Started by Furby, January 30, 2014, 08:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Furby on January 30, 2014, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on January 30, 2014, 09:33:15 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 30, 2014, 09:30:58 PM
Quote from: Furby on January 30, 2014, 09:28:54 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 30, 2014, 09:24:30 PM
Don't care who the club is if we don't know who the player is, or have I missed something?

No you've missed nothing, that's why I asked am I getting carried away with these (admittedly very vague) comments. I'm also sad enough to say I'll be glued to the TV watching Jim White all night tomorrow.
Thanks Furby - thought I was going mad! I can't sleep at the mo with all this going on!

I'm not surprised why you (Furby) thought it was about us. Every other transfer rumour is at the moment.

Mad.

Which I suppose is a good thing, because it's got a lot of us positively buzzing, so just think what the cottage will be like on Saturday if all these come through?!?
I agree it should up the belief and therefore the atmosphere. Alas, too many new players take time to gel and a loss at home after spending a few bob, and can you imagine the response at the end of the game? And then of course on here! Blimey, the newbies will think they've made a big mistake!

FPT

The only clientèle I know Barry Silkman represents is:

Demba Ba, Ravel Morrison, Mark Schwarzer and David Villa.

Danitar

Quote from: Furby on January 30, 2014, 09:40:35 PM
Quote from: Danitar on January 30, 2014, 09:37:14 PM
Quote from: Furby on January 30, 2014, 09:24:16 PM
Quote from: Danitar on January 30, 2014, 09:04:01 PM
Quote from: Furby on January 30, 2014, 08:38:57 PM
Anyone else just listened to Barry Silkman (Agent/Transfer Broker) on TalkSport?

I know there will be a lot of replies of that's just agent chat,

but he's just said he's very very close to bringing in the best deal he's done for years and years. He's a £10m defender at a top club in Europe getting plenty of minutes, but unbelievably is open to a loan deal to be in the shop window of the Premier League. He goes on to say that the club in question is in under huge pressure at the moment but has sold this particular club to the player by saying they will win more games than they'll lose once this window has closed. Emails and plenty of phone calls have flown across all day with this players agent to finalise things for tomorrow.

Am I getting too carried away that this is us?

It can't be us surely. Why do you think it's us?

I'm basing it purely on the struggling at the bottom, under deep pressure and the they'll win more games than they'll lose after the window closes comments. The last part is the optimist in me that these strong rumoured moves will be completed Danitar.

Fair play, I didn't hear the interview (I know you said the jest of it). But I looked into silkmans client and the only defender he's shopping around is zouma from st ettienne to chelsea (I know it's not a club that have had bad results). That's the reason why

Yeah I saw that too Danitar, but I think he's used more now as a broker to pretty much finalise deals and get things off the ground if there's any chance of them happening.

Isn't he or used to be Ravel Morrisons agent?

That's a very good question and you may be on to something there

Danitar

Quote from: FPT on January 30, 2014, 09:44:40 PM

That answers my question. Thanks

Furby

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 30, 2014, 09:43:03 PM
Quote from: Furby on January 30, 2014, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on January 30, 2014, 09:33:15 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 30, 2014, 09:30:58 PM
Quote from: Furby on January 30, 2014, 09:28:54 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 30, 2014, 09:24:30 PM
Don't care who the club is if we don't know who the player is, or have I missed something?

No you've missed nothing, that's why I asked am I getting carried away with these (admittedly very vague) comments. I'm also sad enough to say I'll be glued to the TV watching Jim White all night tomorrow.
Thanks Furby - thought I was going mad! I can't sleep at the mo with all this going on!

I'm not surprised why you (Furby) thought it was about us. Every other transfer rumour is at the moment.

Mad.

Which I suppose is a good thing, because it's got a lot of us positively buzzing, so just think what the cottage will be like on Saturday if all these come through?!?
I agree it should up the belief and therefore the atmosphere. Alas, too many new players take time to gel and a loss at home after spending a few bob, and can you imagine the response at the end of the game? And then of course on here! Blimey, the newbies will think they've made a big mistake!

Alas, there is always the flip side

Furby

Quote from: FPT on January 30, 2014, 09:44:40 PM

Thanks FPT, a few decent players then to be fair.

Baszab

well if they don't gel soon it will all be a terrible mistake -- should have acted sooner !!

Danitar

Quote from: Baszab on January 30, 2014, 09:56:44 PM
well if they don't gel soon it will all be a terrible mistake -- should have acted sooner !!

:plus one:

Tonywa

Quote from: Baszab on January 30, 2014, 09:22:17 PM
He played for most teams but not us

Silkman came up through the Fulham youth team and left the club before reaching first team level.

fulhamfootiechick

I cant believe none of the Old school Fulham cant remember he's an ex Brentford scum bag from the days when they were actually better than us. Proper slime ball, I definitely wouldn't have him as my agent if I was young and  good at football. Fat Freddy's Cat. And Please Khan sign the Bubble FFS.

YankeeJim

Quote from: fulhamfootiechick on January 30, 2014, 10:23:37 PM
I cant believe none of the Old school Fulham cant remember he's an ex Brentford scum bag from the days when they were actually better than us. Proper slime ball, I definitely wouldn't have him as my agent if I was young and  good at football. Fat Freddy's Cat. And Please Khan sign the Bubble FFS.

Good to see your moniker.
Had any good sausages lately?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Furby

Do you think the defender could be Lescott?

One Martin Thomas

Talksport is an awful station and there's nothing I hate more than hearing Hawksbee and Jacobs talk about SPURS !  It runs right through me.

Until these players are pictured with Rene holding a shirt, I won't take anything for granted.

leonffc

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 30, 2014, 10:55:03 PM
Talksport is an awful station and there's nothing I hate more than hearing Hawksbee and Jacobs talk about SPURS !  It runs right through me.

Until these players are pictured with Rene holding a shirt, I won't take anything for granted.

Jacobs is a Chelsea fan. A very bitter one that can laugh at his bitterness.
Plus I think these two are hilarious, certainly the best show on there.

Furby

Quote from: leonffc on January 31, 2014, 05:35:34 AM

In total agreement. Paul Hawksbee even writes for Harry Hill.

Tonywa

Quote from: leonffc on January 31, 2014, 05:35:34 AM

It's a wonderful show.  Best thing on the channel by miles since Porky Parry went.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Furby

Quote from: westcliff white on January 31, 2014, 09:54:58 AM
efe ambrose?

Just about to ask the exact same question WW. I think so, you?

Danitar

Quote from: westcliff white on January 31, 2014, 09:54:58 AM
efe ambrose?

My mates a Celtic fan and says he's a liability. Should fit in with senderos then

westcliff white

silkman has that way of bigging players up so I reckon it could be. Personally i think he comes across as a worm type charachter
Every day is a Fulham day