News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how long was the game from a fulham team perspective?...

Started by Tktd, January 30, 2010, 05:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

I'd say they turned up for about 5-10 mins in total today! Reminded me of Lawrie Sanchez era - we hardly threatened them one bit and were running around like headless chickens whilst passing the ball more often then not to the villa team!

Stephen Kelly is crap and I say it everytime he plays - not at all suprised both goals again came from the side he was playing - a massive liability  and the only players to come out of it unscathed from criticism was murphy and baird and they weren't amazing by any stretch of the imagination either.

What a waste of £40... the first time i've left early in years.... Sad times - Is the europa league finally catching up with us? Was it worth it to play and probably lose to shaktar - we're now 4/5 games without a premiership win - make that haven't won in the league this year!

Okaka will come in - anyone else? I doubt it - should be more though. Also selling smalling looked like a bargain on todays performance especially if it was for £12 mill.

Oh dear - where's the whiskey!

Burt

I watched it on ESPN in my hotel bedroom here in the US. Most disappointing.

To cheer myself up I tried posting an image on WN's "how to post an image" link and it worked, so that made me feel a bit better.

So to all you folk who need cheering up, here goes nothing...

LRCN

I dunno, we weren't that bad. first half was even and in the second half did villa have a shot on goal? Don't think so. We dominated posession but these defensive errors are creeping into our game more consistently now, which will surely worry roy. we're badly missing konch pantsil and dempsey who are massive in our attacking play. all in all we deserved a draw, and I was well disappointed with the boos at the end.

SuffolkWhite

I could be wrong, but is the expectation too big from us fans. Last season we punched above our weight and it was a fantastic season. We are an established premier league team but we are not loaded with money! So when we have several players out we wont be 100%. I would rather we only had to get another 13-16 pts to stay up and still be in two Cups than be down the bottom of this league with only relegation to worry about. Roy will turn it around no worries. 
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on January 30, 2010, 05:54:08 PM
I could be wrong, but is the expectation too big from us fans. Last season we punched above our weight and it was a fantastic season. We are an established premier league team but we are not loaded with money! So when we have several players out we wont be 100%. I would rather we only had to get another 13-16 pts to stay up and still be in two Cups than be down the bottom of this league with only relegation to worry about. Roy will turn it around no worries. 

Nah, we punched to our weight, not above it IMO. We are capable of 6th/8th every year. To finish 4th is punching above our weight.
The Dude abides.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Lork on January 30, 2010, 05:46:18 PM
I dunno, we weren't that bad. first half was even and in the second half did villa have a shot on goal? Don't think so. We dominated posession but these defensive errors are creeping into our game more consistently now, which will surely worry roy. we're badly missing konch pantsil and dempsey who are massive in our attacking play. all in all we deserved a draw, and I was well disappointed with the boos at the end.

I agree. First half we were dire - couldn't keep the ball for more than a couple of passes but second half I thought we had the best possession, we just weren't that good in and around the box (Zamora wasn't in the box enough, he always seem to be the one keeping the play and crossing it in).

Very very disappointed indeed by the boos - the loudest I've heard for a while, completely uncalled for.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Nobody could put it in the net and we were getting destroyed down the wings
Kelly not good enough,Baird out of position ,me fed up :(

Fernhurst

DIDN'T EVEN GO FOR A PINT, headed straight off down the A3 miserable as sin ( don't know why,,,, it was the score I predicted)

I felt they played us like the little lad trying desperately to swing punches at you while being held at arms length by the forehead leaning inwards puffing and blowing but ultimately no danger at all.

For them I thought Cuellar was impressive and Agbonlahor made a mug of our central defensive partnership individually. Smalling for the first goal and Hageland for the second.

Confidence is a tangible matter and Villa had in spades, how will ours be if we lose to Pompey on Wednesday night??????????????????????????

SuffolkWhite

I have to disagree CCD about 6-8th every season. Our best ever season was last season in 7th in the top flight and the season before we just avoided relegation. 

I just don't see how we can compete financially with Citeh,Spuds,Villa etc not to mention newly financed Brum. Top 10 this season would be an achievement and good cup runs.

I think the disappointing January has come hard after a fantastic December when most of us were on a crest of a wave.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Ag

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on January 30, 2010, 06:01:42 PM
Nah, we punched to our weight, not above it IMO. We are capable of 6th/8th every year. To finish 4th is punching above our weight.

I put together the numbers based on our resources (revenue earned, money spent on wages, attendance and capacity) compared to the rest of the league on FUSA once upon a time and we come in around 14th in most seasons.  I think you can reasonably hope for a mid-table finish, but beyond that we're most definitely punching above our weight.

PokerMatt

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on January 30, 2010, 06:01:42 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on January 30, 2010, 05:54:08 PM

Had a few disagreements with you in the chat room after the game, and I don't agree here either. We are capable of top half finish every year, but no way are we stronger than these teams for a start: United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa, Everton, Spurs. Those are teams that as it stands should finish above us every year, so 9th really is a great season... above that (like last year) is punching above our weight considering the resources of us and those above us! We are still, financially at least, a small PL club, our "weight" is not yet 6th-8th. One day yes, but I prefer perspective, we will finish in a reasonable, and expected, mid-table position
Follow me: @mattdjourno

alfie

Sorry i just cant understand this punching above/below our weight business, if we finish 9th 8th 7th etc then it is because we have earned the points to be there, if we finish 18th 19th 20th etc it is becaujse we have'nt earned the points.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't