News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In today's Fulham Stuff (beautifully worked by JC ) Duff says ..........

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, February 01, 2014, 11:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

He is saying we are too good to go down .....

However, 6 years ago this is what he said :

Newcastle In Relegation Fight – Duff
10:32 am, Monday, February 11th, 2008 by Ed Harrison · 24 Comments

Damien Duff has realized that Newcastle are now very close to, if not in, the relegation quagmire and we was in the Blackburn Rovers team that was relegated a few season ago.

damien-duff-90.jpg

Damien Duff – Newcastle now in relegation scrap

He says there’s no truth is the statement that you are too good to go down, but it’s hard to call Newcastle good, after their performance in the second half on Saturday, against Aston Villa, in which 4 goals were conceded, which was abysmal.

Duff talked to the Sun today about relegation:

"When I was at Blackburn it was said that they were too good to go down and I went down with them,""We are in a fight. We have got a tough run-in and need to start picking up points because we haven't done it of late.”

"Relegation hasn't been mentioned in team-talks because we are trying to stay positive.” "But anyone who has got half a brain can see we need to pick up points, and the sooner the better.”

"We have got a lot of work to do. We are way off what Newcastle United expects.” "It's probably a good thing we haven't got a game as it gives us two weeks to work on the training ground."

There are two weeks for Keegan and his training staff, hopefully with Alan Shearer, to work some magic on the lads. But it's got to be a mental thing because the players have proved they can play well, like in the first half on Saturday.

It seems that mental strength is missing ans we need a few players to step up and be counted during the times when things get tough.

Until we can do that, it's going to be very worrying for Newcastle fans during the run-in to the league