. Parker had no one to pass to.

The fact that berbatov and Dempsey weren't tracking back and defending meant that there were huge gaps in front of the defence.

When shelves scored berbatov was ten yards away just not moving.

Don't blame Parker.....
you don't have to blame parker, but In no way can you blame a striker for not picking up an attacking midfielder.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: KCat on January 28, 2014, 11:11:27 PM
If Zorba  had come on for the 2nd half instead of Parker, would the result have been the same ???
no
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Texas White

:Haynes The Maestro:
Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2014, 11:12:38 PM
Quote from: KCat on January 28, 2014, 11:11:27 PM
If Zorba  had come on for the 2nd half instead of Parker, would the result have been the same ???
no

He should have come on for dempsey.

St Eve

Interesting title as I have been thinking exactly the same thing. He huffs and he puffs, he tries and he gives 100per cent. But is he effective? I am not convinced. Karagoinis does in 1 move that would take Parker 6 moves.

HatterDon

Quote from: St Eve on January 29, 2014, 01:58:55 AM
Interesting title as I have been thinking exactly the same thing. He huffs and he puffs, he tries and he gives 100per cent. But is he effective? I am not convinced. Karagoinis does in 1 move that would take Parker 6 moves.

True, but Parker can fall down without screaming, rolling over 53 times, raising his fists to the heavens and shouting at the ref [in Greek] "I've been shot. Do something!"

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

St Eve

Quote from: HatterDon on January 29, 2014, 02:50:25 AM
Quote from: St Eve on January 29, 2014, 01:58:55 AM
Interesting title as I have been thinking exactly the same thing. He huffs and he puffs, he tries and he gives 100per cent. But is he effective? I am not convinced.. Karagoinis does in 1 move that would take Parker 6 moves.

True, but Parker can fall down without screaming, rolling over 53 times, raising his fists to the heavens and shouting at the ref [in Greek] "I've been shot. Do something!"

and he can't act. Another plus for Kara

Logicalman

Quote from: Pluto on January 28, 2014, 10:21:05 PM
Yes he's by no means the worst offender but the glowing praise he receives on here is ridiculous.

He doesn't shield the defence. He doesn't contribute to the attack. He doesn't dominate the middle. He's poor in the air. He doesn't score goals. He's slow. Yes he's tidy and tries hard, which makes him better than most of our current crop, but for 3.5m on a 3 year deal WHAT DOES HE ACTUALLY OFFER?! At least Sidwell gets in good positions and scores goals.

We need a player who can ping balls around, shield the defence from deep and dominate the middle of the park. We need someone with technical ability who can dictate the tempo of the game and make things tick. Danny Murphy basically. If I were Rene I'd be looking for an upgrade sooner rather than later. Not saying Parker is useless but he's just a grafter and we should've got someone more effective in the summer (like Huddlestone- at the risk of sounding like a broken record).

He may be all those things, but he's a better player and captain than that shirt-hanger we have at the back .. when you talk of a waste of good oxygen, then that's the person you should rant about. Yet again, back turned to the ball when it hit him and went in. No idea of positioning, missed balls coming in high over the area, was caught out not picking up players, more passing back to keeper than forwards, and when he did lump it forwards, that's all it was, a lump to no-one.