watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BBC Web site link with Kostas Mitroglou

Started by nose, January 29, 2014, 12:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Fulham are also understood to be interested in signing Olympiakos striker Kostas Mitroglou, with a reported £11.5m offer made to the Greek club.

"I can't really discuss [Mitroglou] at this time, because I need to have a chat with [Fulham chief executive] Alistair Mackintosh," added the Fulham manager.

"He will know exactly what the situation is regarding the player."

I have never heard of him and the last two big money signings we made were both duds
Anybody know anything?

leonffc

There was a massive topic about this yesterday mate but it has probably been shunted down the pages after last nights performance.
I agree though, a lot of money for someone playing in a poor league

Whiteroom

I have spoken with some of my Greek family (who support Olympiacos) and apparently he is very very good. He has bee good across all platforms in his career - at numerous clubs and internationally. This would be quite amazing if we pulled it off.

nose

Quote from: leonffc on January 29, 2014, 12:44:59 PM
There was a massive topic about this yesterday mate but it has probably been shunted down the pages after last nights performance.
I agree though, a lot of money for someone playing in a poor league

oh yes, I just found the thread on the next page thank you.

The Equalizer

He got 14 goals in 33 games for Borussia Munchengladbach.

He's a big lump too, so will scare the piss out of most defenders in this country.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

filham

This transfer rumour is mentioned on today's BBC text gossip column so the rumour hasn't been killed off yet. There is a picture of the guy on www.goal. com and if he can give us a goal for every tattoo on his arms we will do well out of him.

I tend to ignore  transfer rumours as I am sure most of them are just journalistic speculation but am inclined to think that with the window closing in two or three days time there could just be some truth in this one.

Furby

SSN have even said his representatives are in London today to finalise things. Hopefully it's so far advanced there's no turning back and it's the first of a few very good signings.

Scrumpy

Quote from: nose on January 29, 2014, 12:42:06 PM
Fulham are also understood to be interested in signing Olympiakos striker Kostas Mitroglou, with a reported £11.5m offer made to the Greek club.

"I can't really discuss [Mitroglou] at this time, because I need to have a chat with [Fulham chief executive] Alistair Mackintosh," added the Fulham manager.

I have never heard of him and the last two big money signings we made were both duds
Anybody know anything?

Not a criticism of you, but maybe some other posters. If we sign any player for that kind of money, then Khan deserves credit for investing his money. If the player fails, then it is hardly Khan's fault. Fingers crossed for this one, which will show intent by Shahid. Fingers crossed too, that the lad can play a bit!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Furby

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 29, 2014, 01:21:58 PM

Anybody know anything?

Not a criticism of you, but maybe some other posters. If we sign any player for that kind of money, then Khan deserves credit for investing his money. If the player fails, then it is hardly Khan's fault. Fingers crossed for this one, which will show intent by Shahid. Fingers crossed too, that the lad can play a bit!

Well said Scrumpy  :plus one:

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Furby on January 29, 2014, 01:23:57 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on January 29, 2014, 01:21:58 PM

Anybody know anything?

Well said Scrumpy  :plus one:

He'd be a great start but I fear we may be to close to the deadline to sign plenty of quality.

FPT

I think he's around 6ft 2, but the way he can put himself about makes him look bigger. He's got fantastic skill for a player of his size and style, and I know it sounds cliché, but he can score all sorts of goals with either foot.

Unlike Bryan Ruiz, he looks physically set for the Premier League, also he has the experience of scoring goals at International and Champions League level, so I don't think he'll look out of depth either.

I think this is a very good signing, to be fair, I thought the same about Bryan Ruiz, and too young to really have an opinion on signing Steve Marlet (2001, I'd have been 5/6). If this guy hits the ground running, we stay up.