watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Might as well give up now

Started by Jimmy Hill, January 29, 2014, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Hill

That seems to be the message we as Fulham Fans are giving out. Ok the latest run of games have been difficult but there are positives.
1. we are in touch with 10 other teams not cut a drift
2. Its seems are new centre back pair know what they are doing
3. Were being linked with a new striker.
4. Still in the Fa Cup with a good draw if we get through could make it to Wembley for the 1st time in 40 years
5. Our youth team looks pretty good and are creating competition for places without the need to get extra squad players.

Lets all get behind the team on Saturday for 90 Mins sing your hearts out and get some positive energy into this club.
We can do this BELIEVE

Robbie

Is there anything you have seen all season to support this??   I don't think a new player (s) will help. We could drop Berbatov and Dempsey .... then stick with the same basic team to the end

Chesh

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on January 29, 2014, 06:11:12 PM
That seems to be the message we as Fulham Fans are giving out. Ok the latest run of games have been difficult but there are positives.
1. we are in touch with 10 other teams not cut a drift
2. Its seems are new centre back pair know what they are doing
3. Were being linked with a new striker.
4. Still in the Fa Cup with a good draw if we get through could make it to Wembley for the 1st time in 40 years
5. Our youth team looks pretty good and are creating competition for places without the need to get extra squad players.

Lets all get behind the team on Saturday for 90 Mins sing your hearts out and get some positive energy into this club.
We can do this BELIEVE
Well said - my thoughts as well.

It doesn't look good, but the only way we can help is to get behind the team to try and inspire them to a much needed win - the belief of the fans is a sizeable factor to a home team.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Max Headroom

We are in the mire..... And how we are not well adrift is beyond me as we have been awful...... But.... I agree with the comments above. If we have a good few days in the transfer window and then win on Saturday the mood will change.

Think positive....

Jack Fulham

I'm pretty much resigned to relegation now but I'll be there on saturday attempting to cheer the team on...

Jimmy Hill

Quote from: Robbie on January 29, 2014, 06:23:26 PM
Is there anything you have seen all season to support this??   I don't think a new player (s) will help. We could drop Berbatov and Dempsey .... then stick with the same basic team to the end

Robbie this is my point, There isnt a lot, the team aren't giving us much to cheer so we need to step up. we might as well be positive and try and push this team over the line. We as fans can set an example to the team and say were not giving up, we got a chance, close that man down win that extra throw in.

If we resign to relegation then thats what we will get if we say we got a chance then we got a chance.   

SP

It's unbelievable considering how awful we've been that we're not in the relegation zone & there are 3 teams beneath us (as at 19:48).

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

If we don't sign a creative CM or permanently adopt the 433 formation Rene was using before Curbishley and Wilkins showed up, I don't see how we win another game. A midfield 2 of Parker and Sidwell isn't going to cut it no matter how many millions we spend on new strikers.

Furby

Quote from: SP on January 29, 2014, 07:49:08 PM
It's unbelievable considering how awful we've been that we're not in the relegation zone & there are 3 teams beneath us (as at 19:48).

That's exactly it, and those teams have been on good runs this season already, where as we haven't had ours yet. Every team has a good run, I'm hoping we have ours just at the right time.

Lighthouse

Nobody is giving up but this idea that we are not becoming cut off from the teams above us is silly. We are 4 points adrift of the teams above us because of our poor GD. We are coming upto tough matches after a run of so called easier games. How long will it take us to get four points and hope somebody else loses all their matches.

Be positive but be sensible. We are in the last 48 hours of our transfer window. Who knows what thrills and spills will happen? But right now, as of this moment. We are as good as down.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Chesh

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 29, 2014, 08:09:07 PM
Nobody is giving up but this idea that we are not becoming cut off from the teams above us is silly. We are 4 points adrift of the teams above us because of our poor GD. We are coming upto tough matches after a run of so called easier games. How long will it take us to get four points and hope somebody else loses all their matches.

Be positive but be sensible. We are in the last 48 hours of our transfer window. Who knows what thrills and spills will happen? But right now, as of this moment. We are as good as down.
The reason I still have hope is mostly because we only have to finish 17th , not 16th, which is why I think the 'cut adrift' notion is a bit misleading.

Anyway, I think we have a fighting chance of finishing above Cardiff, West Ham, Sunderland, Stoke and West Brom, and have a look at Norwich's last 4 games after they play us (if we are within 5 points of them come that period, then it could well be game on.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Jims Dentist

Agree we have to try to stay positive, however there are just too many players in the sqaud who are just not regularly up to EPL standard ( due to age, lack of ability/pace, or poor attitude ).

FFCSteve

Everyone is negative because of our position.
Were not getting any points from the games where we could.
Were struggling to score goals from our chances.
Goal difference will kill us in the end.
Other teams around us are getting something from their games.

The only positive I can see is were playing football now under Rene! Sooner probably would have made the difference!

It just doesn't look good!

I see nothing but support at the games I have attended.
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!