watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two things

Started by HatterDon, January 31, 2014, 03:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

I haven't spent much time posting here, but I have read a few threads and so I have two things to say:

2. The second thing is about Kasami. I've seen posts on here saying that Kasami is out of control, that he's reckless, that his wonder goal against Palace has gone to his head and he's trying things he doesn't have the talent to pull off.

my response to that talk is "rubbish." What Kasami is doing -- and what Kacaniklic is doing to a lesser extent -- is taking attacking responsibility on the pitch. When the ball comes to him or when he sees a defender gain possession, he is all about streaking down the pitch and putting the opponent on their back heels. Taking responsibility is something we've not seen much the last couple seasons and so it looks strange to some and frightening to others.

Regardless of where we wind up this season, Fulham's future should be tied strongly to keeping Kasami here. This should be his club. When we build the side around him, we'll see some football that's worth getting excited about. We've got some remarkable young talent in the side. We gave up on Frei too early. We need to hang on to as many of these skillful and aggressive youngsters as we can and build our own dynasty.

oh, the other thing

1. We're going to get three points against Southampton tomorrow. You read it here first.

back to reading with the occasional snark.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FulhamPHX

Well said Hatter.  Would love to see us blooding the youngsters provided we stay up.  We have the ability to truly shape our destiny for years to come in the next couple of years. 

mccscratch

Quote from: HatterDon on January 31, 2014, 03:38:22 PM
I haven't spent much time posting here, but I have read a few threads and so I have two things to say:

2. The second thing is about Kasami. I've seen posts on here saying that Kasami is out of control, that he's reckless, that his wonder goal against Palace has gone to his head and he's trying things he doesn't have the talent to pull off.

my response to that talk is "rubbish." What Kasami is doing -- and what Kacaniklic is doing to a lesser extent -- is taking attacking responsibility on the pitch. When the ball comes to him or when he sees a defender gain possession, he is all about streaking down the pitch and putting the opponent on their back heels. Taking responsibility is something we've not seen much the last couple seasons and so it looks strange to some and frightening to others.

Regardless of where we wind up this season, Fulham's future should be tied strongly to keeping Kasami here. This should be his club. When we build the side around him, we'll see some football that's worth getting excited about. We've got some remarkable young talent in the side. We gave up on Frei too early. We need to hang on to as many of these skillful and aggressive youngsters as we can and build our own dynasty.

oh, the other thing

1. We're going to get three points against Southampton tomorrow. You read it here first.

Could not agree with you more HD. We need to go after games and Kasami and Kaca understand this... 3 pts helps us not hoping we don't make a mistake and cost us 1 pt... they take players on and are not always going backwards... I appreciate possession as much as the next guy but chances are created by going forward and taking risks...

may be why I saw more in Taarabt than most... though the end product was lacking this season...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Totally agree about Kasami HatterDon. I hope he doesn't get squeezed out with all of the new comings and goings.

Hope you're right about tomorrow as well.

Nero

think the problem is that we been playing that bad with the old men these young chaps are seen as some kind of saviours and people see them as the messiahs and when they dont produce miracles every week and when they dont they are usless.

Welease Woger

zander

100 percent agree with you HD. I've always seen Kasami as a player who whats to change the game and believes he can which is something we seem to have lacked over the past season or two.

ltd-ffc

"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Bill2

oh, the other thing

Cannot agree about Kasami. I know I am in a minority but I cannot see what everyone else does. His shooting is poor (one great goal does not mean he has a great shot on him), his tackling is not very good and not sure about his general play. He had a good game against Man U and he puts a shift in. You can always see his involvement by the state of his shirt. Hopefully with the new players around him he can convince me that he is the player everyone says he is.

Burt

Quote from: ltd-ffc on January 31, 2014, 04:11:31 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on January 31, 2014, 03:44:15 PM
I haven't spent much time posting here,

but has 12058 posts  :005:

but yeah well put mate

Perhaps Mr Hat should have put a "recently" in there.

And don't forget he has aso been a long-standing (I was about to say "old"!!) FOFer  :dft011:

NogoodBoyo

I don't have much time to follow all the ins and outs of the grubby January transfer window and I really struggle with the lack of understanding shown by most fans towards the complexity of finding talent.  Having sourced it you have to lure it towards you whilst several other clubs are trying to do the same and finally negotiate contracts with the selling clubs and the targeted talent.
Those of you who have run companies know just how hard that dance can be.
HOWEVER, I just logged on to make sure we still have Kissimee Kasami only to see the great Hatter Don had already busted my move.  Kasami is a vital cog to the future of the team and I do hope he doesn't get lured away or pissed off by other short term deals that might displace him from the team.
Nogood "here's hoping, isit" Boyo

St Eve

I have been saying that we will win tomorrow all week as I will be cheering us on at the cottage

K33NY

oh, the other thing

Well said HatterDon!!!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Me with Woderwick were weleased Wednesday

Quote from: Nero on January 31, 2014, 03:57:39 PM
think the problem is that we been playing that bad with the old men these young chaps are seen as some kind of saviours and people see them as the messiahs and when they dont produce miracles every week and when they dont they are usless.

Welease Woger
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

alfie

oh, the other thing

Totally agree Mr HD, the only thing i would say he just needs to tone down his tackling just a tad, one day he will either seriously injure someone or keep getting the cards. Other than that keep in their son
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

He is a top player for us - just his enthusiasm and energy for a start - but he has a lot of quality as well as athleticism.

I'm sure Rene et al recognise his importance to Fulham's future.