watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Redemption of the Khan

Started by hesedmedia, January 30, 2014, 02:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hesedmedia

So, presuming we get Mitroglou and Kvist, which other signings will be needed to make all the conspiracy theories about Khan having ulterior motives that run counter to the club doing well disappear? Will the board considered him redeemed should we get any combination of the following:

Holtby
Taylor
Morrison
(Insert your choice, player or position)?

Slaphead in Qatar

Why redemption. He hasn't done anything wrong yet. Apart from growing that tache.

hesedmedia

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 30, 2014, 02:49:56 PM
Why redemption. He hasn't done anything wrong yet. Apart from growing that tache.

I agree (except I think the tache is a prime virtue). I'm mainly hoping to gauge the sentiment of those that expressed the idea that somehow Khan's situation would be improved by the club failing to stay up -- how much will he need to do to win them over? That's what I'm hoping to get an answer to.

Barrie

I'm waiting to see what actually materialises in the window before forming a view.

west kowloon white

First "window" loads of bids and none silly...(hopefully not for the Greek?)Curbs playing a blinder.....Redeemed and perhaps happy days ahead?

TonyGilroy

All we can actually know is that whatever we end up spending has been authorised by Khan.

He may have been willing to spend more.

He could be a moron who decided there wasn't enough real estate in America and thought that £200M for a residential development on the site of a smallish sports stadium with serious planning restrictions would be a good use of his money as certain members of our intelligencia have been insisting.

Time will tell.

west kowloon white

Time will never tell for some ,then.

terryr

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 30, 2014, 03:07:03 PM

All we can actually know is that whatever we end up spending has been authorised by Khan.

He may have been willing to spend more.

He could be a moron who decided there wasn't enough real estate in America and thought that £200M for a residential development on the site of a smallish sports stadium with serious planning restrictions would be a good use of his money as certain members of our intelligencia have been insisting.

Time will tell.
Jeeze....give the guy a break

RidgeRider

I don't understand what he needs to be redeemed for but some supporters will probably never warm to him just based on the baseless vitriol I've read on this board. They think they know the man and what his intentions are and have already made their mind up.

It's clear Ali Mac is trying, and has been trying, and it appears we have money to spend.

b+w geezer

Quote from: TerryR on January 30, 2014, 03:20:32 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 30, 2014, 03:07:03 PM

Time will tell.
Jeeze....give the guy a break
Is Tony promoting that theory, or doing something else with it? The latter, methinks.

Lighthouse

The argument about Khan centres on the ground should we go down. As for him spending money. We are 36 hours from the end of this transfer window. We have signed one man on loan to the end of the season and Dempsey. Our new owner hasn't done anything yet. Everything is rumour and hope.

Khan is an absentee landlord so needless to say fans await the positive input.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

terryr

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 30, 2014, 04:05:27 PM
The argument about Khan centres on the ground should we go down. As for him spending money. We are 36 hours from the end of this transfer window. We have signed one man on loan to the end of the season and Dempsey. Our new owner hasn't done anything yet. Everything is rumour and hope.

I imagine you are reconsidering this sentiment......

WayneKerrins

Been great day so far but looking at the money side specifically we look like shipping out our 2 biggest earners and have so far spent big money on one marquee signing who will earn half of what Berba does.
Good dealings yes (especially the 4 moths we will get of Holtby) the decent forward to replace berba yes but not quite the massive outlays that some of the reaction on the boards would suggest. Now Taylor or Morrison and the hype and plaudits would be due.

mungos beans

He has to spend or we go down...

YankeeJim

It does appear that we have shook off the last of the Jol curse.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Forever Fulham

If it wasn't for all the 'Jaguars move to London in the future' speculation, there wouldn't be any nervous doubts over his ownership.  The NFL IS trying to get a London team and a European football conference/division.  And the Jaguars name has been bandied about more than any other U.S. team in that regard. So, such speculative fears have not been unreasonable.  Right now, I'd dearly like to see Holtby in a Fulham shirt.

Lighthouse

Quote from: TerryR on January 31, 2014, 08:48:09 PM

We have now signed an expensive forward. Very pleased but  still worried that it will not be enough and a shame we couldn't have done it earlier. Not Khans fault I know. Odd that so many threads are trying to score more points off fellow fans then the club have managed. Just enjoy the day.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wingnut

Some good signings and exits today but the lack of cover at CB is worrying. Khan has stumped up the cash to be fair to him.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 31, 2014, 09:39:49 PM
Quote from: TerryR on January 31, 2014, 08:48:09 PM

We have now signed an expensive forward. Very pleased but  still worried that it will not be enough and a shame we couldn't have done it earlier. Not Khans fault I know. Odd that so many threads are trying to score more points off fellow fans then the club have managed. Just enjoy the day.

Well,  If Kahn had insisted that  Jol/Mac had (in the summer) signed the younger, cheaper,  mid-field player, from  Spurt ...................we would not need a another Spurt on loan  right now .................... and a G1NGER  too boot !!!!

PS I am having Lighthouse banter here ....

God The Mechanic

You don't want your owner insisting a manager buys a player, they're the money men behind things and support the manager to the point they deem acceptable.  As soon as they start interfering in team/selection matters things are gonna go very wrong.