watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

poyet

Started by nose, January 29, 2014, 10:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

the people that told me jol was a great/good/safge pair of hands/experieinced manager and would be OK but Poyet was hopless/inexperienced at this level... and there were loads of them

what say you now?

we should have gus when we had the chance, do not get me wrong i like rene, and in the long run suspect he will be far superior, but right now i wonder if poyet's tunnel vision is better than rene being led off the straight and narrow by wilkins and curbs. in any event poyet is proving a great acquisition at sunderland, i feel sure they will survive.

God The Mechanic

Poyet was never an option though.  When he was available the position wasn't, when the position was he wasn't.

westcliff white

His actions at palace when manager of Brighton where reprehensible, not sure I would ever want him at fulham
Every day is a Fulham day

PokerMatt

Awful man. And I stick by my comments at the time.

We have more class than to appoint a manager who in the wake of a playoff defeat the first thing he did was put himself in the shop window.

Look at the cheats Sunderland have become. It's no coincidence. We're a better club than him premier league or not.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Bassey the warrior

I say the guy is, if not racist, then certainly an apologist for racism and a bit of a d**k in general. Decent manager though it can't be denied. Having said that it's really just one player namely Adam Johnson that has got them out of the relegation zone, with any luck Mitroglou will do the same for us. Hopefully we'll have a few players coming in that can make a real difference. I have faith in Rene, I like the guy.

nose

dear me
none of what he was accused of was ever more than journalistic ravings
true he was an appologist for suarez but they are countrymen

jol was the worst sort of unpleasant bully boy and should have gone for that alone

but this thread was about poyet's ability as a manager and the people that said he was no good and too inexperienced.

Lighthouse

I did want and would have been happy with Poyet. BUT I am not sure he could have done anything with us. The Jol legacy and the team itself was beyond help. I also said that at the time.

We have a good coach now and I am more than happy with him. Yes mistakes are made but that's life.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

west kowloon white

There was something distasteful about his Brighton exit....still reckon well clear of.
Sad that the likes of him and Pullis have become a preferred choice to run FFC by many.

PokerMatt

Quote from: nose on January 29, 2014, 11:23:28 PM
dear me
none of what he was accused of was ever more than journalistic ravings
true he was an appologist for suarez but they are countrymen

jol was the worst sort of unpleasant bully boy and should have gone for that alone

but this thread was about poyet's ability as a manager and the people that said he was no good and too inexperienced.

Obviously it was more because it led to his dismissal by Brighton. We don't know what happened but it's clear he was a bad egg.

I never questioned his managerial ability (except the players who have openly said that he bullies them in training) but I don't care how good he is, he's not classy enough for fulham.

Listen to how often he's defended Suarez for proof of that.

K33NY

never liked him and never wanted him here and hope he never comes here either

epsomraver

Quote from: K33NY on January 30, 2014, 09:00:32 AM

based on what? why do people say these things but never reason as how they come to their conclusion?

PokerMatt

Quote from: epsomraver on January 30, 2014, 09:09:48 AM

based on what? why do people say these things but never reason as how they come to their conclusion?

Read above. I've given reasons.

TonyGilroy

Whether or not we stay up I think Muelensteen seems like a good fit for us.

Given time I can see him replicating Hodgson's tenure. He seems like a guy that will want to build something rather than just provide a short term boost.

Poyet's doing well with Sunderland and probably would have done with us but I wouldn't swop him for Rene.

epsomraver

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 30, 2014, 09:11:04 AM

Where ? just repeating unsubstantiated rubbish from the gutter press, you don't know the man, you don't see the great job he did at Brighton? If what he had supposed to have done was ever proved why is he still a manager? look at Sunderland, well adrift and now above us, last thing the remark was not addressed to you any way. As TG says i would not swop him for Renee now but at the time he would have been what we needed to replace JOl

PokerMatt

Fair enough I assumed I was "people" in your remark.

By your reasoning no one ever knows anything that happens at any club. It's all speculation.

I don't deny he did well on the pitch for Brighton, but I live near and saw them several times under him and the fans by the end couldn't stand his arrogance or that he fell out with lots of players.

His comments after the playoff defeat aren't speculation because there are such things as cameras. Also that he was dismissed for gross misconduct without an appeal is more than speculation.

Yes he may play good (dull) football and archive success. But as I've said I'd rather be fulham, and with that means we stay clear of such awful people to manage us.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 30, 2014, 09:23:38 AM
I don't deny he did well on the pitch for Brighton, but I live near and saw them several times under him and the fans by the end couldn't stand his arrogance or that he fell out with lots of players.

So... a successful (in the Championship) Jol? ;)

PokerMatt

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 30, 2014, 09:26:07 AM
Quote from: PokerMatt on January 30, 2014, 09:23:38 AM

So... a successful (in the Championship) Jol? ;)

If you like yes, haha.

Even with how well they were doing you'd be surprised how many of their fans sounded like so many of ours - "Pass it forwards!" being the most obvious one when they needed a goal.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: epsomraver on January 30, 2014, 09:18:11 AM

Where ? just repeating unsubstantiated rubbish from the gutter press, you don't know the man, you don't see the great job he did at Brighton? If what he had supposed to have done was ever proved why is he still a manager? look at Sunderland, well adrift and now above us, last thing the remark was not addressed to you any way. As TG says i would not swop him for Renee now but at the time he would have been what we needed to replace JOl

Behave epsom. Joining in every single possible post you can to grate on someone. First grade .....

FFC1987

Not sure what the point of this post is other than to try and wind people up. Talk about gutter talk....

epsomraver

Quote from: Northern Cottager on January 30, 2014, 09:29:31 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 30, 2014, 09:18:11 AM

Behave epsom. Joining in every single possible post you can to grate on someone. First grade .....

Opps  sorry I thought that was what a forum was for? If everybody did what you do up North and just grunt then it would be a boring forum to be on, got that ferret out your trousers yet? :016: