watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

taarabat

Started by nose, January 30, 2014, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

how strange. it is reported he is in italy, flown in by private jet no less, and about to join the mighty AC Milan, butyet not good enough for us and QPR don't want him back

what am i missing?

horse1031

everyone can see he has talent.  he was not the type of player needed for a relegation fight but for serie A.... maybe?

cottage cheese

He is a very talented boy but sadly he has a few screws missing which for some reason have always held him back.

Pev

He has tremendous talent no-one denies that, the guy just needs the right guidance and unfortunately both us and QPR are not the right sort of teams for him.

Maybe Clarence could turn his career around
@Fulham_Boy

Brede Butter Pudding

He's got an ego - a big ego - and wants/needs to be at a club that can match that ego. QPR couldn't match it, Fulham tried to subdue it, and now Milan will embrace it, I expect.

He has undoubted potential - for such a big bloke (who has seemed a bit overweight in the past in my opinion) he has superb feet, and possibly the less-physical nature of Serie A may suit him.

I say good luck to him. I am genuinely disappointed he's gone - I always considered him a player who when playing at home could light the staidum up when gliding past players, but away from home seem to fade away. He's a player that a non-struggling team would love to have. He makes things happen, creates chances, but ultimately is too luxury for a club like ours in our current predicament. We need players who will work their socks off for the team, not enigmas who will shine brightly for 20 minutes and then fade for the rest of the match.

Julius Geezer

Italian football is played at a slower tempo to ours, meaning more time on the ball.

More time for Taarabt to look up and do something rather then just losing it.

I actually think he'll do alright there.

Humbled

Good player.
Performed better then Fulham fans made out or want to believe baring in mind how poor we are collectively.
Better striker (movement) ahead of him and better shape he would have been a great acquisition.

Looked like he has no end product at time as he had little to no movement ahead of him. Dejagah and Riether have the same issue but the difference is they will go back whereas Taarabt would shoot or take people on until he ran out of room or lost the ball.

cmg

...and who is that with him as he goes through Malpensa airport? Why, it looks very much like our old friend Kia Joorabchian.

Anybody counted the cutlery at the Motspur Park canteen?

Danitar

I would love to know what the Milan fans think of this

mccscratch

Quote from: Humbled on January 30, 2014, 02:18:14 PM
Good player.
Performed better then Fulham fans made out or want to believe baring in mind how poor we are collectively.
Better striker (movement) ahead of him and better shape he would have been a great acquisition.

Looked like he has no end product at time as he had little to no movement ahead of him. Dejagah and Riether have the same issue but the difference is they will go back whereas Taarabt would shoot or take people on until he ran out of room or lost the ball.

+1

Much better player than people want to let on... gives the ball away at times but also is a menace to the opposing defense... unlucky at Sheffield on a crap pitch... inches from making a few very key passes in on goal.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

KevDev

Milan fans wil soon find out- loads of skill but can't pass and can't shoot.
If its a loan deal I can guarantee it won't turn into a perm deal

GrahamG

Sorry it didn't work out. He's better than anything we've got available right now.

beijing ben

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on January 30, 2014, 02:14:48 PM
He's got an ego - a big ego - and wants/needs to be at a club that can match that ego. QPR couldn't match it, Fulham tried to subdue it, and now Milan will embrace it, I expect.

He has undoubted potential - for such a big bloke (who has seemed a bit overweight in the past in my opinion) he has superb feet, and possibly the less-physical nature of Serie A may suit him.

I say good luck to him. I am genuinely disappointed he's gone - I always considered him a player who when playing at home could light the staidum up when gliding past players, but away from home seem to fade away. He's a player that a non-struggling team would love to have. He makes things happen, creates chances, but ultimately is too luxury for a club like ours in our current predicament. We need players who will work their socks off for the team, not enigmas who will shine brightly for 20 minutes and then fade for the rest of the match.

Agree with all this

jmh

Hope he does well.  "Nice guy but not a great work ethic" doesn't sound all that different from me when I was his age.

Honestly, not sure how Milan will find him any playing time with all the attacking options they already have, though.

sunburywhite

Quote from: GrahamG on January 30, 2014, 05:36:19 PM
Sorry it didn't work out. He's better than anything we've got available right now.

We must have some right kack around us then if he is the best we have

The guy was a legend in his own lunch hour. Hi final game for us against Sheff U was dire. His first 8 passes went straight to opposition players. He made Scwarz distribution look like Cruyff
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

jmh

No official announcement from Fulham but the Milan website indicates it's a done deal:

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/151086

mccscratch

Sorry to all those that hate on the guy but he would not be going to AC Milan unless he could play the game..

He has plenty of talent and a manager needs to find a way to get it out of him in the right team setting. we did not succeed.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

GrahamG

He's still better than anything else we've got.

bill taylors apprentice

Good luck to him, but having a talent is just one part of the equation.
IMO he doesn't have the ability to do the ugly stuff to make it at the highest level.