watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham clinch deals for Mitroglou and Manchester United pair

Started by Grimson, January 30, 2014, 09:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

jmh

Quote from: Grimson on January 30, 2014, 09:46:03 PM
Source: Goal.com.. Can we believe it??
No.  We can believe it when it's on the club website and not before.

ffc73

If this is true, why do we need the two Man Utd youngsters when we have our own coming through?

Or have we promised Man Utd first options on the likes of Roberts, Dembele &/or Tankovic?

PokerMatt

I reckon they're just making the assumption that the deals will be wrapped up tomorrow, thus making it look like they got there first.

I too will await something official.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

kiwiwaka

Not a matter of coming through, both are probably ready to play now - Tunnicliffe is probably to have another Parker/Karagounis type player. Cole is an exciting attacking midfielder/winger. Be very happy with both of them.

Mitroglou, Holtby, Cole, Tunnicliffe and maybe a defender of some sort (I personally would be happy with Bardsley's versatility) would be a fantastic window.

Danitar

Quote from: kiwiwaka on January 30, 2014, 09:59:12 PM
Not a matter of coming through, both are probably ready to play now - Tunnicliffe is probably to have another Parker/Karagounis type player. Cole is an exciting attacking midfielder/winger. Be very happy with both of them.

Mitroglou, Holtby, Cole, Tunnicliffe and maybe a defender of some sort (I personally would be happy with Bardsley's versatility) would be a fantastic window.

I agree it would be a great window but my only problem is why wasn't this done sooner when we really needed them especially mitroglou

YankeeJim

I was all set to jump for joy then noticed the source was Goal.com. Not a great record, that bunch.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

SKSW6

Bit of a confusing one for the two young lads. They're both at the age where they shouldn't (and won't, considering they're coming here) drop into the U21s, and presumably they won't want to go out on loan again as they could've done that whilst still at Utd. So they're going into the first team squad, with Cole especially having very little experience. Hmm.

jmh

Quote from: FFC73 on January 30, 2014, 09:55:19 PM
If this is true, why do we need the two Man Utd youngsters when we have our own coming through?
No such thing as having too many talented young players.

JackyFulham90

I really hope we wrap up the signing of Mitraglou. My mate who is a United fan says Tunnicliffe is a good player. I think Holtby & Taylor signing are key for us

Captain Fulhamerica

Quote from: Danitar on January 30, 2014, 10:01:22 PM

I agree it would be a great window but my only problem is why wasn't this done sooner when we really needed them especially mitroglou
There's just no pleasing some people  1500.gif

If this is all true, it's the best transfer window we've had in years. Be happy!

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: MJs Statue on January 30, 2014, 10:09:43 PM
Quote from: Danitar on January 30, 2014, 10:01:22 PM

There's just no pleasing some people  1500.gif

If this is all true, it's the best transfer window we've had in years. Be happy!

Being excited is such a nice change considering this season. Can't wait for tomorrow to see these deals (hopefully) go through!!

MOR :

So at this precise time we have only 2 loan players...Dempsey & Kvist...no more no less

jmh

Quote from: MOR : on January 30, 2014, 10:14:58 PM
So at this precise time we have only 2 loan players...Dempsey & Kvist...no more no less
Yes.  To be fair we have the option to keep Kvist if we want, so it's a good situation there.

Bassey the warrior

Not from that source. Wayne Veysey just makes stuff up.

Jack Fulham

I'm assuming Mitroglou will sign. Tunnicliffe is a player who models himself on Roy Keane and is a walking red card. Larnell Cole was better than Januzaj for U21 years but Januzaj was the one to progress since Moyes came in. He should really look to move as United are looking to spend so first team opportunity will be limited.

Furby

Quote from: The Moose on January 30, 2014, 10:16:29 PM
Not from that source. Wayne Veysey just makes stuff up.

Bizarre. I know two people called Wayne and they both BS for fun.

Pluto

If we've promised United Roberts, Dembele or Tankovic for these two rejects I'm going to be livid.  :dft007:

..Kya.ffc..

Quote from: Pluto on January 31, 2014, 12:34:12 AM
If we've promised United Roberts, Dembele or Tankovic for these two rejects I'm going to be livid.  :dft007:
In short - NO WAY!
We are not that stupid. RM Seen something in them and perhaps got them here but we won't trade our future fore them. We have a top 3 academy of England. If you look at the results of the last years we are even better.

He seen squad players with potential of better and got them here, if we get relegated then we will have someone to take over along with our youth players if not squad players.
Beers may have been involved in this post.