News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This day has gone better than I imagined!

Started by horse1031, January 31, 2014, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

We got Kostas, Holtby, Heitenga in and dropped Berba and Senderos.  Even though it is a loan we have been crying out for a midfielder and Holtby fits the bill.  Kvist also came in yesterday for some added depth.

I think there are a couple more signings to come!  WE NEED A LEFT BACK!  We have dropped all of our luxury players.  We are in a fight that is for sure and these players will help!

I think we have made our team much better and I am excited for the game tomorrow against the Saints!

Wingnut

Are all the signings eligible for tomorrow?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

K33NY

If I see a LB signing within window closes, I will cry of hapiness I think :)

JackyFulham90

Been a great day for us, I have hope we can stay up.
I'm disappointed we haven't got a left back but Senderos, Ruiz, Taarabt & Berbatov out with
Heitinga, Kvist, Holtby & Mitraglou in has been a good window

rusty shackleford

I really think we're done after the united kids. if there was LB coming we'd have heard.

Maybe Amore will move to LB

God The Mechanic

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 31, 2014, 10:41:16 PM
I really think we're done after the united kids. if there was LB coming we'd have heard.

We didn't hear about Senderos leaving so...

SuffolkWhite

Looking like a very good day for us.......just a thought though.....how many loans can we have ?

Really good day and Khan has shown he is willing to put his hand in his pocket.

049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HatterDon

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 31, 2014, 10:41:16 PM

Oh god please no. Love Bite is even worse as a LB than he is a CB and that's saying something.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rudolph

The release of Hughes has to be a good thing too.  He's cost us a ton of goals this season and was unreliable to say the least.

epsomraver

Quote from: Rudolph on January 31, 2014, 11:01:02 PM
The release of Hughes has to be a good thing too.  He's cost us a ton of goals this season and was unreliable to say the least.

Still spouting rubbish now your hero has been cheered away?

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on January 31, 2014, 11:03:20 PM

Both deserved to be shown the door.  We've been useless at the back and both have been responsible. 

Onwards and upwards.

epsomraver

Quote from: Rudolph on January 31, 2014, 11:04:31 PM

Both deserved to be shown the door.  We've been useless at the back and both have been responsible. 

Onwards and upwards.

So danny Murphy respected club captain is wrong and you are right? Danny said on 5 live that " that we made a mistake; that Hughes is a far superior CB and we shouldn't have let him go to Rangers." 

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on January 31, 2014, 11:07:05 PM

Onwards and upwards.

So danny Murphy respected club captain is wrong and you are right? Danny said on 5 live that " that we made a mistake; that Hughes is a far superior CB and we shouldn't have let him go to Rangers."  V
I'd say he is wrong on this one. Willing to bet Murphy hasn't even seen our goal difference if he genuinely believes that
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Rudolph

The release of Hughes has to be a good thing too.  He's cost us a ton of goals this season and was unreliable to say the least.

Both deserved to be shown the door.  We've been useless at the back and both have been responsible.  

Onwards and upwards.

So danny Murphy respected club captain is wrong and you are right? Danny said on 5 live that " that we made a mistake; that Hughes is a far superior CB and we shouldn't have let him go to Rangers."  

Do you deny we've been useless at the back?  Hughes' game is declining and it had been showing in the last few games (Hull, Norwich, City etc), he was turning into a liability.  Perhaps friendship is blurring Murph's judgement.

epsomraver

Quote from: Rudolph on January 31, 2014, 11:11:08 PM
The release of Hughes has to be a good thing too.  He's cost us a ton of goals this season and was unreliable to say the least.

Both deserved to be shown the door.  We've been useless at the back and both have been responsible.  

Onwards and upwards.

Do you deny we've been useless at the back?  Hughes' game is declining and it had been showing in the last few games (Hull, Norwich, City etc), he was turning into a liability.  Perhaps friendship is blurring Murph's judgement.

I don't deny he is slowing down but his reading of the game is superb, you made yourself look foolish by constantly defending Senderos at the expense of Hughes, I at the end tried to defend Senderos, he tried every game but he just has not got a football brain and relies on physical  force to try and achieve his aims which made him such a liability

rusty shackleford

Its a pity that the new signings cant play in the cup replay, cause the first look we'll get at Mitro now is v United then Pool where he'll prob not get a touch

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2014, 11:09:15 PM

Onwards and upwards.

So danny Murphy respected club captain is wrong and you are right? Danny said on 5 live that " that we made a mistake; that Hughes is a far superior CB and we shouldn't have let him go to Rangers."  V
I'd say he is wrong on this one. Willing to bet Murphy hasn't even seen our goal difference if he genuinely believes that

So you are blaming Hughes for our poor defending then?Nothing to do with Brede being out for weeks, Hughes on the bench for several games Love bite playing poorly, not bedded in yet perhaps?

RaySmith

We've been terrible at the back this season, and something drastic needed to be done with all the goals conceded.

Hughes has been a great servant, but there's no room for sentiment in the modern game, though I'm very sad to see him go.

Now we have Brede, Burns, Heitinger and Amor -who I think will improve as he gets used to the Prem. And we will have some younger legs in the team, and hopefully energy and enthusiasm through the side - a team rather than a collection of mavericks and vets.

Only time will tell if the changes will work, but someone has to make these decisions, rather than sleepwalking to relegation.

jmh

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 31, 2014, 11:20:03 PM
Its a pity that the new signings cant play in the cup replay, cause the first look we'll get at Mitro now is v United then Pool where he'll prob not get a touch
Given the lineup Rene played in the match at Sheff Utd, I would be inclined to guess Mitro wouldn't have played in the replay even if he were available.

epsomraver

Quote from: RaySmith on January 31, 2014, 11:21:15 PM
We've been terrible at the back this season, and something drastic needed to be done with all the goals conceded.

Hughes has been a great servant, but there's no room for sentiment in the modern game, though I'm very sad to see him go.

Now we have Brede, Burns, Heitinger and Amor -who I think will improve as he gets used to the Prem. And we will have some younger legs in the team, and hopefully energy and enthusiasm through the side - a team rather than a collection of mavericks and vets.

Only time will tell if the changes will work, but someone has to make these decisions, rather than sleepwalking to relegation.
0001.jpeg