News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Doesn't matter which forward we sign - they need service !

Started by howitis, January 30, 2014, 09:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Don't want to dampen people's enthusiasm for an £11m CF but even if he can hit the ground running in the Prem (few have) he will have to have a bundle of solo goals in his repertoire to help us.
Berbatov has been completely starved of service as has any forward to put on the shirt.

I'm afraid creativity is at a premium at our club and whilst Tarabt has not really done the business at least he had the ability to unlock defences. We are left with no pace or creativity. I see out lack of genuine pacey wingers as our major concern. Kaka just does not cut in and whilst Dejagah has at times linked well with Reither he does not get past the last man.

Sidwell and Parker well that blatantly does not work and signing Holtby is def not the answer.

I for one hope we keep Berbatov until the end of the season, floating behind our new CF.

Fingers crossed we have a busy 48 hours, history tells us we won't. I would like to see Morrison at the club, the boy has bundles of ability and we must get a left back ( been waiting 2 years ), we should be throwing the kitchen sink at a Lescott loan for 6 months and WINGERS we need pace !

Baszab

should keep Taraabt - the only genuine attack-minded centre midfield we have -- I know he shoots at the wrong time - but he would definitely be very useful with a proper striker (not the fat oaf or the disinterested one) should we sign this Greek guy

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Baszab on January 30, 2014, 09:49:28 AM
should keep Taraabt - the only genuine attack-minded centre midfield we have -- I know he shoots at the wrong time - but he would definitely be very useful with a proper striker (not the fat oaf or the disinterested one) should we sign this Greek guy
Can't shoot and rarely passes.

Pluto

How is Holtby not the answer?! He's a playmaking central midfielder! Exactly what we need.

Berbatov hasn't worked all season. He has been completely useless- if we can get rid this transfer window we should.

epsomraver

Quote from: Pluto on January 30, 2014, 10:14:52 AM
How is Holtby not the answer?! He's a playmaking central midfielder! Exactly what we need.

Berbatov hasn't worked all season. He has been completely useless- if we can get rid this transfer window we should.

:plus one:

Lighthouse

We need pace up the middle as well as out wide. The midfield have nothing to pass to if they have a forward  who is either offside or on the half way line making a souffle for his meal after the game and taking no interest in what is happening.

So it would be nice for a better midfield and a better defence as well come to that. But a forward and one that can offer a target to pass into or at is very important. Have no idea if this Greek Gentleman is any good or not or if he is really going to sign.

However a forward can turn the whole team into a better side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bill2

Quote from: Baszab on January 30, 2014, 09:49:28 AM
I agree that Taraabt does have a run at defences but he does not release the ball and just runs into a crowd of defenders. We need a midfield player who has the pace and vision to feed the wide and forward players and get into the box.

God The Mechanic

Riverside

If you make space for your self and run in to gaps - i.e move - your chances of getting service increase !!

Both Bent and Rodellega seem to get better service that Berba ( their issue is more their 1st touch )

Humbled

Our service isn't great but our movement is worse.
I also would have kept Taarabt as a lot of his bad decisions is due to the lack of movement ahead of him and the fact he doesn't like to go backwards. Like Dejagah and Riether will.
Holtby would be a good addition.

SKSW6

I thought Holtby was more of a CAM, rather than a CM in the mold of Murphy? Getting CAMs in means we have to play that horrid 4-2-3-1 which doesn't work, so I'd much rather we signed a CM so we can play 4-3-3. If Holtby can play CM then I stand corrected.

God The Mechanic

Maybe he can play deeper with freedom to push up, depending on how defensive the other two are.

Pluto

Quote from: SKSW6 on January 30, 2014, 11:52:21 AM
I thought Holtby was more of a CAM, rather than a CM in the mold of Murphy? Getting CAMs in means we have to play that horrid 4-2-3-1 which doesn't work, so I'd much rather we signed a CM so we can play 4-3-3. If Holtby can play CM then I stand corrected.

He can. He's more of a Karagounis type than a number 10. Not as deep lying and defensive as Murphy but he definitely sits deeper than the likes of Ruiz, Taraabt and Morrison.

LordNelson

Quote from: howitis on January 30, 2014, 09:34:47 AM
Don't want to dampen people's enthusiasm for an £11m CF but even if he can hit the ground running in the Prem (few have) he will have to have a bundle of solo goals in his repertoire to help us.
Berbatov has been completely starved of service as has any forward to put on the shirt.

I'm afraid creativity is at a premium at our club and whilst Tarabt has not really done the business at least he had the ability to unlock defences. We are left with no pace or creativity. I see out lack of genuine pacey wingers as our major concern. Kaka just does not cut in and whilst Dejagah has at times linked well with Reither he does not get past the last man.

Sidwell and Parker well that blatantly does not work and signing Holtby is def not the answer.

I for one hope we keep Berbatov until the end of the season, floating behind our new CF.

Fingers crossed we have a busy 48 hours, history tells us we won't. I would like to see Morrison at the club, the boy has bundles of ability and we must get a left back ( been waiting 2 years ), we should be throwing the kitchen sink at a Lescott loan for 6 months and WINGERS we need pace !

Preach on, my brother!!
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

RoyTund

Spot on.  Midfield not good enough overall, too slow, sideways passing and not box to box.  Kasami perhaps the exception to that.

mccscratch

Service, Service, Service.....

Hmmm... When was the last time you saw Dimitar Berbatov sprint on a run into the box? Seriously...name the time you saw it...

Berba is class on the ball but when guys like Kaca actually do get to the byline... Berba is 40 yards from goal... perhaps he a started the move but we need someone who is a goal hunter in the box... Berba is class with the ball at his feet but we are not Arsenal... we don't create chances in the box through the middle with cute 1 2 wall passes (save the build up from him and Dempsey the other night)...

We need a striker who runs and puts his guts out on the field...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

epsomraver

Quote from: mccscratch on January 30, 2014, 04:10:02 PM

Hmmm... When was the last time you saw Dimitar Berbatov sprint on a run into the box? Seriously...name the time you saw it...

Berba is class on the ball but when guys like Kaca actually do get to the byline... Berba is 40 yards from goal... perhaps he a started the move but we need someone who is a goal hunter in the box... Berba is class with the ball at his feet but we are not Arsenal... we don't create chances in the box through the middle with cute 1 2 wall passes (save the build up from him and Dempsey the other night)...

Saw Berba chuck up on the pitch once, is that good enough? would have looked real good on your 112 inch TV!

mccscratch

Quote from: epsomraver on January 30, 2014, 05:35:45 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on January 30, 2014, 04:10:02 PM

Saw Berba chuck up on the pitch once, is that good enough? would have looked real good on your 112 inch TV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LSAhOt1TS1M#t=15
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Count Berbatov

Quote from: howitis on January 30, 2014, 09:34:47 AM

Agree with everything you said. The Taarabt part too.
I'd rather you not buy a CF, but invest in a quality midfielder or two. A defender obviously
Berba, Bent, whoever... They need service.
And also, with two pacey wingers and  Berba, with someone to run from behind..
Why wasn't Karagounis 10-15 years younger! But even now, till you get someone in, he should be a starter
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

epsomraver

If we keep Berbatov will be go down for sure, he is poison to our club, not yours count, ours Fulham