https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Holtby: Merged

Started by nose, January 29, 2014, 08:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

on the subs bench tonight... that doesn't suggest he is leaving

Pluto

Realistically I just don't see it happening.  It's just too good to be true.

Brede Butter Pudding

Cappoue is also on the bench, and he's been linked with a move away from Spurs for a lot longer than Holtby.

Only yesterday Sherwood said he understands Holby's frustration at not playing and wouldn't stand in his way if he wanted to leave. I wouldn't read too much into him being on the bench tonight - he's a spurs player still and should an injury occur he might be needed tonight. Unless there's a significant injury to a creative Spurs player tonight, I can still see him leaving. It has been reported that he's interested in the move by a few reliable sources too (The Times, Telegraph etc.)

Julius Geezer

Sherwood has said he's the only one he expects to leave as the boy wants first team football.

Apparently the club who loans him will have to pay his £70,000 a week.

jmh

Quote from: Pluto on January 29, 2014, 08:36:37 PM
Realistically I just don't see it happening.  It's just too good to be true.

Sky published an article earlier quoting Holtby's agent as saying that he expects Holtby will be on his way out this window, at least on a loan.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9140194/agent-of-lewis-holtby-expects-german-to-leave-tottenham

hovewhite

Would be a good signing not only young but a bit of quality about him to boot.

Jamie88

I feel that based on the fact we are a London club, this could be possible. Spurs say he can go on loan, he'll want first team football, we can easily give him that and he wont have to move too far from where he is now.

Not saying its as simple as that, but I can see it happening..

Riverside

Just come on as a sub

jj____

I know he wants minutes, but is there anything you guy's have seen that links him to us? I'd love to have him

Julius Geezer

Quote from: jj____ on January 29, 2014, 09:31:56 PM
I know he wants minutes, but is there anything you guy's have seen that links him to us? I'd love to have him

Just type Holtby and Fulham into Google mate.

Legate21

As much as I'd love for this to happen, I'm fed up with us doing favours for Spurs. Can we not get a permanent transfer clause written into the loan if we are gonna bother at all.

JDH101

Quote from: Legate21 on January 29, 2014, 10:09:10 PM
As much as I'd love for this to happen, I'm fed up with us doing favours for Spurs. Can we not get a permanent transfer clause written into the loan if we are gonna bother at all.

In our current situation I care very little about what we are doing to help other clubs - if we can get Holby in for the rest of the season - GET HIM. Anything else about the situation I could not give a crap about.

Burt

Something on the Beeb. We loan him, Berbatov goes the other way.

Berserker

I was talking to a Spurs fan tonight and he wasn't pleased they may get Berber back
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Quote from: Berserker on January 29, 2014, 10:52:33 PM
I was talking to a Spurs fan tonight and he wasn't pleased they may get Berber back

He was probably mardy cos they got tonked :)

jj____

Quote from: Julius Geezer on January 29, 2014, 09:52:22 PM

Just type Holtby and Fulham into Google mate.
Would have done that.  I was at work so I was just refreshing threads on here.  Anyway I took your advice and I'm into what I see

tonynorton

He is going back to Germany

leonffc

Holtby is also being linked to Villa on TalkSport this morning. Not the most reliable source I know but as reliable as any others are at this stage of the window. And probably more reliable than most 'sources' that get used on here all year round

RoyTund

I think midfield is the crux of our problems.  I'd be prepared to lose Berba if it meant Holtby in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2548211/Holtby-eyes-Fulham-Tottenham-bid-Berbatov-loan-swap-deal.html

TonyGilroy

I'd be prepared to lose Berbatov if he'd take half our squad with him.