watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Relegation - Silver Linings

Started by DukeTyrion, January 29, 2014, 11:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeTyrion

Ok, now relegation is rarely a good thing, or particularly nice, but there are a few slim silver linings.

I would like to use this thread to try and think of a few positives that may come out of relegation. Please do not post any doom and gloom stuff, there is enough other threads for that. So, silver linings;

1) We will get to bring the youngsters through

2) We might win more away games

3) Ticket prices may come down slightly

4) Easier to get tickets

5) We won't need subscriptions to Sky and BT Sports

6) We might get to Wembley (Play offs)

Please feel free to add any you can think of. It's not going to be nice going down (if we do go down), but there has to be a few good elements to it.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

rusty shackleford

MJG

I dont believe that ST's will go down. The price might stay the same with 4 extra games but dont believe you will see a actual cost reduction.

Northern Cottager

Plenty of local away games for me!

westcliff white

cant see the cost of tickets going down, my fear is if we go down it will be for a while and we may well drop further.
Every day is a Fulham day

grandad

I remember the farce over the flags lining the back of the riverside terrace.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Baszab

Let's hope we drop right down to the fourth division - then the games will be fun - local derby v Wimbledon etc etc

Twig

Loads of space and choice of empty seats.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: westcliff white on January 29, 2014, 12:00:07 PM
cant see the cost of tickets going down, my fear is if we go down it will be for a while and we may well drop further.

Owner with $3b in his back pocket and us playing in League One

Baszab

NFL games will be fun on the newly laid 3G pitch

Nero

have something to play for instead of just survival every year,

Baszab

Bring back Jol in a master stroke so he can rebuild a team with fluid Dutch-style football

Aaron

1) Some great away fixtures.

2) Actually having something to play for besides stagnation and equilibrium.

3) The cups all of a sudden become romantic again as instead of being potential giant killer targets we can do some giant killing of our own.

4) More games.

5) It's the only way we're going to see a brand new squad anytime soon.  Kara, Duff and Hughes would be playing into their 50's here otherwise.

I honestly don't care about survival in the Premier League anymore.. I'm borderline embracing relegation :)

Aaron

Quote from: Baszab on January 29, 2014, 12:17:37 PM
Bring back Jol in a master stroke so he can rebuild a team with fluid Dutch-style football

It's okay Baszab.  Don't worry.

Next season you can get off at Fulham Broadway instead of Putney Bridge on your way to matches.  You'll enjoy that a lot more.

Baszab

Seeing as I have been going since 1963 and have 5 season tickets in the same seats for the last 30 years I doubt that I would switch allegiance to Chelsea - however I am amazed beyond belief that anyone who knows anything about football or loves FFC could ever think there would be "silver linings " in being relegated

St Eve

Aaron

Quote from: Baszab on January 29, 2014, 12:23:12 PM
Seeing as I have been going since 1963 and have 5 season tickets in the same seats for the last 30 years I doubt that I would switch allegiance to Chelsea - however I am amazed beyond belief that anyone who knows anything about football or loves FFC could ever think there would be "silver linings " in being relegated

It seems to be where we are heading though and arguably have been since Mark Hughes handed in his notice..  I'd as soon get on with it while we have a great youth setup behind us to be honest..

Baszab

But we will struggle to retain the youth setup as well in the Championship - when these guys get to the contract stage - they won't want to be at a second division club (assuming they are that good) - (maybe they're only as good as the U21 management team coaches them)

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Baszab on January 29, 2014, 12:23:12 PM

Obviously you have missed the point of the thread completely.

Relegation is a very big dark cloud, but on the edges there has to be some good to be found in it, like everything in life.

Perhaps it would be better if you kept your thoughts in one of the other 100 negative threads, and at least allow some of us a little hope, that there may be some good to come in the future.