watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Barry Silkman on TalkSport

Started by Furby, January 30, 2014, 08:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Anyone else just listened to Barry Silkman (Agent/Transfer Broker) on TalkSport?

I know there will be a lot of replies of that's just agent chat,

but he's just said he's very very close to bringing in the best deal he's done for years and years. He's a £10m defender at a top club in Europe getting plenty of minutes, but unbelievably is open to a loan deal to be in the shop window of the Premier League. He goes on to say that the club in question is in under huge pressure at the moment but has sold this particular club to the player by saying they will win more games than they'll lose once this window has closed. Emails and plenty of phone calls have flown across all day with this players agent to finalise things for tomorrow.

Am I getting too carried away that this is us?

jmh

Could be us, but it could also be Manchester United, or a dozen other clubs.

nose

barry silknman.now there is a name to conjour with.. wasn't it him and rachid harkouk of palace implicated in a currency fraud.
he is a football agent and always strikes me as fairly unsavoury.

leonffc

Yeah I heard it. I was thinking us but it could be anyone.
I was about to google champs lg appearances then compare the players with 4 to their club positions. But I can't be bothered tbh.

He's also just commented on the Cornelius transfer to Cardiff. "£11 for a player coming out of Denmark should raise eyebrows due to the quality if football. If you are paying that sort of money the player needs to be coming from Italy, Spain, Germany, France or maybe Belgium."
..........no mention of Greece on that list!! I'm inclined to agree.

EJL

Quote from: leonffc on January 30, 2014, 08:47:28 PM
Yeah I heard it. I was thinking us but it could be anyone.
I was about to google champs lg appearances then compare the players with 4 to their club positions. But I can't be bothered tbh.

He's also just commented on the Cornelius transfer to Cardiff. "£11 for a player coming out of Denmark should raise eyebrows due to the quality if football. If you are paying that sort of money the player needs to be coming from Italy, Spain, Germany, France or maybe Belgium."
..........no mention of Greece on that list!! I'm inclined to agree.
Although the Greek Premier League has seen better times over the past ten or so years, Olympiacos are, after all, through to the knockout stages of the Champions League. Not something to be sniffed at. Danish teams notoriously go out of European competitions without a whimper.

bobby01

So where's Phil going then :dft011:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Furby

Quote from: jmh on January 30, 2014, 08:42:23 PM
Could be us, but it could also be Manchester United, or a dozen other clubs.

Don't know if your comment was tongue in cheek JMH I think my daughter could sell Man U to a player. It's a club down the bottom that's for sure.

Yes Leon, I also agreed with the list he gave. But I'm sure our potential new striker is no Samaras!

Danitar

Quote from: Furby on January 30, 2014, 08:38:57 PM
Anyone else just listened to Barry Silkman (Agent/Transfer Broker) on TalkSport?

but he's just said he's very very close to bringing in the best deal he's done for years and years. He's a £10m defender at a top club in Europe getting plenty of minutes, but unbelievably is open to a loan deal to be in the shop window of the Premier League. He goes on to say that the club in question is in under huge pressure at the moment but has sold this particular club to the player by saying they will win more games than they'll lose once this window has closed. Emails and plenty of phone calls have flown across all day with this players agent to finalise things for tomorrow.

It can't be us surely. Why do you think it's us?

Arthur

Quote from: nose on January 30, 2014, 08:44:35 PM
barry silknman.now there is a name to conjour with.. wasn't it him and rachid harkouk of palace implicated in a currency fraud.
he is a football agent and always strikes me as fairly unsavoury.

Am I right in thinking he began his career here? Vaguely recall him turning out for the stiffs, circa 1970.

Perhaps he's trying to do his old Club a favour (not that we could ever have done any for him).

Baszab

He played for most teams but not us

Furby

Quote from: Danitar on January 30, 2014, 09:04:01 PM

I'm basing it purely on the struggling at the bottom, under deep pressure and the they'll win more games than they'll lose after the window closes comments. The last part is the optimist in me that these strong rumoured moves will be completed Danitar.

BestOfBrede

Don't care who the club is if we don't know who the player is, or have I missed something?

Furby

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 30, 2014, 09:24:30 PM
Don't care who the club is if we don't know who the player is, or have I missed something?

No you've missed nothing, that's why I asked am I getting carried away with these (admittedly very vague) comments. I'm also sad enough to say I'll be glued to the TV watching Jim White all night tomorrow.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Furby on January 30, 2014, 09:28:54 PM

No you've missed nothing, that's why I asked am I getting carried away with these (admittedly very vague) comments. I'm also sad enough to say I'll be glued to the TV watching Jim White all night tomorrow.
Thanks Furby - thought I was going mad! I can't sleep at the mo with all this going on!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

He talking about Spam, he is probably an old cronie of  Gold and Sullivan
''My Life '' !!!!! you can imagine it ................                        

PokerMatt

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 30, 2014, 09:30:58 PM

Thanks Furby - thought I was going mad! I can't sleep at the mo with all this going on!

I'm not surprised why you (Furby) thought it was about us. Every other transfer rumour is at the moment.

Mad.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Furby

I know what you mean, it's the first thing I check when I wake up in the morning.

Danitar

Quote from: Furby on January 30, 2014, 09:24:16 PM

I'm basing it purely on the struggling at the bottom, under deep pressure and the they'll win more games than they'll lose after the window closes comments. The last part is the optimist in me that these strong rumoured moves will be completed Danitar.

Fair play, I didn't hear the interview (I know you said the jest of it). But I looked into silkmans client and the only defender he's shopping around is zouma from st ettienne to chelsea (I know it's not a club that have had bad results). That's the reason why

Furby

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 30, 2014, 09:33:15 PM

I'm not surprised why you (Furby) thought it was about us. Every other transfer rumour is at the moment.

Mad.

Which I suppose is a good thing, because it's got a lot of us positively buzzing, so just think what the cottage will be like on Saturday if all these come through?!?

Furby

Quote from: Danitar on January 30, 2014, 09:37:14 PM
Quote from: Furby on January 30, 2014, 09:24:16 PM

Fair play, I didn't hear the interview (I know you said the jest of it). But I looked into silkmans client and the only defender he's shopping around is zouma from st ettienne to chelsea (I know it's not a club that have had bad results). That's the reason why

Yeah I saw that too Danitar, but I think he's used more now as a broker to pretty much finalise deals and get things off the ground if there's any chance of them happening.

Isn't he or used to be Ravel Morrisons agent?