more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aaron Hughes: Merged

Started by Tonywa, January 31, 2014, 09:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

nose

good luck to him, I am not sure this is a good move, hughes is a reliable player and would seem to be a good back up even if no longer a regular first choice.
Perhaps we are making way for a replacement.

God The Mechanic

Good servant over the years but a noticeable drop in form over the last 18 months or so.  Wouldn't say he's "reliable" any more either.

Rudolph

Hughes has gone, confirmed by Harry Redknapp.  His number has been up for a while and the drop in divisions will suit his declining game, but he has been very good lad and his contribution to the club should be noted.

bill taylors apprentice

Thanks Aaron.

Not a loan, I think we have released him which has allowed him to sign a deal elsewhere. 

DiegoFulham

should have sent them Senderos, they would have loved Senderos!
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 31, 2014, 09:54:44 AM
What a come down for Hughes if this one is true. A sad end to an excellent career.
Although, I'm sure they'll make it worth his while with the idiots they've got in charge at that place.
Not necessarily, if he plays well Qpr will come up and he will have another season in the sun of the premiership with a tidy pension pot to boot. Good luck to him hope it works out well.

cmg

Thanks and good luck to a very fine Fulham man.

Excellent player at his best and an amazingly clean sportsman for such a position in the modern age.

Shame about the club - but we do have a record of sending some of our best liked players to see out their days in the murkier areas of the borough.

downbytheriver

By far one of the most underrated defenders in recent times. A fantastic servent to this club and has provided many games of solidarity with Hangeland at the back, a parternship which not surprisingly saw us survive at Portsmouth and go into one of the most successful periods in our history.

His positional sense and calmness on the ball is something many young defenders can learn from and is something that always filled me with confidence ahead of games.

Although he has been on the wane for a season or so now and this move is not unexpected, it has been a real pleasure to watch Hughes play for us. He will be missed as an experienced head but I'm sure as all fulham fans do, I wish him all the best for the future.

Artful Dodger

A fantastic and under rated player for Fulham. Totally agree with your comments downbytheriver.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

vbg cottager

this is unbelievable...
I just can't understand this move!

really pisses me off!
all the best Aaron! what a great and honorable servant for this club...

Baszab

can't blame him for going to QPR- prolongs his career -after all it's only a job to the players - good luck to him

aaronmcguigan

we do have far too many CBs, hes been my favourite Fulhanm player for the past 5 years and deserves to play some football.

ltd-ffc

wish him the best of luck his form has not been the best as of late and dan burn seems to have taken his place but he is a legend been a great servant for us and really done the nitty gritty for us over the years.

the move makes sense for him and i can see why he has gone as he wont have resettle and he will get more game time but nonetheless i am devastated by his departure

Good luck hughesy
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Otley

All the best to Aaron Hughes.  It's just a pity that we can't say farewell to him at the next home game.

Pluto

Quote from: downbytheriver on January 31, 2014, 12:46:17 PM
By far one of the most underrated defenders in recent times. A fantastic servent to this club and has provided many games of solidarity with Hangeland at the back, a parternship which not surprisingly saw us survive at Portsmouth and go into one of the most successful periods in our history.

His positional sense and calmness on the ball is something many young defenders can learn from and is something that always filled me with confidence ahead of games.

Although he has been on the wane for a season or so now and this move is not unexpected, it has been a real pleasure to watch Hughes play for us. He will be missed as an experienced head but I'm sure as all fulham fans do, I wish him all the best for the future.
:plus one:

Pev

Why is this not Senderos?!?!

I will sadly miss Hughes a great deal he has done so much for our club and wish him best with the rest of his career. The H&H partnership will go down in FFC history.
@Fulham_Boy

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 31, 2014, 09:54:44 AM
What a come down for Hughes if this one is true. A sad end to an excellent career.
Although, I'm sure they'll make it worth his while with the idiots they've got in charge at that place.

He's forever stained his whole career, not to mention the lives of his innocent children,  with one act of utter stupidity.

Blanco

Another move that pisses me off. He was with us for 6 1/2 years and look at him smiling in the pictures with him holding a QPR shirt. p**** even said he wants to help them come back up. When you think you've got loyal decent players. Shows that 99% of them don't give a poo.

:dft007: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007:

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Blanco on January 31, 2014, 02:45:15 PM
Another move that pisses me off. He was with us for 6 1/2 years and look at him smiling in the pictures with him holding a QPR shirt. p**** even said he wants to help them come back up. When you think you've got loyal decent players. Shows that 99% of them don't give a poo.

:dft007: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007:

WHAT?!?!  He's hardly gonna come out and say that he's planning on helping them concede loads of goals to stay in the Championship, possibly head closer to the relegation spots for a bit of excitement is he?  A job is a job...